The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

I noticed it quite some time ago, always thought it was a layover from the USSR
Yea that was an accidental layover from the USSR, and I need to get around to going through and making sure I got rid of it on all the maps. I've noticed it here and there.

sISLCr2.png

How do I avoid this? Used lasso tool, then quick select for selections, then first hit backspace/enter and later paint bucket tool with no luck. I always get this weird under/over correction of my original selection.

How do I avoid this? Used lasso tool, then quick select for selections, then first hit backspace/enter and later paint bucket tool with no luck. I always get this weird under/over correction of my original selection.
Make sure that every tool you are using doesn't have anti-aliasing on. I generally don't use the backspace fill, either, as paintbucket (or just selection + super big brush) works just as well, and backspace can do weird stuff sometimes.

Make sure that every tool you are using doesn't have anti-aliasing on. I generally don't use the backspace fill, either, as paintbucket (or just selection + super big brush) works just as well, and backspace can do weird stuff sometimes.

I've only used Paint.net. Do you have to turn off antialiasing in photoshop for every tool?

I've only used Paint.net. Do you have to turn off antialiasing in photoshop for every tool?
I'd just double check to make sure it's off on everything; Anti-aliasing is great for other projects like photo editing and stuff like that, but for pixel based maps like the WorldA, QBam, and most AH.com base maps, it's a disaster! Antialising is essentially a process that smooths jagged edges by applying slight gradients around them; in pixel based maps, that's what gives you fuzzy borders that make editing an absolute nightmare. I'm fairly sure Paint.net has the option as well, so I'd make sure it's disabled.

And by every tool, I primarily mean the pencil tool (NEVER USE THE BRUSH TOOL FOR PIXEL MAPS), Fill bucket, and every selection tool (lasso, wand, box, etc).

I'd just double check to make sure it's off on everything; Anti-aliasing is great for other projects like photo editing and stuff like that, but for pixel based maps like the WorldA, QBam, and most AH.com base maps, it's a disaster! Antialising is essentially a process that smooths jagged edges by applying slight gradients around them; in pixel based maps, that's what gives you fuzzy borders that make editing an absolute nightmare. I'm fairly sure Paint.net has the option as well, so I'd make sure it's disabled.

And by every tool, I primarily mean the pencil tool (NEVER USE THE BRUSH TOOL FOR PIXEL MAPS), Fill bucket, and every selection tool (lasso, wand, box, etc).

Thought I fixed it and then realized I didn't, this is becoming enraging. I turned off all feathering and it's still not working, no matter if I use backspace/enter, paintbucket, or the pencil tool. It seems as if the selection is doing jack sh*t. Below is what happens if I use the paint bucket tool. Below that are two pics of Tasmania, the first has the selection all around (for some reason it doesn't pick up on the screenshot) and afterwards is after I try to correct the "underfilling" with the pencil tool. It simply goes over the section.
IHRiwWM.png

PhoaH4j.png

gGXZ3K5.png

What does the Photoshop version yu are using cost? Is it a free version, or did you pay for it?
Paid. Its the second to latest version.

November 22nd, 2018 (Happy thanksgiving!):
- Added revisd 500, 710, 814, and 843 maps.
- (476) Revised Indian, East Asian, African borders

(I'm not the OP)

What about using the brush tool set to a size of 1?

Thought I fixed it and then realized I didn't, this is becoming enraging. I turned off all feathering and it's still not working, no matter if I use backspace/enter, paintbucket, or the pencil tool. It seems as if the selection is doing jack sh*t. Below is what happens if I use the paint bucket tool. Below that are two pics of Tasmania, the first has the selection all around (for some reason it doesn't pick up on the screenshot) and afterwards is after I try to correct the "underfilling" with the pencil tool. It simply goes over the section.
IHRiwWM.png

PhoaH4j.png

gGXZ3K5.png

Paid. Its the second to latest version.
Do you have your tolerance set to 0%? Does PS even have a tolerance bar?

Do you have your tolerance set to 0%? Does PS even have a tolerance bar?
Not sure where to find that but I think I have narrowed down the problem. There seems to be an issue with quick-select. When I use the magic wand and pencil tool, it neatly and homogeneously applies the color, but with the quick select it goes over as in previous examples, doesn't color everything in fully, and even every other click of the pencil shades in with the secondary color!!!
pYX51pD.png

PX4CM8B.png

Still no idea whats causing this

November 25nd, 2018:
- Added revised 900 & 1648 maps. (Big thanks to Gwrtheyrn Annwn for their work ages ago on this - I'll be adding their other two maps soon(tm)
- Minor fixes to 843.

New York should be controlled by the Dutch in 1648. The Swedes should have some pixels in New Jersey. The English did not have colonies in the Carolinas and Georgia. The French didn't really claim Louisiana yet and Newfoundland was contested between France and England. Also I think the Iroquois should be shown since this is when they started expanding across the Ohio Valley.

Last edited: