No doubt. Also mongolian two-humped camels and tibetan yaks can be introduced with many advantages, but, of course, significantly later.

Also Goats will be wanted when learned about since most adapted for mountain environments thanks to being descended from Ibex. Wonder if these new sources of food will help the populations of the Tawantisuyu rebound after all the bouts of plague.

I've heard (from unreliable sources) that the Tawantinsuyu mountain roads were built for llamas and were thus staircases, while european horses preferred ramps and HATED the Tawatinsuyu road network. Is there any truth to that

Music of Tawantinsuyu

Pay attention that practically all the Andean music played without strings instruments, only on flutes and drums, has pre-Hispanic origins and sounds almost exactly as 500 years ago. String instruments are introduced by spaniards, but thanks to the creative talent of the peoples of the Andes they were able not only to master these instruments deeply but create such peculiar, purely indigenous instruments as the charango and the Andean harp.

Andes people created a lot of original genres with firmly established different melodic and rhythmic structures. Practically all the traditional Andean music is ritual and the performance of certain genres is tied to the agricultural calendar. Since pre-Hispanic times, only the religious addressing of genres, from ancient gods to Catholic saints, has changed.

The whole life of Tawantinsuyu inhabitants was surrounded and impregnated with music. Music sounded not only on holidays, but also on weekdays. Peasants, artisans, builders, weavers, seamstresses did all the work with special songs. And, of course, songs and dances were an ideal way to express loveful feelings. Incas considered the dissemination of the musical culture a task of national importance.

1. Bolivia Manta. Their albums is an encyclopedia of Andean folklore, these dances and songs are collected in different parts of Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador, and the majority of tracks are authentical performance of traditional rural music.
All albums are highly recommended except Auki Pacha.

2. Musica Andina, Achachillanakaru album. Mostly rural music. Some songs directly mention Tawantinsuyu.

3. Ecuador (various artists), Jatun Cayambe album. Ecuadorian music, some tracks recorded with Juan Cayambe, native harpist.

4. Inkuyo, if you want to hear something more familiar to the western ear. A bit of academic sound with subtle arrangements. Native melodies alternate with nice personal compositions of Gonzalo Vargas. Recommended albums:
Land of the Incas
Temple of the Sun
The Double-Headed Serpent
Art from Sacred Landscapes

5. Manuelcha Prado, Guitarra Indigena album. Inimitable guitarist from Ayacucho, Peru, singing ayacuchan dialect if Quechua. Very melancholically.

To be continued...

Last edited:
I've heard (from unreliable sources) that the Tawantinsuyu mountain roads were built for llamas and were thus staircases, while european horses preferred ramps and HATED the Tawatinsuyu road network. Is there any truth to that
I went to Google, entered "inca roads", explored images and saw mostly quite smooth roads. But this is just my impression, it would be necessary to know horses' consideration.

Also Goats will be wanted when learned about since most adapted for mountain environments thanks to being descended from Ibex. Wonder if these new sources of food will help the populations of the Tawantisuyu rebound after all the bouts of plague.

The problem are that the Andean people had one of the best agricultural packet for their environment, I don't see much to improve.

Well. If they share culinary inspiration with Peruvians, they're going to make some dope food thanks to it :^)
Oh not a doubt at all about that! Nutritionally and technically though, I wonder how advantageous its adoption will be. The Mapuche in the River Plate basin on the other hand are going to benefit tremendously from the introduction of Eurasian crops.

Oh not a doubt at all about that! Nutritionally and technically though, I wonder how advantageous its adoption will be. The Mapuche in the River Plate basin on the other hand are going to benefit tremendously from the introduction of Eurasian crops.
Yes the Mapuche will get major benefits from European crops. The Andeans on the other hand will not, they're going to have massive food surpluses for 10 generations. A interesting aspect are with other Europeans interact with Incas, we may see a earlier spread of potatoes in Europe, but we also see a spread of the other Andean crops and livestocks. Quinoa being introduced to 16th century Europe could be pretty revolutionary, while Guinea pigs could outcompete rabbits as micro livestock in Northern Europe.

I'm almost more interested in the Mapuche subplot than the main one. The Mapuche were some of the fiercest fighters in the New World, resisting Inca and Spanish conquest for centuries. Now they are spreading into one of the best areas of farmland in the world.

I'm almost more interested in the Mapuche subplot than the main one. The Mapuche were some of the fiercest fighters in the New World, resisting Inca and Spanish conquest for centuries. Now they are spreading into one of the best areas of farmland in the world.
And a surviving Mapuche entity means a thoroughly indigenous Patagonia, as the southernmost tribes (the Ona and the Patacon) will be spared the worst of it.

The Southern Cone will be unrecognizable, with probably everything between the Paraná River and the Andes very sparsely populated by European settlers (at least in the beginning). Uruguay* will probably become far more important, with the added benefit that Montevideo is actually a naturally better port.

And a surviving Mapuche entity means a thoroughly indigenous Patagonia, as the southernmost tribes (the Ona and the Patacon) will be spared the worst of it.

The Southern Cone will be unrecognizable, with probably everything between the Paraná River and the Andes very sparsely populated by European settlers (at least in the beginning). Uruguay* will probably become far more important, with the added benefit that Montevideo is actually a naturally better port.

Here's a thought: Mapuche as a destination for Jewish refugees. If the Mapuche establish peaceful relations with even some of the Europeans, and don't adopt a hardened xenophobia, Jews fleeing Spanish persecution might find refuge there rather than in New Amsterdam.

This is probably the case, considering they were only conquered in the nineteenth century IOTL.

Here's a thought: Mapuche as a destination for Jewish refugees. If the Mapuche establish peaceful relations with even some of the Europeans, and don't adopt a hardened xenophobia, Jews fleeing Spanish persecution might find refuge there rather than in New Amsterdam.
Well, the draw of New Amsterdam was pretty clear: an identifiably European colony far away from religious persecution. I don't think there's anything in Patagonia to attract them, and while xenophobia isn't necessarily likely, Jewish refugees would stand out all the same.

This is probably the case, considering they were only conquered in the nineteenth century IOTL.
Indeed; they'll likely become tributaries of the Mapuche as well.

If they know about it, the Mapuche aren't draconian against them, and know how to get there, there'll be a few at least. Jews fleeing the expulsions ended up on literally every region on earth known to Europe and even some hardly known (example: the community of India even received refugees)

The possible interactions between non-anus Jews and Amerindian states and tribes are fascinating indeed, and I can garuntee you'll see them in my TL *gestures towards sig*