Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for everything! Can't wait to see what you do next!

No problem! I'm working on a sci fi novel called "The Space Pirate King" over on Sufficient Velocity. You can read it here; https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/the-space-pirate-king.66808/

Great! Any chance you could also made pdfs for some of your other TLs like the Generation Ship one you did?

If I can find the energy, sure. ;)

Great! But could you also upload it as whatever text, rtf, doc, whatever file you had it before making a pdf? Reading PDF files is on my EReader is a pain, since the text is "fixed" and can only be zoomed in or out, but not rearranged. Any file format that still has the "source" so to speak I could convert into Epub myself.

Sure, here it is in .docx; https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PNLHSXiP6KQAMOckkAsPyc9XqY60tVEi/view?usp=sharing

Speaking of Epub-friendlyness: Have you considered uploading your story to FanFic net as well so that people who aren't members here can access it? While "technically" an AH story I think it would also by enjoyed by SciFi fans in general

I haven't really, I'm not terribly familiar with FanFic.net. What's it like over there?

Wow, thanks for the gift EBR!

Maybe you can also upload this to SV for SV-only readers? But yeah I think this work is accessible to non-AH and non-SV readers so that's not going to be a problem except for them sharing their thoughts. :)

Done, I just posted the share link to the Google doc.

Thanks, mate! Really appreciate it!
(Also, 425 pages? We can turn this into a novel!)

NP! Alas, I suspect that S.M. Stirling is unlikely to grant me permission to publish.

Thanks for the pdf, Ephraim! :)

You're welcome!

Sort of surprised that the world tour at the end seemed to cover the Americas, Europe and Africa but didn't really deal with the Countries in Asia and Oceania other than China itself.

I mean the PDF file for SV readers, not that if there's a Separateverse TL on SV. I am also there so I am aware. But then again I saw EBR already posting the link there, so you probably just didn't link the correct page within SV.
Done, I just posted the share link to the Google doc.
This is what I mean, Evan. Thank you very much EBR! :)

Fanfiction.net is a fine site for me as well as A03, though the issue with Fanfiction is that there wouldn't be any pics and you cannot post links.

I haven't really, I'm not terribly familiar with FanFic.net. What's it like over there?
I would prefer it if you uploaded it to AO3, as pictures are not allowed on Fanfiction.net.
Gotta admit Scrivener is right. I hadn't thought of that. I usually prefer somone upload to fanfic, since there's several 3rd party sites that offer download+conversion to a bunch of different EReader formats for it, but the lack of picture support would be a shame for this story.

I usually prefer somone upload to fanfic, since there's several 3rd party sites that offer download+conversion to a bunch of different EReader formats for it, but the lack of picture support would be a shame for this story.
You can download AO3 stories in a variety of formats straight from the website itself; EPB, MOBI, etc. There's a lot of options on AO3.

I tried using my own MOBI conversion on my own Kindle E-Reader: the text formatting is all messed up, with links covering different topics, pictures being disjointed, and captions not showing up. I think something went wrong in my conversion process, and also most likely happened to the conversion process for my EPUB conversion. So that sucks.

I would recommend posting SaB on AO3 because they have conversion and download options for stories on there, and it's far less likely to produce formatting errors.

Sort of surprised that the world tour at the end seemed to cover the Americas, Europe and Africa but didn't really deal with the Countries in Asia and Oceania other than China itself.

Yeah, I was pretty exhausted by the end. I thought I talked about Asia outside of China though, it was just in the map key that I left it out?

This is what I mean, Evan. Thank you very much EBR! :)

You are very welcome!

Fanfiction.net is a fine site for me as well as A03, though the issue with Fanfiction is that there wouldn't be any pics and you cannot post links.

I would prefer it if you uploaded it to AO3, as pictures are not allowed on Fanfiction.net.

Gotta admit Scrivener is right. I hadn't thought of that. I usually prefer somone upload to fanfic, since there's several 3rd party sites that offer download+conversion to a bunch of different EReader formats for it, but the lack of picture support would be a shame for this story.

Alright, do you guys have a link to AO3?

Okay, I feel like I've visited there before. I asked for an invitation, when I get it I'll post the TL over there.
Remember to attach the proper tags to your story; there's an entire section of Draka fanfiction over on AO3 that would see a great addition from your timeline (mostly due to the fact that all the Draka fanfiction over there involve bad writing, off-kilter plots, unfinished fanfiction, and things that would make Stirling blush).

Remember to attach the proper tags to your story; there's an entire section of Draka fanfiction over on AO3 that would see a great addition from your timeline (mostly due to the fact that all the Draka fanfiction over there involve bad writing, off-kilter plots, unfinished fanfiction, and things that would make Stirling blush).

To be fair a lot of the Draka fanfiction here is that way. XD

What do you think I should rate it? "Teen and up" or "Mature"? I don't go into graphic usually, but this TL does have genocide, slavery, plus everything involving the Dragon's Nest...

To be fair a lot of the Draka fanfiction here is that way. XD

What do you think I should rate it? "Teen and up" or "Mature"? I don't go into graphic usually, but this TL does have genocide, slavery, plus everything involving the Dragon's Nest...
As for the synopsis, Wolf Hugeson's quote at the start could work for it.

What do you think I should rate it? "Teen and up" or "Mature"?
Teen and up.

Have you considered removing the dice interludes for the Last Crusade and the Stone Dogs? Their absence would really make new readers stand on the edge of their seats during the Final War.

Anyhow, I’m considering writing a spin-off/crossover for this timeline; while I have a Star Trek crossover worked out for the world after the Final War (Free China and America jointly develop warp drive, Russia manages to detonate an atomic bomb and becomes the third pole of power, Vulcan Rationalism begins to spread among humanity after the sheer brutality of the Final War, Drakia survives long enough to send out its equivalent of the Botany Bay which is a stolen spaceship), where should I post it? ASB or Fandom fourms?

same goes for another idea; the original WMIT crossed over with Vanilla Draka (Europe is split between American Britain/Scandinavia/France/Germany and the Domination, and America has annexed Siberia and all Pacific Islands. Both sides have developed equivalents to the Comp Plague and Stone Dogs; in fact, both sides have biological and computer weapons in development. India, China, and Indochina have all federalized to hunker down for the Final War.). Where would that be located?

And has anyone thought of doing a Draka analogue for Australia? Increasing the amount of crime in the UK and her colonies could see political prisoners, misfits, convicts, etc being deported to Australia, where it manages to conquer Indonesia, Malaysia, and French Indochina. We could see Japan and Australia battling it out for dominance in the Pacific.

Finally, how do you like my ideas? Would they work well?

Last edited:
Teen and up.

As for the synopsis, Wolf Hugeson's quote at the start could work for it.

Teen and up.

Yeah, that makes the most sense.

Have you considered removing the dice interludes for the Last Crusade and the Stone Dogs? Their absence would really make new readers stand on the edge of their seats during the Final War.

I'll think about it.

Anyhow, I’m considering writing a spin-off/crossover for this timeline; while I have a Star Trek crossover worked out for the world after the Final War (Free China and America jointly develop warp drive, Russia manages to detonate an atomic bomb and becomes the third pole of power, Vulcan Rationalism begins to spread among humanity after the sheer brutality of the Final War, Drakia survives long enough to send out its equivalent of the Botany Bay which is a stolen spaceship), where should I post it? ASB or Fandom fourms?

ASB. Unless you're directly incorporating characters from Star Trek then it's not directly fandom.

same goes for another idea; the original WMIT crossed over with Vanilla Draka (Europe is split between American Britain/Scandinavia/France/Germany and the Domination, and America has annexed Siberia and all Pacific Islands. Both sides have developed equivalents to the Comp Plague and Stone Dogs; in fact, both sides have biological and computer weapons in development. India, China, and Indochina have all federalized to hunker down for the Final War.). Where would that be located?

Again, it depends how closely you're drawing on the original source work.

And has anyone thought of doing a Draka analogue for Australia? Increasing the amount of crime in the UK and her colonies could see political prisoners, misfits, convicts, etc being deported to Australia, where it manages to conquer Indonesia, Malaysia, and French Indochina. We could see Japan and Australia battling it out for dominance in the Pacific.

It might actually be more plausible in some ways than having the Draka in South Africa.
Finally, how do you like my ideas? Would they work well?

I like the first one the best, and the third could be made to work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.