Weekly Flag Challenge: Discussion & Entries

Here is my quick entry.
I don't think that there is much to describe here so I will not do it.

EDIT: I decided to slightly modify the colors.

repchinsml5.png

Last edited:
how big is this Chinese Republic?...all of it at the time, or only the southern parts?...
also do you mean we cant use the same styled panlong (means coiled dragon) as the Qing, ie. its angle, horizontal position, etc, or no panlong at all?...cos that excludes any coiled serpent type dragon images, which pretty much is the chinese styled dragon

Last edited:
how big is this Chinese Republic?...all of it at the time, or only the southern parts?...

At the time of the flag's creation, the Republic only controlled the south. But they definitely saw themselves as the legitimate ruler of all former Qing, and this would gradually become a reality because the Eight Nation Alliance could not stay in China forever.

also do you mean we cant use the same styled panlong (means coiled dragon) as the Qing, ie. its angle, horizontal position, etc, or no panlong at all?...cos that excludes any coiled serpent type dragon images, which pretty much is the chinese styled dragon

What I actually meant:
Please don't copy and paste the Qing dragon onto a different background and call it your design.
Use of the same dragon species is fine, but please use another artist's drawing.

Last edited:
1900 was seen by many as the dawn of a new, futurist and scientific age. So my Chinese Republic is not based on looking back but looking forward (though one may argue about which way the dragon head is facing) and is a proto-fascism state.

2yvnolj.png

That's got t be one of the closest contests we've had - 2 on 9 and 2 on 8.

I've won a couple of times before, so I'm happy for Iconoclast to put forward the new challenge.