The Great Crusade (Reds! Part 3)

The Japanese managed to land at Ceylon and Madagascar in Petainist hands?
The Japanese always wanted to land at Ceylon.

It was just that the Indian ocean raid didn't sink as many ships as they hoped it would.

Madagascar was also in Vichy hands OTL.

There's a brief and shortlived attempt by some vainglorious Boers hoping to spark a widespread uprising when they catch wind that the commonwealth will be fighting with rather than against the Communists. It is a short lived affair not supported by the majority of the boers and gets them shitcanned pretty quickly too.

Last edited:
Want doesn't mean they could though.I read a thread here about their logistical concerns.

What are the latest tanks the Entente using and their closest OTL equivalents?

Want doesn't mean they could though.I read a thread here about their logistical concerns.

What are the latest tanks the Entente using and their closest OTL equivalents?

Britain adopted the Fuller doctrine regarding tank and armoured vehicle design (One chassis of Armoured Car, Light, Medium, and Heavy Tanks and one chassis of Universal carrier. These would be converted into other kinds of vehicles as needed and would support basically Blitzkrieg esque tactics as a means of dealing with America in a future world war) so their tanks are rather different from OTL.

Pre-war: Chimera and Custodian.

The Chimera's basically a vehicle that has Matilda esque armour at the front but a more cromwell esque gun with the option to fit a 4 inch howitzer to make things go boom. (Side and rear armour is of course more vulnerable than the Matilda by a good deal.) It's rather slower than basically anyone else's medium tank which is regarded as a weakness. But it was well defended enough to scare the Comintern into adopting the 57mm as its standard tank gun. Well; it and its older matilda and valentine siblings anyway.

The Custodian is basically a Churchill VII with a turret more capable of fitting larger caliber guns and a meatier engine so it can go rather less frustratingly slowly (up to 25 km/h); it still has those goofy enormous tracks to let it basically handle any turrain. They can also fit 165mm demolisher cannons when they need a derp gun.

By the time Britain enters though they've moved onto the Carnifex and the Cairn.

The Carnifex is like the in between state of the Comet and the Cromwell and is well regarded for fantastic mobility and great gun depression.

The Cairn is rather akin to a lower tech Conqueror tank; like you made the Conqueror and the Churchill have a baby; made to fit a 5 inch gun. The intention behind the Cairn is to put something on the field that outmatches any tank in the world in terms of firepower and with that 120mm gun they've done pretty good at that.

They also have the Chameleon light tank and a pre-war light tank I've forgotten the name of.

The Chameleon is rather akin to the Cruiser V.

French vehicles:

The French by 1942 manage to roll out a vehicle based on this beauty: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:F11_Renault_G1R as their primary medium tank.

Their main heavy tank is rather ARL 44 esque whose main virtue are the incredible guns it can carry (either a 105mm gun with a significant amount of punch or a 90mm gun with truly world class penetration; the best of any heavy tank gun in the world until the Cairn arrives on the scene and they've got a light tank somewhat similar to the ELC AMX design going around; though the gun is rather smaller and it has a fully traversible turret.

While many end up serving Petain; De Gaulle and LeClerc's tank formations manage to escape to serve the Entente military among others.

Last edited:
What gun the Carnifex use?17pdr?
Obviously it has a spacefolding gun that can launch up to 20 Tyranid carnifexes every minute making it the deadliest weapon ever utilized in human warfare. :p

The preferred gun should be in that caliber range though of course. Though there's good arguments for the 20 lber (more HE for one.)

Last edited:
Obviously it shoots Tyranid carnifexes making it the deadliest weapon ever utilized in human warfare. :p

The preferred gun should be in that caliber range though of course. Though there's good arguments for the 20 lber (more HE for one.)

Honestly the Brits giving their tanks such spooky names is kinda weird considering what they name their tanks IOTL.

Honestly the Brits giving their tanks such spooky names is kinda weird considering what they name their tanks IOTL.
Their naming scheme seems to be "impressive sounding things that begin with the letter C."

The Centurion equivalent is named the Camelot, with the Caernarvon equivalent being the Chamberlain.

The Chieftan and Conqueror equivalents are the Chancellor and the Chevalier.

Then the Challenger equivalent is quite simply the Chasseur.

The Challenger II is the Curaisseur.

And the newest FBU tank is the Champion; a 90 tonne behemoth of an MBT with a massive main gun and almost absurd armour as well as a big throaty engine to keep it going quickly anyway (as long as you're okay with the awful mileage even with a Race Landcruiser style hybrid engine.)

The smaller Rama and Caxias tanks serve as the main MBT for India and Brazil though; and is often used in secondary echelons in the modern ECF military.

Last edited:
Nice update on the maps I like it.

I've been thinking about China for a while because I really hate having my homeland in the shitter.

China would most likely at first be ruled by joint Nationalist-Communist control after the war. Though eventually the Nationalists try to take control and the Comintern decide to fully support the Communists. I do see the Comintern trying to influence the Chinese government to develop a better version of communism, tackle corruption, and develop a well-functioning democracy. Mongolia most likely remains an independent nation though I wonder about Xinjiang and Tibet. They may be added back to China just so that it can prevent the FBU from having control. I wonder if Mongolia might have a similar fate.

Their naming scheme seems to be "impressive sounding things that begin with the letter C."

Yeah but Chimera and Carnifex are far cry from Centurion,Chevalier or Cuirassier XD

So the Carnifex with 20pdr looks like the OTL Charioteer.

Speaking of Centurion,do the Camelot see action in the last days of WW2,preferably with a L7 equivalent gun?

Nice update on the maps I like it.

I've been thinking about China for a while because I really hate having my homeland in the shitter.

China would most likely at first be ruled by joint Nationalist-Communist control after the war. Though eventually the Nationalists try to take control and the Comintern decide to fully support the Communists. I do see the Comintern trying to influence the Chinese government to develop a better version of communism, tackle corruption, and develop a well-functioning democracy. Mongolia most likely remains an independent nation though I wonder about Xinjiang and Tibet. They may be added back to China just so that it can prevent the FBU from having control. I wonder if Mongolia might have a similar fate.
Well Chiang Kai Shek decides to betray China along with many of the more rightist warlords as UASR meddling in KMT politics sees Wang Jingwei's star ascending and his star falling until he decides that if it's a question of Japan or the Communists; at least the Japanese might let him be the leader of something. So the main obstacle to a KMT and CCP alliance is gone as Wang Jingwei's leftist faction in the KMT makes a pact with the CCP and the warlords who are sticking with the Chinese United Front; allowing them to fight as a single unit.

It does mean that the second sino-japanese war is even nastier as it's basically also the 1945-1949 civil war too.

Well Chiang Kai Shek decides to betray China along with many of the more rightist warlords as UASR meddling in KMT politics sees Wang Jingwei's star ascending and his star falling until he decides that if it's a question of Japan or the Communists; at least the Japanese might let him be the leader of something. So the main obstacle to a KMT and CCP alliance is gone as Wang Jingwei's leftist faction in the KMT makes a pact with the CCP and the warlords who are sticking with the Chinese United Front; allowing them to fight as a single unit.

It does mean that the second sino-japanese war is even nastier as it's basically also the 1945-1949 civil war too.

So the warlords are going to all the with them? I'm not sure if either side would stoop so low to do that. I'd see the Communist-Nationalist feud after the war. I'd definitely like the see the UASR boot the Nationalists out of power and have the Communists in power so as long they don't do a crappy performance and do a much better job.

So the warlords are going to all the with them? I'm not sure if either side would stoop so low to do that. I'd see the Communist-Nationalist feud after the war. I'd definitely like the see the UASR boot the Nationalists out of power and have the Communists in power so as long they don't do a crappy performance and do a much better job.
Wang Jingwei OTL betrayed China to Japan because he was politically isolated with nowhere to go if he wanted any power at all.

TTL it's Chiang Kai Shek who's finding himself isolated as the Americans and Soviets deliberately ignore him during meetings; heading straight for the leftist KMT members, send all their money and guns to leftist KMT leaders and sometimes outright act like he doesn't exist. The Soviets did this to some extent in the 20s TTL, but the Americans have really stepped it up. Despised by the UASR for his bloody purge of communists, he has nowhere to go, no one to support him, and he's been sidelined in his own party by Wang Jingwei's leftist faction of the Kuomintang and has come to believe that the USSR and UASR have tried to assassinate him on multiple occasions. So and the other right wingers in the KMT and the other intractably anti-communist warlords in China turn to Japan.

On the Comintern side are the Communist Party of China, the leftist faction of the Kuomintang, and those warlords who see Japan as the greater enemy.

The Centurion equivalent is named the Camelot, with the Caernarvon equivalent being the Chamberlain.

The Chieftan and Conqueror equivalents are the Chancellor and the Chevalier.

Then the Challenger equivalent is quite simply the Chasseur.

The Challenger II is the Curaisseur.

And the newest FBU tank is the Champion; a 90 tonne behemoth of an MBT with a massive main gun and almost absurd armour as well as a big throaty engine to keep it going quickly anyway (as long as you're okay with the awful mileage even with a Race Landcruiser style hybrid engine.)

The smaller Rama and Caxias tanks serve as the main MBT for India and Brazil though; and is often used in secondary echelons in the modern ECF military.
Weren't the "C names" used for cruiser and similar tanks? What might be considered mediums or general purpose tanks (and later MBTs).

Weren't the "C names" used for cruiser and similar tanks? What might be considered mediums or general purpose tanks (and later MBTs).
The Cromwell, Churchill, Conqueror, Caernarvon, Comet, Centurion, Chieftan and Challenger have all had the C names. Britain seemed to settle into this naming scheme in the second world war.

The Chimera, Carnifex and Camelot are the medium tanks/MBT of Britain of the War era.

Yeah but Chimera and Carnifex are far cry from Centurion,Chevalier or Cuirassier XD

So the Carnifex with 20pdr looks like the OTL Charioteer.

Speaking of Centurion,do the Camelot see action in the last days of WW2,preferably with a L7 equivalent gun?
The Chimera got its name as a result of an off handed comment from an opponent of Fuller and co's new tank doctrine calling the tank a "Chimera" as it didn't really fit into the infantry or cruiser roles.

The Carnifex and Cairn are purely to sound spooky.

We might see some of the "Knights of Camelot" in action.

And if I could compose lyrics I'd definitely write a British tanker's march to match Panzerlied or the March of the Soviet Tankists meant to be sung to a tune and instrumentation suspiciously like this. You know, because it's awesome?

On tanks,are the Soviet tanks going to be redone?(Not to pressure you,just asking).Is the T-43 same with OTL or incorporated T-44 design elements?Also hoped for the T-54 to see the limelight in the war's final days.(Although,admittedly in 1945-46 they would worry more from Volksturm teens with Panzerfausts than enemy tanks.)

What are the short form of UASR?"American Union"?

Last edited:
Wang Jingwei OTL betrayed China to Japan because he was politically isolated with nowhere to go if he wanted any power at all.

TTL it's Chiang Kai Shek who's finding himself isolated as the Americans and Soviets deliberately ignore him during meetings; heading straight for the leftist KMT members, send all their money and guns to leftist KMT leaders and sometimes outright act like he doesn't exist. The Soviets did this to some extent in the 20s TTL, but the Americans have really stepped it up. Despised by the UASR for his bloody purge of communists, he has nowhere to go, no one to support him, and he's been sidelined in his own party by Wang Jingwei's leftist faction of the Kuomintang and has come to believe that the USSR and UASR have tried to assassinate him on multiple occasions. So and the other right wingers in the KMT and the other intractably anti-communist warlords in China turn to Japan.

On the Comintern side are the Communist Party of China, the leftist faction of the Kuomintang, and those warlords who see Japan as the greater enemy.

I see. Though I highly doubt the relationship between the warlords and the others would be smooth though.

So I'm curious, what happened to Bonnie and Clyde?
Maybe they went the route of John Dellinger, and became crime busters instead of robbers.

Or they, like Al Capone and probably countless other criminals in the post-revolutionary period, were probably victims of the secret police.