What would you like me to focus on for future chapters?

• History of the early West Baltic (1950s-60s)

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • History of the late West Baltic and modern Prussia (1980s-present)

Votes: 92 60.9%
  • Miscellaneous Information (please elaborate)

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Waifus. :3

Votes: 42 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once the iron curtain crumbles, how does Prussia begin influencing world history?

By exporting amber? Prussia would have a near monopoly on it, since the region's home to 90% of the world's amber deposits.

And, in the chapters set in the present day, Prussia seems to be quite closely aligned with the West, maybe even more so than neighbouring Poland. One of the TL's teenage characters, if I remember correctly, is a wannabe K-Pop idol, too; whenever K-Pop groups have foreign members, they come from countries like China, Japan or Thailand, where Korean media is very popular and profitable already: if a girl of Russian descent, who is not even Asian, is actually going to become a K-Pop idol, it must mean that modern Prussia, despite its small size, must be quite rich - record labels don't target markets where they won't turn a profit - and with significant ties to the Far East as well, because there haven't really been K-Pop idols from Poland or Lithuania.

That girl's probably going to experience one hell of a cultural shock, though: post-Soviet Prussia is a cosmopolitan society that seems to have embraced Western values wholeheartedly, while South Korea is a homogeneous society that, even though it isn't as conservative as the Kim dynasty's very own piece of Hell on Earth, is quite strait-laced and traditionalist, especially when it comes to women.

She's going to become a walking scandal, if she'll ever debut as a K-Pop idol. :p

Last edited:
By exporting amber? Prussia would have a near monopoly on it, since the region's home to 90% of the world's amber deposits.

And, in the chapters set in the present day, Prussia seems to be quite closely aligned with the West, maybe even more so than neighbouring Poland. One of the TL's teenage characters, if I remember correctly, is a wannabe K-Pop idol, too; whenever K-Pop groups have foreign members, they come from countries like China, Japan or Thailand, where Korean media is very popular and profitable already: if a girl of Russian descent, who is not even Asian, is actually going to become a K-Pop idol, it must mean that modern Prussia, despite its small size, must be quite rich - record labels don't target markets where they won't turn a profit - and with significant ties to the Far East as well, because there haven't really been K-Pop idols from Poland or Lithuania.

That girl's probably going to experience one hell of a cultural shock, though: post-Soviet Prussia is a cosmopolitan society that seems to have embraced Western values wholeheartedly, while South Korea is a homogeneous society that, even though it isn't as conservative as the Kim dynasty's very own piece of Hell on Earth, is quite strait-laced and traditionalist, especially when it comes to women.

She's going to become a walking scandal, if she'll ever debut as a K-Pop idol. :p

Well, Yana is partially Asian, and more of mixed blood than her cousins. Breaking it down, she's actually half-Mongol due to matrilineal descent. Anna, though, definitely has more Russian blood. :p

Last edited:

So Prussia is like the Dubai of the EU? What affect would that have on other major EU centers?

So Prussia is like the Dubai of the EU? What affect would that have on other major EU centers?

I'm not an economist so I can't give you a proper answer, but it definitely has benefits and drawbacks for each major EU center, and I assume it's more for the better.

I'm not an economist so I can't give you a proper answer, but it definitely has benefits and drawbacks for each major EU center, and I assume it's more for the better.

But you could elaborate on the butterflies that are flapping because of a bunch of Slavs have built a nation on the memories of their Teutonic predecessors.

But you could elaborate on the butterflies that are flapping because of a bunch of Slavs have built a nation on the memories of their Teutonic predecessors.

Let's see... The West Baltic started off as a massive social engineering project aimed at creating an 'international' city, but for various reasons, failed. Those that have lived in the West Baltic at that time went on to emigrate, or become influenced by Prussian revivalism (a movement aimed at celebrating Prussian intellectualism and philosophy). This went on to morph into secessionist sentiment and resulted in its independence. I won't go into detail here, but the next section on Germans will not only cover East German and Russo-German settlement in Prussia, but those that came after independence, those from West Germany, including the former Junker and White Emigre nobility.

For butterflies, it won't be much. Prussia is small, after all, and in the greater scale of things, won't really make the world much more differently than OTL. However, it would impact foreign policy in Europe, among other things, with Russia engaging in a tug of war with Europe for influence in Prussia. A Prussia in NATO means NATO strategy will change as well, easing NATO defensive strategy in the Baltics (i.e. Sulwalki Gap becomes much bigger) and making it harder for Russia to commit to its own defensive strategy (i.e. major warm-water port and industrial center now in American hands).

As for the Koreas and the general course of the early West Baltic, let's just say many of the changes have a lot to do with one woman:

Gw3tNEYl.png

Sara is probably the single biggest reason why Koryo-saram are disproportionately present and represented in Prussia compared to other post-Soviet countries. But that's a personal choice of mine, and in any other timeline, she probably wouldn't even exist. Her parents were anti-Japanese resistance fighters, which is pretty much a death sentence on most counts.

P.S: No, I'm not introducing head-chomping space aliens or sci-fi pilot suits. This isn't ASB. :p

Last edited:
Let's see... The West Baltic started off as a massive social engineering project aimed at creating an 'international' city, but for various reasons, failed. Those that have lived in the West Baltic at that time went on to emigrate, or become influenced by Prussian revivalism (a movement aimed at celebrating Prussian intellectualism and philosophy). This went on to morph into secessionist sentiment and resulted in its independence. I won't go into detail here, but the next section on Germans will not only cover East German and Russo-German settlement in Prussia, but those that came after independence, those from West Germany, including the former Junker and White Emigre nobility.

For butterflies, it won't be much. Prussia is small, after all, and in the greater scale of things, won't really make the world much more differently than OTL. However, it would impact foreign policy in Europe, among other things, with Russia engaging in a tug of war with Europe for influence in Prussia. A Prussia in NATO means NATO strategy will change as well, easing NATO defensive strategy in the Baltics (i.e. Sulwalki Gap becomes much bigger) and making it harder for Russia to commit to its own defensive strategy (i.e. major warm-water port and industrial center now in American hands).

As for the Koreas and the general course of the early West Baltic, let's just say many of the changes have a lot to do with one woman:

Gw3tNEYl.png

Sara is probably the single biggest reason why Koryo-saram are disproportionately present and represented in Prussia compared to other post-Soviet countries. But that's a personal choice of mine, and in any other timeline, she probably wouldn't even exist. Her parents were anti-Japanese resistance fighters, which is pretty much a death sentence on most counts.

P.S: No, I'm not introducing head-chomping space aliens or sci-fi pilot suits. This isn't ASB. :p

But certainly, the group of Russians happily enjoying the benefits of European integration ITTL would stick a craw in Putin's claims about "protecting Russian minorities".

But certainly, the group of Russians happily enjoying the benefits of European integration ITTL would stick a craw in Putin's claims about "protecting Russian minorities".

Definitely (though it varies from person to person). It's also the No.1 go-to destination for Baltic Russians. :3

He protected statues from the Taliban
He's fought a Tuvan warlord cultist for a mummy
Now... he's going to one of the most repressive dictatorships on Earth
And he's not taking 'no' for an answer!

The man whose name succeedes the Mad Baron himself!

umA4xNS.jpg

RELIC HUNTER SHURA and the Hunt for Kim Il-Sung

COMING SOON

He protected statues from the Taliban
He's fought a Tuvan warlord cultist for a mummy
Now... he's going to one of the most repressive dictatorships on Earth
And he's not taking 'no' for an answer!

The man whose name succeedes the Mad Baron himself!

umA4xNS.jpg

RELIC HUNTER SHURA and the Hunt for Kim Il-Sung

COMING SOON
It has Action movie feel..

Update: Still writing the omake, and I have several drafts for my post on the Germans. Just to ask, what do you guys want to find out on the next two posts? I plan on expanding on not just Arnhild's story and DDR plans, but also on Ludmilla's family, the Ungern-Sternbergs. :3

Chapter 6-1
I know I promised an omake, but I already have drafts for the main post around, and I don't have the omake ready, so here. :/

Swissôtel Kaiserhof, Kyonigsberg, Kyonigsbergskaya Stolitsa (Kyonigsberg Capital City)
Night, 30th January, 2016 C.E.

68936768.jpg

The Swissôtel Kaiserhof, just a short walk across the bridge from the National Museum. A revivalist-style hotel built in the modern day, the Kaiserhof deliberately invokes the image of the old Germanic Prussia. Seamlessly blending into the surroundings, few realise how recent the building really was. As the hotel’s staff prepare for yet another round of patrons, an undercurrent of dread appear to be building around the hotel.

“That’s a lot of gendamerie deployed,” remarked Lubomir, dressed in a plain black tuxedo and a red tie, as he drove his red Toyota Auris RS past a police cordon with sharply-dressed officers, “we wouldn’t be expecting the president, are we?”[1]

“I wish, Mr Tonchev,” Ludmilla told the others, decked in a long violet dress, “the Federation of Prusso-German Nobility isn’t exactly averse to showing off. It’s nice of you to be our chaperones for the night. Sorry I called so late. My father had to attend to an assignment all of a sudden.”

“A friend of Vasilka is always welcome to ask for help,” Lubomir chimed, much to his own daughter’s embarrassment, “you might want to consider your choice of chaperone more carefully, however. The tabloids would have a field day if they found out the ‘House of Tonchev’ was present in a party of German aristocracy.”

“Well, if you were worried about it, Mr Tonchev,” Ludmilla queried, “why did you accept anyway.”

Chuckling, the father went, “let’s just say I have a thing for attention.”

Vasilka, in contrast, did not appear to share her father’s sentiment. Gripping her gloved hands, she was less composed over having the cameras on her. In retrospect, they were fairly hard up on choices of transportation. Between her parents’ two family cars, Zisel’s sister’s jeep and the Svedas’ family truck, it hardly seemed like a fair contest for the latter two.

“Besides which,” Tarana griped, squashed at the center, “isn’t this ball a bit… high class for people like us? Sounds to me like a gathering of old folks with long names and titles gone by.”

Bowing her head a bit, Ludmilla admitted, “you’re not wrong. The federation is a grouping of various German hereditary organizations. The only reason my family is invited is because my last name is Ungern-Sternberg. No blueblood association is going to miss that name. That said, it’s not a pretty place. The old Junkers aren’t too happy mingling with Tsarist nobles like me. Many want to restore the monarchy under Hohenzollern rule, while Tsarists on our end want a Romanov wearing that crown.”

“But this is a republic,” Maria grunted, seated beside Vasilka’s father at the front as she played with her hair fringe, “there’s no point in fighting for titles here. Are they serious?”

“If I have to be honest, I’d say yes,” the girl remarked lackadaisically, “they’ll fight over a kingship that will never be re-established, and they’ll fight over crowns that will never be made. It takes a lot to make old people move on…”

“You don’t sound very interested in attending,” Vasilka remarked, “why are you going anyway?”

Giving a sigh, she lamented, “well, let’s just say I have a responsibility to represent my family. My father isn’t exactly a reputable figure. ‘UNESCO Heritage Recovery Expert’ may sound like a fancy title, but it’s nothing more than jargon for ‘UN-sanctioned relic hunter’”

“Is every generation of yours that larger than life,” Maria griped, as the car slowed down on the porch to a waiting team of valets, “it’s kind of creepy.”

“Maybe it’s in the blood,” Ludmilla theorized, waiting over the opening cabin doors as the valets welcomed their newest guests, “we have a reputation for churning out blockbuster-worthy biopics~.”

UawJG45.png

Frederick Ballroom, Swissôtel Kaiserhof, Kyonigsberg, Kyonigsbergskaya Stolitsa
Night, 30th January, 2016 C.E.

Playing: Johann Waltz - Victoria 2 Soundtrack

B5JPtK8.jpg

Stepping into the Kaiserhof’s main, grand ballroom, the well-dressed guests trickling in were greeted to a trip into an earlier time. Through its gilded doors, the glittering chandeliers and ornate amber fixtures shimmered under the white fluorescent lights. Hanging above, old flags of the Prussian kingdom hung alongside those of the Russian empire. Only the modern black-white-blue tricolour of the Prussian republic in the middle provided a needed break into reality, something many elders in the room did not appear to appreciate.

Gawking in wonder, some of the girls appeared overwhelmed by the scenery, Zisel and Ausra, namely. While some, like Vasilka and Ludmilla, were somewhat familiar with high society and its norms, their friends in the other end of the social ladder were predictably not. Straightening out the marvelling girls, Ritva whispered, “stop gawking. It’s rude.” In all, there was reason for them to be uncomfortable with the scenery – there appeared to be too few guests their age.

GdvEmQbl.jpg

“Are you sure you’ll be fine by yourselves, girls,” an elder, brunette woman in a lime-green dress told the nine, “I don’t think this is your kind of crowd.”

“I think they’ll be fine with me, Mrs Toncheva,” assured a young orange-head woman staggering in on her high heels, eerily similar to Zisel in appearance, “you two should have fun.”

“I do not think we’ll be able to enjoy ourselves all that much among people who regard us as inferiors, Starshina Kaufmann,” Lubomir replied in his usual wit, “no blueblood with an eye out for restitution would as much as spit in the direction of someone of ‘revolutionary’ heritage. Still, since we’re here, best we enjoy ourselves, shall we?”

Grimacing a bit at the shade-sporting blonde as he made his way to the tables, Zisel’s ‘twin’ grumbled to Mrs Toncheva, “why the hell did you marry him, Madam? You’re not the kind to be interested in connections, or bad boys.”

“Who knows,” Vasilka’s mother admitted, shrugging the concerns, “life is full of unknowns. Keep watch on the girls for me, Astrid. You know men… parties are a hotbed for bad behaviour. You take care now, Vasilka, everyone. I think the further he is from all of you, the better."

Rubbing her hair in exasperation as she watched the couple depart, the marine sergeant had reason to be perturbed. Thrown with the task of babysitting the nine, Zisel’s elder sister Astrid did not feel confident about the job. Even though the girls were far from brats, they were also not entirely adept in formal etiquette. Then again, neither was she.

“Oh my god,” squealed Laila, crowding on the buffet table with Zisel and Ausra as she began piling buffet food on her plate, “they look so heavenly~!”

“Hold it,” Maria blurted, stepping over, “that’s rude! Just come back for it when you’re finished with the first plate!”

"But it's a buffet," Ausra pleaded, her own plate looking a lot like a mountain of delicacies, "what if the plates are emptied out when we return!?"

Clutching her head in exasperation, Astrid griped, “what are you, children? My heels are killing me, and this dress is barely covering my chest.”

“Sorry for dragging you along,” Vasilka apologized, “we had a spare invite, and my parents thought you’d like to join in.”

“I don’t,” Astrid insisted, “they just know my sister will be joining and roped me in. And, no offence, Captain Tonchev is not exactly a humble man.”

“I’m their child,” Vasilka grumbled, “I think I know that better than anyone.”

A quick survey of the area, and the girls could not help but stiffen at the scene. All around the ball, old men in business suits were exchanging common pleasantries, though a wide gap appeared to be forming at the center, splitting the Junkers from the Russo-Germans. Stepping out of the ballroom doors as the more gluttonous of the bunch were dragged out against their will, the nine could not help but look out for peers to hang out with.

“Come to think of it,” Ritva remarked to Ludmilla, “you never did tell us about your family. Your ancestor was the Mad Baron, wasn’t he? How did he escape? What happened?”

“Tell us, tell us,” Ausra pleaded, stuffing her mouth with skewered meat, “I’d like to know!”

“Who knows…” remarked Ludmilla, “it’s quite a dull story… Baron Roman von Ungern-Sternberg was my great-great grandfather. He was always quite an eccentric character, combining his Tsarist loyalties with his infatuation with Mongolian culture. After the Russian civil war, his army entered Mongolia and overthrew the Chinese occupiers. Reinstating the Bogd Khan, he hoped to re-conquer Russia from the Soviets from there. But when the Red Army and their Mongol allies invaded, he had to scrap his plans for a march into Russia to support the uprisings there.[2] On hindsight, he was never going to defeat them. The numbers and training just couldn't compare. His army broken and routed, he was forced to escape into Manchuria alone. In the end, he died a broken, miserable old man at the mercy of the Japanese. There are his sons, but that's a different set of stories entirely.”

“I’d love to hear it, though,” a voice gingerly cut in on the girls, “it’s not every day the daughter of the ‘Relic Hunter’ finds the time to grace our presence.”

Looking up, the girls were a bit surprised by the stranger before them. A young girl around their age, the silvery haired girl has a shimmering aqua gaze, paired with a white silk dress. It was not hard to guess she was high-born, just like Ludmilla. The main difference was that while Ludmilla’s family had history, not fortune to their name, the girl was clearly a step above.

“Vicky,” squealed Ludmilla, recognizing the princess as she grasped her hands, “it’s been so long!”

“Vicky?” The others blurted, looking at each other in bewilderment. Perhaps, there was more to Ludmilla than they realize, beyond the tale of the Mad Baron, and the progeny of his clan.

ztrwlvBl.png

OOC Notes
  1. :3
  2. IOTL, he invaded Russia anyway, not knowing that the uprisings had already been crushed by the Red Army.
Cast
  • Singenwaldhang Girls High School (from left to right)
    • Aušra Švedaitė (CV: 高坂 穂乃果)
    • Ritva Pajari (CV: 園田 海未)
    • Mariyne Mugu (CV: 南 ことり)
    • Maria Hayrapetyan (CV: 西木野 真姫)
    • Tarana Irevani (CV: 矢澤 にこ)
    • Vasilka Lyobomirova Toncheva (CV: 絢瀬 絵里)
    • Ludmilla Aleksandrovna von Ungern-Sternberg (CV: 東條 希)
    • Leila Pääsuke (CV: 小泉 花陽)
    • Zisel Kaufmann (CV: 星空 凛)
  • Chaperones
  • Others
    • 'Vicky' (CV: ラ・フォリア・リハヴァイン)

Status
Not open for further replies.