The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

Also the original moon map is here, originally posted by user Golbolco back in 2016. In fact in the other stickied thread "Alternate Planets, Suns, Stars, and Solar Systems Thread" they got the whole solar system

EWDF8M3.png

Last edited:
November 3rd, 2018:
- Added 100 AD
- (1, 200) Revised Central Asia
- (117, 150, 250, 300, 350, 400, 500) Marked as deprecated.

November 13th, 2018:
- Re-added revised 250 and 500 maps
- (476, 565, 710) Revised borders around tibet
- Added updated 650 map

I noticed something: Since the border between Papua New Guinea and Indonesia is a Meridian, shouldn't it be a curve rather than a straight line?

I noticed something: Since the border between Papua New Guinea and Indonesia is a Meridian, shouldn't it be a curve rather than a straight line?
It is a small area, so maybe the distortion isn't visible at the map's resolution?

No, seriously though, I think you just broke the worlda.

Sample.png
I've overlayed the map with the Latitude and Longitude map, and you can see there's a slight curve both to the left and to the right of it...

I'm working on a small Africa patch for 1914, here's the progress so far:
upload_2018-11-13_16-47-11.png

Dervish state is a really big if, but afterwards I'll put in some tribes in Angola and stuff (courtesy of Omniatlas), then I'll post it here

Finished my 1914 Africa patch!
upload_2018-11-13_20-31-0.png

Added inclusions:
*Walvis Bay (under South African administration)
*Dervish State (showed in Somali colors)
*Anti-forced labor protests under Catholic Kongo chief Alvaro Buta (shown as a red-outlined DRC color)
*Lunda and Dembo peoples (shown under Portuguese dependence)
*Chokwe Kingdom (shown in grey within Angola - the Chokwe had no contact with the Portuguese until the 1930s)
*Turkana peoples (shown in grey within Anglo-Egyptian Sudan and Uganda - the Turkana actively resisted British colonization)
*Gambela (leased to Anglo-Egyptian Sudan by Ethiopia)
What could be added, though would be rather hard:
*Just, all the land that wasn't settled. There's just so much.
*Senussi land and activity - it changed depending on when in 1914 the map occurs, as they were minor participants against Italy in Libya and England in Egypt, as well as owning land in French West Africa.
*Darfur's disputed border between England and France
Removed:
*The Vatican
--
SOURCES:
https://omniatlas.com/maps/sub-saharan-africa/19140804/
https://omniatlas.com/maps/europe/19140804/
and Wikipedia articles on various African tribes

Finished my 1914 Africa patch!
View attachment 420508
Added inclusions:
*Walvis Bay (under South African administration)
*Dervish State (showed in Somali colors)
*Anti-forced labor protests under Catholic Kongo chief Alvaro Buta (shown as a red-outlined DRC color)
*Lunda and Dembo peoples (shown under Portuguese dependence)
*Chokwe Kingdom (shown in grey within Angola - the Chokwe had no contact with the Portuguese until the 1930s)
*Turkana peoples (shown in grey within Anglo-Egyptian Sudan and Uganda - the Turkana actively resisted British colonization)
*Gambela (leased to Anglo-Egyptian Sudan by Ethiopia)
What could be added, though would be rather hard:
*Senussi land and activity - it changed depending on when in 1914 the map occurs, as they were minor participants against Italy in Libya and England in Egypt, as well as owning land in French West Africa.
*Darfur's disputed border between England and France
Removed:
*The Vatican
--
SOURCES:
https://omniatlas.com/maps/sub-saharan-africa/19140804/
https://omniatlas.com/maps/europe/19140804/
and Wikipedia articles on various African tribes
Another issue is the lack of an official Omniatlas map for Northern Africa. It exists as a file, but isn’t an atlas yet. This makes mapping the Senussi and the unsettled territory in the Sahara difficult, although this might help (from the Wikipedia article on French Algeria):

upload_2018-11-13_20-51-0.png

I know it's a pain, but to show it on the map could change the way the Colonial Era is perceived. So far I tended to see 1914 as "the year when the world was fully settled*... and then the war".
But patches of unsettled land would show how flimsy a control all those colonial empires actually had.

*Arabian desert set aside.