Weekly Flag Challenge: Discussion & Entries

OANSA

This is the flag of the Organisation of African Nations Space Agency (OANSA).

The flag depicts Earth and Africa on the left and on the right
this first African manned space vessel, the KOANSA-7.

The motto of the Agency is stated: Ad Astra Per Aspera (Through hardships to the stars).

The agency is only for African nations and each region has it's own regional agency and headquarters:

Main HQ : Fez, Magreb Union
HQ West African Space Directorate: Portroyal, State of Great Benin
HQ North African Space Directorate: Al-Qahira, Kingdom of Egypt
HQ South African Space Directorate: Shakaville, Amazulu Nation
HQ East African Space Directorate: Sultanate of Zanzibar

africaspace3.png

The flag of the Burgundionic Community, a post-colonial association of nations linked by history and culture with metropolitan Burgundy. The organization's logo suggests the old dynastic badge but has been inverted and adjusted to emphasize a rising sun symbol.

Burgundian flag big.png

Last edited:
Greater Asian Prosperity Sphere.

Red and White, Japanese Colours.

Red Sun symbol/s indicative of the varied use of suns in the flags of Asia.

Bar of Red in the Left for the blood lost in creating the GAPS.

ASPROSPH.png

fero

Banned
New Challenge, future unionism countries

help please, flag to this future countries, thank you.
Sorry if i break some protocole, i am a newbie here

Unionism World Map.png

The flag of the the Confederation of Nations, an economic and military union set up by the United States in response to its declining influence in Europe, including the dissolution of NATO shortly after the Soviet Union's collapse. Members are required to be "democratic," which in practice means willing to toe the Washington line. The seven five-pointed stars represent the seven continents, and the seven-pointed star in the center represents a unity between them. Although the Confederation really does have member states in every continent (excluding Antarctica), its membership outside of the Americas is limited to Great Britain, the Korean Republic, Australia and South Africa.

ConfederateFlag.png

I didn't have the time to enter this time, but I did vote.

After voting, I like how I saw that 114 have visited the voting thread, but there are only 15 votes. That is a lot of lurkers.

Congratulations JJXB and rvbomally on your shared victory in this week's challenge voting. We look forward to your new challenge.

My proposed challenges are:

Columbia, Rule the Waves: Flags of US-owned colonies in areas of the world held by European powers in OTL. Must not have been US territory in OTL, but military occupation is acceptable (for example, the Philippines is not acceptable, but Japan and Korea are).
Future China: Suggested earlier. Fairly self-explanatory, the flag of a future Chinese state.

JJXB, feel free to suggest your own or choose one of these. You can PM me and we'll discuss. :)

Flag for German Empire-controlled North-Borneo: Deutsch-Burnai.
The name of this territory Burnai is a combination of Brunei and Borneo.

The round shield is an alternate simplified emblem of the German Empire.

german-brunei3.jpg

Here is my entry for the first option: American Cochinchina!

After the Second Patriotic War ended, the new powers devided South East Asia between themselves. In the region of Indochina Italy gained Greater Siam, Germany gaining Laos, Tonkin and Annam and the Americans gaining Cochinchina. While the other powers chose to integrate these nations within their empire, the US decided to install a puppet regime with the "backing" under Admiral John S. McCain, who controled the local government with an iron fist, which caused the opponents of the US to call the Cochinchia Free State an "American Raj". Later, cruel as history is, when his more liberal son decided to run for presidency for the Democrats in the early 2002, he was severly critized for not being a true American since he was born in Saigon, which de jure was not an American possesion, only de facto.

The flag, designed by admiral McCain's secretary of Vietnamese descent, uses the two traditional colours of Cochinchina, yellow and blue. The use of stars and stripes stand for "the people's will for freedom". When in 1987 Cochinchina became independent, it dropped the stars.

american cochinchina.png

Company Flag

Name of Company: Bulsara Group

Type: Private

Industry: Conglomerate

Founder: Farzan Bulsara

Established: 1838, Agra (Indian Empire)

Headquarters: 1838, Agra (United States of India)

Owners:
- 51% owned by Bulsara Sons and Daughters Trust Company
- 11% owned by Hindustan Corporation
- 10% owned by Zhao Company
- 8% owned by United Arab States Investment Group
- 7% owned by Royal Daimler-Siemens Corporation
- 13% owned by others

Main Subsidiaries:
- Bulsara International (formerly Bulsara Trading Company)
- Bulsara Maritime (formerly Imperial Bulsara Shipping Lines)
- Bulsara Aerospace (formerly Bulsara Airvessels)
- Bulsara Technologies
- Bulsara Energy (formerly Bulsara Oil Company and Bulsara Coal Company)
- Bulsara Motors (formerly Bulsara Bicycle Company and Bulsara Wagon Company)
- Bulsara Food (formerly Bulsara Tea Company and Bulsara Beverages Company)
- Bulsara Communications (formerly Bulsara Broadcasting, Bulsara Radio and Bulsara Interweb)
- Bulsara Heavy Industries
- Bulsara Electronics
- Bulsara Financial
- Bulsara Medical
- Bulsara Miltary
- Bulsara Chemicals
- Bulsara Steel
- Bulsara Bank
- Bulsara Plastics
- Bulsara Space
- Bulsara Healthcare
- Bulsara Media

1941-1985: This particular flag was used for Bulsara Maritime. It has the Bulsara logo in the middle (stylized Arabic letter b) and the colour associated with Bulsara: Cadetblue.

Bulsara2.png

Escuse my english. :)

1790 : La pérousse's ship "La Boussole" came back in France after five years of travels around the world. Two years ago, only one of his two ships,"l'Astrolabe", was lost on Solomon Islands with de Langle, his second.

Upon his arrival, he's welcomed gloriously in Brest, words of the expedition's travels in the pacific islands, Australia, Brasil and Japan echoing among the population.

Rapidly understanding the new political situation in France, La pérousse skillfully use his rising fame among seamens and interested investor to make him unavoidable for the newcoming political powers. Hence the well know citation "La république a besoin de marins" ("The Republic need sailors")

He thus establish the "Compagnie des Indes Australes" in Brest the same year, chosing for his blue-ocean flag the compass emblem in reference to the only surviving ship of the expedition "La Boussole".

The company easily gained investor and was pretty prosperous in the first years, but suffered heavily from the Terreur, who made his own founder eventually flee France, before the final Napoleonian integration within the Empire.

-Name : Compagnie des Indes Australes
-1790-1800
-Industry : Trade with east Asia and Pacific
-Owner : Jean-François de Galaup, comte de La pérousse (later Jean-François Galaup)
-Headquartersf : Brest

And the flag (my first challenge :eek: ) :

954107drapc.png

Last edited:
Companies flying the flag: Trans-Oceanic Cable Company (established 1884*) and Trans-Pacific Cable Company (established 1898*), both subsidiaries of Allied Telegraphy Corporation*

*= Bought out by Global Tele-Communications Corporation in 1935

Industry: Oceanic telegraphy

Owners: Charles Matchett (1884-1919); Chester Arthur (1884-1891); Thomas Cranston, Jr. (1884-1913) and William Matchett (1919-1933)

Headquarters: New York City, New York, U.S.A.

Flag flown: 1898-1933

transocianic telegraphy.png