Status
Not open for further replies.
Any updates on the AO3 invitations? I know that it took around a day to receive mine, so there's probably a lot of traffic happening there currently...

This was an excellent timeline and the only Draka timeline that I could find that was completed. I have to ask in the final post you compared China to macedon, Draka to Sparta, and America to Athens what inspired you to make those comparisons, since they seem to fit pretty well.

Into the Fandom forum it goes then. Believe it or not but there's a significant amount of characters that arrived on Earth before First Contact (Guinan, Mestral, etc). Thanks!

Makes sense. Send me a PM when you start posting!

Any updates on the AO3 invitations? I know that it took around a day to receive mine, so there's probably a lot of traffic happening there currently...

Nothing yet, when I gave them my email they said to expect something by the 4th of next month.

I just realised that this video, as well as the music, fits in so much with the much more Americanized culture of Japan ITTL:

Oh, that's spot on. Good find!

This was an excellent timeline and the only Draka timeline that I could find that was completed. I have to ask in the final post you compared China to macedon, Draka to Sparta, and America to Athens what inspired you to make those comparisons, since they seem to fit pretty well.

Thank you!

I was wondering if anyone was ever going to comment on that- I invoked the Peloponnesian War a few times during the TL. America is Athens, a democratic naval power, Drakia is Sparta, an slavocratic land power. Sparta beat Athens briefly, but Spartan hegemony promptly collapsed and infighting between the Greek cities opened the way for the rise of the Kingdom of Macedon and ultimately Alexander the Great.

Makes sense. Send me a PM when you start posting!

Nothing yet, when I gave them my email they said to expect something by the 4th of next month.

Oh, that's spot on. Good find!

Thank you!

I was wondering if anyone was ever going to comment on that- I invoked the Peloponnesian War a few times during the TL. America is Athens, a democratic naval power, Drakia is Sparta, an slavocratic land power. Sparta beat Athens briefly, but Spartan hegemony promptly collapsed and infighting between the Greek cities opened the way for the rise of the Kingdom of Macedon and ultimately Alexander the Great.
Would you say China also works as Macedon because it is democratic to an extent. Macedon from my understanding had a similar culture and beliefs to the greeks even if they were "barbarians".

I just also vaguely remembered Singapore being American since the 50's. Isn't it so?

Anyways, more Japanese propaganda in the 50's and 60's. Well, I have no love for their ideals, but the Japanese being so Americanised just make these types of videos so applicable with this timeline.

For all their saber-rattling and dismissal of America IOTL, they loved Sousa for sure.

Last edited:
Would you say China also works as Macedon because it is democratic to an extent. Macedon from my understanding had a similar culture and beliefs to the greeks even if they were "barbarians".
I always thought Macedonians were full Greeks who were part of the Northwestern dialect, but 1) considered militaristic bumpkins, 2) had a large contiguous territory and somewhat different government vs the small city-states to their south, and 3) some foreign influences from their non-ethnically-related neighbors (Thracians, eh). Kind of reminds me of the Prussians that united Germany, thinking on it, as a "border state" of the shared ethnic group they were part of and not usually a power player till all the traditional ones got exhausted.

Rolling it back to the question? I'd see that too, thinking on it. America probably would end up well-off not just because it's obviously on the road to unification but if it did influence China in ideals, well, it's probably safe in the long run from any real Chinese pressure on it the way no one would rough up Athens due to its fame and fortunes.

I always thought Macedonians were full Greeks who were part of the Northwestern dialect, but 1) considered militaristic bumpkins, 2) had a large contiguous territory and somewhat different government vs the small city-states to their south, and 3) some foreign influences from their non-ethnically-related neighbors (Thracians, eh). Kind of reminds me of the Prussians that united Germany, thinking on it, as a "border state" of the shared ethnic group they were part of and not usually a power player till all the traditional ones got exhausted.

Rolling it back to the question? I'd see that too, thinking on it. America probably would end up well-off not just because it's obviously on the road to unification but if it did influence China in ideals, well, it's probably safe in the long run from any real Chinese pressure on it the way no one would rough up Athens due to its fame and fortunes.
I thought the main greek tribes are ionians and dorians and the Macedonians aren't any of them. Also I'm pretty sure ancient Greeks saw them as "barbarians" which seems to indicate they weren't Greek but might have been Helenzied

I thought the main greek tribes are ionians and dorians and the Macedonians aren't any of them. Also I'm pretty sure ancient Greeks saw them as "barbarians" which seems to indicate they weren't Greek but might have been Helenzied
Northwestern dialect is Doric-based, and that seems to be the language they spoke. But even the city-states would routinely call each other barbarians as convenient, and I've noticed a recurring trend in Greek history we can have major Greek places, tribes, and cities that don't suck up all the historical narrative like Athens/Sparta/Thebes/Corinth were wont to do be ignored a lot of the time. Macedonians being perfectly Greek but not noticed much by the geographically-tiny city-states due to being their equivalent of the boonies always made sense to me.

Last edited:

The ancient Greeks could have been using minor differences in language to justify an existing disdain. (There was an existing disdain: The Macedonians lived in a large kingdom rather than a city-state.

Do you guys think a Hearts of Iron Mod based on this timeline could be fun?

I mean, I do. But I may be a tad biased. ;)

It's not that exact of an analogy.

I just also vaguely remembered Singapore being American since the 50's. Isn't it so?

Singapore was American from the end of the World War when the USA took it from Britain until the Great Pacific War, when the US lost it to Malaya. The Malays kept it until the Final War, when it broke away and succesfully asserted its independence during the chaos of the Stone Dogs.

Anyways, more Japanese propaganda in the 50's and 60's. Well, I have no love for their ideals, but the Japanese being so Americanised just make these types of videos so applicable with this timeline.

For all their saber-rattling and dismissal of America IOTL, they loved Sousa for sure.

Do have any more context for this? What do the lyrics mean?

Ouch, that's a long delay.

Anyways, I've been working on the narrative prelude to my TL. Mind if I post it here?
It has begun. Behold the Dragon's Legacy over Earth in the waning years before Vulcan First Contact. I don't know whether I'll ever finish this TL, or if I'll abandon it in the future, but hopefully, it can live up to your guy's expectations.

Link: The Dragon's Legacy; A Separated at Birth/Star Trek Crossover

Please don't post it here, but I'll definitely go and check your TL out over in its thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.