The Great Crusade (Reds! Part 3)

Maybe they went the route of John Dellinger, and became crime busters instead of robbers.

Or they, like Al Capone and probably countless other criminals in the post-revolutionary period, were probably victims of the secret police.

It would be cool if they fought in the WFRA.

It would be cool if they fought in the WFRA.

I just pictured Clyde driving a beat up 1929 Dodge pickup while Bonnie is hammering away White troops with a machine gun turret in the truck bed and she's shouting "IT'S ON BASTARDS" and Clyde's thinking "I'm the luckiest guy on Earth"

I just pictured Clyde driving a beat up 1929 Dodge pickup while Bonnie is hammering away White troops with a machine gun turret in the truck bed and she's shouting "IT'S ON BASTARDS" and Clyde's thinking "I'm the luckiest guy on Earth"
If nothing else, good propaganda.

Maybe they went the route of John Dellinger, and became crime busters instead of robbers.

Or they, like Al Capone and probably countless other criminals in the post-revolutionary period, were probably victims of the secret police.
Another possibility could be that the Barrow gang sees the Civil War as an opportunity to lay low/disappear and takes advantage of that.

I wonder if Bonnie and Clyde would be as well known ITTL. It seems like the outbreak of the Civil War would butterfly a good deal of their activities in 1933-34. For instance, it seems possible there wouldn't be the raid of the Joplin apartment the gang briefly rented, which led to the discovery of undeveloped pictures of the couple that would play a significant role in their fame in OTL.

Another possibility could be that the Barrow gang sees the Civil War as an opportunity to lay low/disappear and takes advantage of that.

I wonder if Bonnie and Clyde would be as well known ITTL. It seems like the outbreak of the Civil War would butterfly a good deal of their activities in 1933-34. For instance, it seems possible there wouldn't be the raid of the Joplin apartment the gang briefly rented, which led to the discovery of undeveloped pictures of the couple that would play a significant role in their fame in OTL.
I remember a quote, I believe Michael Albert referenced it in his memoir Remembering Tomorrow, something a leader in the historical Black Panther Party told him during their hey day, that "Many of us went from pushing dope to pushing The Little Red Book, and we do it in much the same way." (I could be misremembering the source though).

I think this is instructive, and it's something often overlooked. Many people from the marginal sections of the working class are often the first people radicalized. They also live in precarious situations that often mean a life of crime. Though obviously not every criminal from OTL is going to turn out to be a revolutionary ITTL. Clyde Barrow might have been the sort of person to go into the Texas prison system for petty crime ITTL and leave preaching State and Revolution in 1932. It's also highly unlikely he'd end up meeting Bonnie in similar circumstances to OTL.

I remember a quote, I believe Michael Albert referenced it in his memoir Remembering Tomorrow, something a leader in the historical Black Panther Party told him during their hey day, that "Many of us went from pushing dope to pushing The Little Red Book, and we do it in much the same way." (I could be misremembering the source though).

I think this is instructive, and it's something often overlooked. Many people from the marginal sections of the working class are often the first people radicalized. They also live in precarious situations that often mean a life of crime. Though obviously not every criminal from OTL is going to turn out to be a revolutionary ITTL. Clyde Barrow might have been the sort of person to go into the Texas prison system for petty crime ITTL and leave preaching State and Revolution in 1932. It's also highly unlikely he'd end up meeting Bonnie in similar circumstances to OTL.

But on the other hand, "Bonnie and Clyde: Heroes of the Revolution" sounds fucking badass.