What would you like me to focus on for future chapters?

• History of the early West Baltic (1950s-60s)

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • History of the late West Baltic and modern Prussia (1980s-present)

Votes: 92 60.9%
  • Miscellaneous Information (please elaborate)

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Waifus. :3

Votes: 42 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job Remitonov. It's interesting to see Prussia's rise to power in the post Cold War and how its handling to become one of the more stronger nations of Europe. Most of the plot is relatively realistic (though there are far too many female officers in the 1950's of all times) and it kind of makes sense how Prussia is able to form a national identity with no overwhelming Russophilic demographics.

Danke! And yes, I admit there are too many female officers in the 50s, even in the Soviet Bloc. It's more of an artistic license. :3

The character chapters are good and make it for a unique story on the site. However, and this is just my opinion, Farah is kind of a bitch. I'm not criticizing her for having her political beliefs and ideals, but what I don't like about her character is that she goes out of the way to instigate conflict with Vasilka when Vasilka doesn't constantly brag about her family and mostly keeps to herself and her close friends. Farah is being kind of a hypocrite when she complains about the hard life of being a PM's daughter, yet she constantly harasses Vasilka for her own family connections. It's just hard to sympathize with her character when she's constantly shouting "My father is the best Prime Minister that Prussia ever had and the Tonchev's want to turn our country into a traditionalist shithole!". I guess I could understand if I knew her original character, but I'm just basing my opinions off of this TL.

Yea, she kind of is. I hope she'll change as time goes on, depending on how I depict her, but she definitely can't help it. :p

By the way where are you getting these casts of characters from? The only show I'm familiar with is the Zeta and Unicorn Gundam casts making an appearance which makes Stan's arc the most engaging for me since I know who Banagher is beforehand. The only one besides the Gundam characters who I recognized is Yang Wenli and Okabe. I'm sort of surprised though to see Emma end up with Char of all people. By the way does Agata's family include a fascist NEET uncle, a dad in the Navy, an aunt in Prussian intelligence, and a purple haired Bishonen uncle?

I get my charas from the anime and games I both watch and hear from friends. I admit, many characters are from anime I've not watched at all, or games I've not played. But I tend to fish around for faces quite a bit, and then add them to a cast list I've prepared and am still updating.

Char actually plays two characters in this TL, Vladimir and his son, Lyubomir. I find that CCA Char and Zeta Quattro both have distinctly divergent characters, not unlike that of a father and son. Also, I felt a Char that settles down with a woman rather than a loli might be less of a dick compared to what happened in CCA, so yea. :3

As for Agata, I will say it's closer to their source material. I won't give away too much, but her family has a lot of dubious ties with the Intermarium party. It is a Polish nationalist party in Prussia and an advocate of union with Poland. Not the most pleasant of company, and God help you if they run into a protest by rival nationalist parties, Rodina or Lithuania Minor.

I know that since the story is in January we'll probably never see the direct results, but after Brexit is Prussia going to have its own Prexit? I can see the Fatherland Front using Brexit as an example to show that the EU is failing and they need to get out while they still can without their economy going down the drain.

You can bet they will try. But in the aftermath of Trump's election and the trainwreck that is May's premiership, the potential of an alt-Right takeover had crashed quite a bit.

Also I'm confused about the structure of the school and the history classes. Now this may just be because I am an American and I'm not too knowledgeable about European systems, but why is everyone from different high schools and yet they're taking history classes from a single university? Is history the only class that they're going taking at this university. If they're still in high school then why aren't they learning within their schools? If they're university students then why are they divided by high schools? I'd really like an explanation for this because the questions sort of break my immersion every time we cut back to present day.

That's not based on any European system, as far as I know. I intended it to be a National Education course that can be taken at any time during a high school student's term as part of the history curriculum, and compulsory. It was set up during the Tonchev administration in the late 90s as a means to 'build national identity and consciousness'. Critics consider it an attempt at brainwashing. Under his successor, Ilya Pavlyuk (New Prussia), the system was modified but not removed. Today, plenty within the various pro-European parties are trying to abolish the system. There's a lot of things introduced during the Tonchev administration that never went away.

EDIT: As for why it's set in a university, it's mainly due to the uneven number of enrollments in the course per school, particularly smaller schools. Roman's course alone is a pretty good sign. Stanislaw's school only has three students in the course for the year, which means they have to go elsewhere for the course. In contrast, St Elisabeth's cohort is far larger, and can afford to have history teachers specializing in the NE course. Moreover, by raising the minimum limit of students per course for public schools, the ministry is essentially forcing students to interact with peers from other schools, particularly those of other language mediums. For example, Farah and Vasilka's schools are Russian-medium schools, while Stanislaw's is Polish-medium, but they all have to attend the same course and tolerate each other's presence.

Any chance this guy is going to make an appearance?
tumblr_olguvkdRVZ1s3dorio3_1280.jpg

Maybe. :3

Last edited:
Episode 6-2
Frederick Ballroom, Swissôtel Kaiserhof, Kyonigsberg, Kyonigsbergskaya Stolitsa
Night, 30th January, 2016 C.E.

SYnhtq8.png

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

Ludmilla, as her friends had long known, was a girl with a not-so-ordinary past. Just by looking at her immediate family, she would have been a well-travelled high school girl, often moving due to her father’s work as a UNESCO agent. Settling in Singenwaldhang, Ludmilla rarely shared anything about her acquaintances before, with real friends hard to come by. Squashed within an entire horde of Vicky’s schoolmates, the eight other members of μ's were… a bit overwhelmed.

“Are you really ‘μ's’,” a brunette girl with long hair squealed to Ausra, “I watched your Christmas concert at Independence Square!”

“T-Thank you…” Ausra blurted, “glad you liked it…”

“You wouldn’t be here to perform, would you,” joked a more senior, dark-haired girl with a lopsided ponytail, “after all, you have... umm…”

“Kannon’s Chosen is among us this day,” a grey-haired girl with twintails interjected, “would be a waste to perform to aged landed peerage with no appreciation of modern art.”

You’re a landed peer, Roche,” a fourth, black-haired girl stated flatly, much to the Lolita’s dismay, “and say their names properly. It’s not like you don’t know who they are.”

“Mind if I get an autograph,” declared a blonde girl in a strange accent, inching discomfortingly close to Vasilka with a card on hand, “I have a special message to send to a dear vriend and fan of yours~.”

“Friend...” Vasilka tried to answer calmly, her discomfort leaking on her face, “no problem… What’d you like me to write.”

“’To my precious gem, Henna’”, the fellow blonde crooned excitedly, unable to restrain her coy behaviour, “a school president of the ages~.”

Watching their friends being accosted, Ritva uttered a faint response, “So they’re all from St Elisabeth? small world...”

“It’s a pretty prestigious one, if I recall,” Mariyne blurted, “a Catholic girls school run by the Teutonic Order…”

“I expected a lot of rich kids there, though,” Tarana admitted, intimidated by the numbers, “I can’t help but feel beneath them.”

“how many connections do they have?,” Leila said, feeling increasingly overwhelmed.

“They’re not all nobles, girls,” Vicky tried to assure them, “most just got the invite from friends, just like you.”

“That doesn’t explain why so many are from the same school,” Ritva refuted, rattled by the underwhelming response, “how many nobles from your school actually got invited to the ball!?”

“Well,” Vicky remarked, “there’s me, Roche and that girl we like to call ‘Iron Rack’.”

That’s a dubious nickname,” the Finnic girl yelled in agitation.

The party, as it was transpiring, was proving to be a huge gathering of old gentlemen types, from the bearded patriarchs of age-old dynasties to the strapping princes in Prussian cadet uniforms. It was not hard to miss – virtually every young man in the room was a member of a cadet corps in the armed forces or police, if not enrolled in such an academy outright. And the circle of giggling schoolgirls around them were of no exception, though their elegant dresses made it harder to determine who was part of it.

“…Anyway,” Viktoriya broke down the many girls in their gathering, “these are Aleksandra, Yulia, Alyona, Elena, and my aunt, Fiona,” she chimed, her hands on a slightly younger, shy looking girl with shoulder-length white hair, “most of them from the army cadet corps, and before you ask, yes, she is younger than me. She’s like the younger sister I never knew I had.”

“Come to think of it,” a serious-looking brunette uttered, her eyes shifting between Astrid and Zisel, “you never told us your sister was a member of an idol group, Starshina. You two practically look like twins.”

“Yes, uhh…” Astrid blurted awkwardly, forcing a smile, “let’s just say I don’t like people asking such questions.”

“You know them already, Big Sister,” Zisel queried, peering at the group with a kitty face.

“They’re from the cadet corp,” Astrid stated with rolled eyes, “they were at the wilderness training camp in Shchventishchken during the winter break. Pack of sassy mouthed bit-… blini.”[1]

“Pancakes,” blurted Zisel, feeling a bit confused at the senior’s sudden restraint.

“Right…” Vasilka remarked, looking around at the fangirls, “and you girls are?”

“The Skoolkoor~,” the fellow blonde answered gingerly, accepting the autograph from the idol, “school choir, though that’s just jargon. Our real club name is-”

“We’re the school choir, not the idol club,” the raven-haired Mongol interrupted flat out, much to her friend’s displeasure, “sorry, she’s like that. I’m Kuular, I’m the assistant head of the choir. The cheery little sprite is Rasa, the Lolita is Rochelle, or Roche, the brunette is our head, Alsu. And this joker...“

“Emma,” squealed the loop-hair, “tweede generasie Pruisiese. What brings you here~?”

“’Benchwarmers’ might be a crude answer,” Vasilka went, “but I guess I was too curious not to check the ball out.”

“Well, there’s not much to see here,” Kuular remarked, “most people our age here are military types, Viktoriya and her Cossack band included. Our school disciplinary committee as well, though, they’re Anglo-American.”

“From the NATO garrison,” Ludmilla queried.

“Yes,” Viktoriya replied, “plenty of NATO personnel send their girls to St. Elisabeth, mostly Americans from Pilava naval base. The blonde with the dumpling hair? Her father is a colonel in the United States Marine Corp. The Harry Potter-looking brunette? British SAS. The jumpy first year with the short hair? US Air Force. And the shady-looking twintail... that's odd, where'd she go?”

“It’s very rude to comment about your schoolmates to complete strangers, Miss Wrangel,” a monotone British accent broke the silence, as a dubious-looking blonde with long twintails and a concealing hair fringe over her eyes showed up beside her, “I don’t believe my friends will take kindly to that.”

Startled by the ghostly appearance, Ritva took a while to process the Briton’s words, blurting, “wait, Wrangel?”

“Yeah,” Ludmilla went, “that Wrangel. Strange coincidence, isn't it?”

“You found out, huh…” Viktoriya admitted, giving a sorry smile.

Before the girls could quiz her further, a poster sign hanging next to the group caught their eye. All around, exhibits of monochrome photos and personal effects were in full display, attracting the attention of the patrons of the ballroom. Some took a keen interest, others merely made passing remarks and jokes. But there was something distinct about the exhibition that few of the Junkers understood. It told the story of the people who came before the Junkers’ return – the story of the East Germans and Soviet Germans.

Überrest
След | Vestige | Ślad | Ženklas
An exhibition on ethnic German settlement in the West Baltic SSR (Prussia)
Based on the historical novel ‘Vestige’ by Yvonne Raeder

Überrest,” Tarana read the German title and its translations on the poster, “’vestige’? What’s that?”

Peering at the description, Ludmilla surmised, “it looks like an exhibition on ethnic German migration into Prussia during the Cold War, based on a novel of the same name by… hmm…”

“What’s wrong,” Mariyne queried over the pause.

“It’s nothing,” Ludmilla answered, “thought I saw that name somewhere.”

“Seems like a hit with the nobles,” Vasilka mused, “they seem quite interested.”

“Ms Vasilka, I don’t think you understand the contrasts between us and those who came before,” Viktoriya answered in a more cynical tone, “the generations of bluebloods before us have no understanding of the lives of those that migrated during the Soviet period. The first thing that comes to their mind when they hear of the Germans of the West Baltic is that their lives were nothing but suffering. They’re not wrong, to some extent, but the truth is far more complicated. My family spent their whole lives in Western Europe. Even I, a girl born and raised here in the post-Soviet republic, cannot claim to fully grasp the past. And yet our elders believe they have their full support and well-wishes because of how much they believe they've suffered under the Kremlin.”

Taking a second look at the adults inspecting the exhibits, there appeared to be a growing sense of condescension emanating among the nobles. Light comments on the dire straits of the first ‘Gastarbeiter’ – ‘guest workers’ as they were known in German – only served to highlight their ignorance.[2] Turning her gaze away, the blonde Russian youth felt a bit… sickened. And it was not only the Junkers engaging in such talk. Some of the comments were clearly in Russian.

5Ar2aQYl.jpg

Looking at a display at the starting end of the exhibition, Vasilka could see the image of 1950s Kaliningrad at the foreword. It was, in many respects, a city that looked very much like a cookie cutter Soviet industrial hub, save for the ruins of Königsberg Castle in the background. But what was different about the city’s image compared to the ones at the National Museum was the grim atmosphere of incarceration in Soviet-era Prussia. The Cold War displays generated a similar effect to contrast the commoners’ plight with the powerful position of Kaliningrad’s rulers. Here, there was little mention of the idealism of Stolypin’s international city. All it told was the reality of his project’s darker side, the one the Kremlin, and puppets like the East German government, had always favoured...

OOC Notes:
1. OTL Pugachevo, Nesterovsk Raion/District, formerly Schwentischken, East Prussia. Also, 'blini' (Singular: blin) is a Russian pancake dish. Not as strong a word as 'blyat', but you get the point. :p
2. IOTL, the term was used for migrant workers in West Germany, while East Germany used a similar term, 'Vertragsbeiter' or 'contract workers', to refer to migrant workers, mainly those from communist countries outside Europe. ITTL, the term is still used in West Germany, but in East Germany, it referred to East German migrants in Kaliningrad.

Cast

“Kannon’s Chosen is among us this day,” a grey-haired girl with twintails interjected, “would be a waste to perform to aged landed peerage with no appreciation of modern art.”

You’re a landed peer, Roche,” a fourth, black-haired girl stated flatly, much to the Lolita’s dismay, “and say their names properly. It’s not like you don’t know who they are.”

“Mind if I get an autograph,” declared a blonde girl in a strange accent, inching discomfortingly close to Vasilka with a card on hand, “I have a special message to send to a dear vriend and fan of yours~.”
this is a funny passage

Episode 6-3
Überrest
След | Vestige | Ślad | Ženklas
An exhibition on ethnic German settlement in Cold War Prussia (West Baltic)
Based on the historical novel ‘Vestige’ by Yvonne Raeder

584px-Catherine_II_in_youth_by_A.R._Lisiewska_%28de_Gasc%29%2C_1742%2C_Russian_Museum.jpg

Tsarina Catherine II 'the Great 'of Russia, the Russo-German monarch responsible for opening German migration into Russia in the late 18th Century.

The Germans of Prussia are by far the most prolific of the ethnic groups in the country. For a millennium, German settlement and rule over the Baltic coast has defined the history of the region and Europe, from the foundation of the Teutonic Order to the rise of the Prussian kingdom. But the German history of Prussia came to an abrupt end, when the local population was expelled by the victorious Soviets after World War II. But a new history was to unfold for those who come after, as migrants from what was once the German Democratic Republic (East Germany) intermingled with various German disapora of the east, whose pasts were more intertwined with the Russian Empire and Soviet Union than Imperial Germany.

To define the Germans of the new Prussia, one must dissect the various migrant groups that came. While repatriates who returned after their expulsion in 1945-1947 make up a significant number, a far larger portion came other parts of East Germany, as well as the Russian-speaking Germans of the Soviet Union. These Russo-Germans, descendants of Baltic Germans and Mennonites expelled to the Siberian and Central Asian interior, would intermingle with migrants from their ancestral lands, coalescing into a new bilingual people that would define the new Prusso-German identity. Later, as the ‘German Explosion’ brought in new migrants from both East and West, the cultural composition of the German population would come to match the diversity of the new Prussia itself.

Before the collapse of the Soviet Union, the German sub-groups could generally be split into three categories, sometimes overlapping with each other. The first were repatriates who had returned to Prussia, often considered part of the East Germans in general. However, their motivations and ideology made them more unreliable compared to other migrants, and the Stasi-supported Committee for German Immigration sought to bar anyone with the faintest ties with the old Prussian province from returning unless stated otherwise. The second, the East Germans, were a mix of voluntary migrants motivated mostly by economic incentives, as well as those forcibly ‘volunteered’ (i.e. abducted) to migrate to the West Baltic. The latter, the result of a complex Stasi program to divert the tide of defections away from West Germany, tended to cooperate more with repatriates than normal migrants. However, unlike the repatriates, potential defectors were prioritized for migration, as a means to detain them in the West Baltic. The third, the Russo-Germans, were generally considered voluntary migrants who were attracted by both economic incentives and a chance to escape exile in the desolate frontiers of the union. It would be the interactions between these three groups that would create a new cultural identity for the German diaspora, one of embrace for both German and Russian cultures. It is this diaspora that would find themselves on a collision course with new migrants in the post-Soviet era, as arrivals from western Germany, especially the exiled Junkers of old Prussia, sought to reassert their long-lost vision of their homeland.

Ministry for State Security Headquarters
Haus 1, Ruschestraße 103, East Berlin, German Democratic Republic
27th January, 1957 C.E.
Arnhild Weiss

640px-Schreibtisch_von_Erich_Mielke.JPG

“He’s insane.”

It was a sentiment held by Arnhild herself back at Kaliningrad; a young party internationalist demanding an unreasonable level of achievement never seen since Stalin. Despite Yevgeny’s expressed reservations against the use of force or coercion, Arnhild had no illusions what exactly they would be using to meet his quotas. Rather, Arnhild had no illusions why the DDR was on board for his Kaliningrad project. It was not, and it was hard to believe anyone, even his Soviet leaders, were genuinely supportive of it.

“Don’t worry too much about it,” a bald higher officer with gleaming spectacles remarked, handing her back her report without a second thought, “we’ll follow our plans as instructed. His quota system does not conflict with our repatriation program. Besides, Colonel Tonchev has already given us full creative direction in handling our migrations.”

“Are you sure,” Arnhild queried, doubtful of the statement, “do you not think Stolypin would protest to becoming a prison warden.”

“Are you implying he has no idea,” the general scoffed, brushing off the concerns, “Captain Weiss, you are not a child. An officer in the KGB, the very organization that has green-lighted the Internationalization program, can’t possibly feign ignorance to its true purpose. Just follow your directives and you’ll be fine. While I had hoped to assign you to a task more suited for your high calibre, I suppose you will have to do for this one. Who knows, if this… whatever it is, takes off, you might be in line to enter the Volkshammer, or more.”

“I’ve already given the high brass my word,” Arnhild refused politely, “it wouldn’t be fair for me to back out, in any case. Besides, this… program has its fair bit of challenges. I would not dismiss it as an easy task right off the bat.”

“Oh,” the officer chimed, raising an eyebrow, “if that’s how you feel, then I wish you the best of luck. Pity… You picked a very difficult superior to answer to.”

‘A very difficult superior to answer to’… Knowing the brass’ opinion of her, there was a certain meaning to it that Arnhild had trouble dismissing. Had it been anyone else, Arnhild would have had the superior wrapped around her finger and thighs already. Her talents, her cool beauty… those were the archetypes of a femme fatale spy. But roping Yevgeny was nigh-impossible, not with the infamous Black Widow as his own woman. Arnhild could scarcely imagine why someone like Sara would tie herself to a young, unaccomplished cadre. Did she believe he was a large investment in the making, or was she a lot less avaricious than she actually appeared? Regardless, she did not take too kindly to being compared to a honeypot. Saluting the general as she took her leave, she mustered all the cool patience she had to leave, her lips pursing at his joke.

Waiting at a corridor for her superior, a young, smiling junior officer with short, neatly-cut hair saluted as she passed. Following behind, he questioned, “what did he say, madam.”

“He said to carry on,” she stated coldly, hiding her discontent, “how are the decoy networks and smuggling routes coming along?”

“Everything is proceeding as intended, Madam,” the boy answered in a strangely jovial manner, following behind her, “agents are reporting in many requests for defections. It’s far more serious than we thought.”

“Of course it is,” Arnhild stated as a matter of fact, “we have savages within our ranks using suspects as stress relief. Just deal with them as planned.”

“Very well. What about the Germans in the Soviet Union,” questioned the young man, “I mean, we were assigned to watch over their resettlement too...”

“That…” Arnhild muttered, pausing as she pondered over her other role. While her initial and only task was the simple ‘resettlement’ of ‘potential Republikflüchtlinge’ in Kaliningrad, Arnhild was also tasked by Stolypin to tend to migrants from within the Soviet Union, Baltic Germans and Mennonites exiled east of the Urals. Her superiors were not too keen on whatever duties that laid outside those assigned to her. But at the same time, they never cared enough to stop her either.

“Some effort will do,” Arnhild simply answered, electing not to think too much on the issue, “if the networks can’t get enough to meet his numbers, we’ll just head out once in a while. No big deal.”

“I see,” the smiling aide stated, bowing his head a bit, “if it’s too much trouble, I can always head alone-“

“It’s fine,” Arnhild refused, “I don’t want to impose on you.”

Glancing back at the young man, Arnhild could not help but feel unnerved. Knowing her superiors, there would always be at least one person under her tasked to keep tabs. Just because she was the daughter of a politburo chief did not make her exempt from surveillance, far from it. And their purpose was just restricted to seeking out moles. Even an envious officer could find fault with his betters simply to take her place. In fact, just about any subordinate could aim to take her down out of envy. For that reason, she tended to be a woman of few words, an aloof, calculating persona to keep suspicions away.

“I’ll see to the Russian side myself,” she simply told the lad, “I don’t think I can keep my eye off the head... I get the feeling his plans would only drive all of us but ruin.”

This was the reality of Arnhild’s world. Equality be damned, only those with the ties and loyalties could ever the eminent power in the communist bloc. Social equality, redistribution of wealth and other crowd pleasers were fine while they lasted, but ultimately, nothing truly changed. The revolutionaries become the new nobles, and the peasants who lacked the talent to rise up remained where they were, slaves to the whims of their leaders.

Nothing will ever change…

Petropavl, Kazakh Soviet Socialist Republic, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
27th January, 1957 C.E.
??????

MY4J8ve.jpg

Petropavl, in northern Kazakhstan.

One of the many Russian cities lying outside the Russian SFSR, Petropavl was a triumph of Tsarist colonial ambitions, taming the massive steppes of Central Asia for God and emperor alike. Most recently, the area across northern Kazakhstan has become a vast experimental garden for Khrushchev’s Virgin Lands program. To transform barren soil into a breadbasket of the Soviet Union, many, including Germans from European Russia, were settled in the area to toil and seed the land. And from its bumpy start, optimism was rife after last year’s bountiful harvests.

But one man had no intention to labour in the fields as his forefathers had. In a small house in the city’s periphery, the solemn-looking, dark-haired man was glaring at an ad that was pasted on the notice board. It appeared like a normal job description, exhorting patriotic workers to join in building the ‘international’ city. The problem was, that city was about three-and-a-half thousand kilometres from Petropavl. It laid at the edge of the Soviet border, in a closed military region.

“A bit far,” went the man, lowering the paper, “sounds like a lot of paperwork. I should try looking around the city a bit more. There has to be something I could work in.”

“Excuse me.”

1Ib1Q04.gif

Watching a door open at the corner of his eye, a silver-haired, effeminate-looking boy with distinctive fringes stepped in with a cup of coffee. Despite the contrast in hair colour, not many disputed their family relationship, perhaps due to their matching hairstyle. As the boy laid the cup down on the table, the elder rubbed his eyes as he thought about him. While the silver-haired lad was, on paper, his son, the former farm hand could only wonder how true it really was.

“Vissarion, is it,” he spoke to the teen, “did Inessa… did your mother ever told you about your birth father?”

“Birth father,” Vissarion uttered, bowing his head a bit, “no, not at all… All she said was that he was a high-ranking KGB officer, practically untouchable. Someone this irresponsible has no right to be my father.”

“You don’t know that, Vissarion,” the senior went, “might have been an accident. He might not know you exist. Who knows? Besides, I’m not exactly a good person either. I signed away some marriage papers to bail a random stranger out and promptly left her to herself. Who would have thought she was carrying a child? The state would have ‘killed’ you and sent her to prison if they found out.”

“But they didn’t, did they,” the boy remarked with unusual calm, a soft smile on his face as he looked at his brochure, “thanks to you, my mother was able to pass on as a free woman, and I was able to come into this world. For that, you are my father, my one and only. If you feel burdened, I’ll be happy to help.”

Sighing in relent, the elder simply stated, “just finish your studies and get on with your life. You don’t want to be tied down with me.”

Pausing a bit at his lackadaisical attitude, the teenager quietly switched topics, asking, “come to think of it, you never told me your full name, Mr Kir… Father.”

Glaring at the boy, Kirill had no idea how to feel about his new son. He never intended to have a family, a main reason why he was so ready to sign away his bachelorhood without a second thought. The woman who asked for his help fifteen years ago, Inessa, was far from a friend or relative, simply a stranger that appeared in their village of Peterfeld. Kirill was barely into marriageable age then, and balked at the idea of settling down with a woman and children. Now, he was wondering in hindsight if he should have accepted her plea, whether to condemn her to a false crime and forced abortion, or to have a random love child call him ‘father’ for the rest of his life.

“Kirill Yakovich Vorarlberg,” the man told him, “that’s my name.”

“Vorarlberg,” Vissarion went, “that’s a German surname.”

“My family were Mennonites in the Volga region before the Great Patriotic War,” Kirill explained, taking a sip off his coffee, “Stalin didn’t want us helping the Nazis, and so they ordered us into this godforsaken place. So many died here because he feared we might turn on him in a heartbeat. In the end, what’s the point of returning to Europe if your own farm is home to another family? I can’t be expected to evict them, not without the state’s backing nor with a clear conscience. You don’t have to take my surname. You had your mother’s the whole time, so it doesn’t seem reasonable to-”

“I’ll take it,” the boy affirmed with a straight face.

Taken a bit by surprise, the adoptive father blurted, “what?”

“I’ll take your surname,” Vissarion repeated, unwavering in his tone, “it’s only fair. Both the law and providence dictate that you’re my father. It’s only right that I carry on your family line, adopted or not. Besides… my mother requested it. I suppose it was the least she could do to repay you, even if you didn’t think too much of it.”

“Something tells me you act just like your mother,” grumbled Kirill, submitting to his fate, as he adjusted himself to look to the window, “do as you wish.”

A gentle smile on his face, Vissarion could not help but feel elated. It felt odd, taking the surname of a stranger he never met until now, but he had every reason to be grateful. While Kirill opened claimed otherwise, there was at least some clear selflessness in him. He felt it was only right to repay him, for a deed that seemingly meant so little to Kirill, but very much saved Vissarion’s life.

TBrW7qj.gif

“Besides which, are you considering moving to Kaliningrad, Father,” Vissarion queried, turning the brochure around for Kirill to look at.

“Ah… I guess,” Kirill blurted, “but payment for paperwork and train tickets seem a little too steep. It’s not like I can’t find work here in Petropavl.”

“But the ad stated all expenses will be paid by the state for all non-Russians,” Vissarion informed him, “with priority given to smaller and non-national minorities.”

Widening his eyes a bit, Kirill uttered in surprise, “really?”

“It’s right here…” the lad pointed out on the paper, a bit confused over his surprise, “all two lines of it. Don’t tell me… you can’t read, Father?”

Vissarion had struck a sore spot, as Kirill turned away in grim shame. Wiping his face, he dared not admit that he had only finished grade school, hence unable to read anything more than simple Russian words. Restraining his urge to snap, the father tried his hardest not to show his despondence. Changing tact, he quickly concluded, “let’s head for Kaliningrad then,” ending the conversation where it stood.

Father and son were going to Stolypin’s ‘international’ city.

fgOL4bX.png

Cast:

Last edited:
Remitonov I'm rather disappointed in you. How can you write Chapter 6-2 with a bunch of moe cadets without including everyone's favorite Prussian?!

Youjo%20Senki%20-%2005%20-%20Large%2021.jpg

Remitonov I'm rather disappointed in you. How can you write Chapter 6-2 with a bunch of moe cadets without including everyone's favorite Prussian?!

Youjo%20Senki%20-%2005%20-%20Large%2021.jpg

Doh. :p

To be honest, I have plans for her, but in the Girls und Panzer side story (on hiatus due to life and writer's block). It never really occurred to me to add her in since she's not going to be living in Prussia, but since you asked... ;)

EDIT: Anyway, a quick update on my latest post. I've added the foreword that I've written long ago for this section, but forgot to add it in because it was damn late that night. Hope you like it.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what characters do you want to see most from the TL? I can't guarantee I can make them all appear (that depends on the story), but I've already seen two requests for Hetalia Prussia and one for Tanya. :3

Trivia: Rank Table by kyuzoaoi
Last edited:
Ok, bad news is, my laptop is in the repair shop, so i won't be updating any time soon (not that I've updated for some time). As for good news... ehm... I've got part of the draft ready, so I won't take much longer.

Chara-wise, I don't think I can wedge Tanya in, because I've already confirmed her to be a chara in my Girls und Panzer side story... as a (German) German in Wilhelmshöhe Academy, Kassel. I can't force her into this one if it breaks the flow of the story. Good news is, Not!Ranko and Het-Prussia could, if I can figure this out.

Can we also see the Slavic nations of Hetalia join in on the fun? I can see Lithuania at the very least making an appearance as a Lithuania Minor politician, who is a real softy at heart and wishes to make friends with everyone but is too introverted. Then we have Poland who would be a migrant worker from Poland working in the amber mines. And Russia who is the owner of a flower shop that looks scary and intimidating, but isn't so bad once you get to know him.

ee66beba43c7e9d05d337ae87962aed8.jpg

ivan_sunflowers_russia_hetalia_34178238_600_60_by_miabia100-d708zvy.jpg

Can we also see the Slavic nations of Hetalia join in on the fun? I can see Lithuania at the very least making an appearance as a Lithuania Minor politician, who is a real softy at heart and wishes to make friends with everyone but is too introverted. Then we have Poland who would be a migrant worker from Poland working in the amber mines. And Russia who is the owner of a flower shop that looks scary and intimidating, but isn't so bad once you get to know him.

I'll see. :3

Could we have walkure romanze story included in this?

Looks like another haremu anime. I'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.