The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

After this fiasco I expect the Fascists will keep a closer eye on whatever is happening in Greece. The Reds on the Aegean is something they will dearly want to avoid.

On one hand, happy to the the Poles have not yet been crushed beneath the Soviet bootheel - may they remain free!

On the other, holy fuck, everytime I think Wallace has hit rock bottom, he proves me wrong. Is Truman going to be the only man in the Wallace White House not on the Soviet payroll?

On one hand, happy to the the Poles have not yet been crushed beneath the Soviet bootheel - may they remain free!

On the other, holy fuck, everytime I think Wallace has hit rock bottom, he proves me wrong. Is Truman going to be the only man in the Wallace White House not on the Soviet payroll?
When everything blow up, it will blow up to epic proportions.
I am pretty sure even the Soviet didn’t expect that to happen. Wallace has outdone himself.

This is making OTL's Russiagate look minor; Wallace is gonna be lucky not to the victim of a coup at this rate...

Impeachment seems more likely.

Where oh where has our Patton gone?

it’s estimated some eight percent of Hokkaido was murdered by the Communist government with a further twenty-five percent fleeing

So 33% of Hokkaido's population is gone? Dang. With the Ainu seeming to stay put, if they have a baby boom or something post war they could gain some great democratic dominance in the region.

Surprised Stalin has not set up Hokkaido as PR of Japan.

While Yakuza rising is a bad thing at the very least the situation is seeing Japan firmly unite against the Stalinists. Okay Mac, you talk a big game, show us if you can back it up here shogun.

Regarding Wallace and the Soviets, ever see the episode of Futurama where Amy buys a car from malfunctioning Eddy? Alas him going up from the sticker price will likely not make Stalin's head explode.

After this fiasco I expect the Fascists will keep a closer eye on whatever is happening in Greece. The Reds on the Aegean is something they will dearly want to avoid.

Is highly probable - after all Balbo in those fast-forward interviews said "we saved Greece from Communism".

You know it’d be funny, IMHO, if there was still a split between Stalin and Tito.
I don’t think that would be possible, since I believe Tito would be smart enough to realize that Stalin is the only reason why the Roman Alliance didn't wipe him out the second he got into power. I think it would be funnier if Tito pretty much became Stalin's bitch, since he's in a significantly weaker position ITTL than he was IOTL.

I don’t think that would be possible, since I believe Tito would be smart enough to realize that Stalin is the only reason why the Roman Alliance didn't wipe him out the second he got into power. I think it would be funnier if Tito pretty much became Stalin's bitch, since he's in a significantly weaker position ITTL than he was IOTL.

Tito may not survive long with Stalin's terror dialing up. With Tito's ancestry Stalin may decide he is some plant of the Croatian Fascists and purge him to be replaced with a patsy.

Serbia may end up a very militant poor society if they don't get much aid from the USSR, hating and distrusting their neighbors and lacking direct links to the East Block.

True, true. Heh, that is funnier.

Updated map from the previous one
rWcenlj.png

I don't know if this was already addressed, but what's going on with Oskar Schindler ITTL? Considering how he saved well over a 1,000 Jews from extermination by the Nazis, I think Mussolini might take an interest in this guy.

Think Tito will try rousing the Serbians in the territory the Hungarians kept to rebellion?

For Czechoslovakia might the Brotherhood in Czechia end up triggering a war there by guerilla attacks against the communists in Slovakia?

And where is Wingate now?

Dolan

Banned
You know what would be more ironic? Tito, being seen as the most harmless communists by Stalin, end up engaging him in dialogues of cominform philosophy, and become a writer on Communistic theories.

In short, Tito becoming ITTL Enver Hoxha, leader of a small country under siege mentality, but with his "maybe-not-so" ridiculous writings end up being major contributor to Communist Philosophy.

I don't know if this was already addressed, but what's going on with Oskar Schindler ITTL? Considering how he saved well over a 1,000 Jews from extermination by the Nazis, I think Mussolini might take an interest in this guy.

His fate was already mentioned. You can use the search function but TLDR, his Jews were liberated before the list came about so he remains rich and well remembered by his workers but he is nowhere close to famous.

@akoslows
"Schindler kept his fortune because he never had an opportunity to use it. The Jews under his control were liberated before the famous list ever existed. After a brief trial where testimony of his workers keeps him safe, he lives out the remainder of his life pleasantly. He eventually gets into the Righteous Among Nations exhibit of Yad Vashem for preserving his workers, though he is nowhere near as famous as OTL."