What would you like me to focus on for future chapters?

• History of the early West Baltic (1950s-60s)

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • History of the late West Baltic and modern Prussia (1980s-present)

Votes: 92 60.9%
  • Miscellaneous Information (please elaborate)

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Waifus. :3

Votes: 42 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a random tidbit question not related to modern-topic, what are IITL Prussians views on the Mongolian Empire and Genghis Khan himself?

Just a random tidbit question not related to modern-topic, what are IITL Prussians views on the Mongolian Empire and Genghis Khan himself?
I... really don't know the answer to that. No different from OTL Russians? There's a small community of Turco-Mongols in the country, consisting of Kalmyks, Buryats, Altai and Tuvans, etc. It was they that directly influenced the Koryo-Saram to take up Vajrayana Buddhism (practiced by the Tibetans and Mongols) from their native Mahayana Buddhism back in Korea, similar to how the Chinese community in Thailand took up the Thais' Theravada school. They tend to have the most positive views of the Mongol Empire, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
I... really don't know the answer to that. No different from OTL Russians?

They would be much more neutral about the Mongols than the Russians, for the Tartar Yoke is one of the most traumatic and psyche shifting events in Russian history, while the Germans and the old Prussians didn't really get impacted much by the Mongols.

They would be much more neutral about the Mongols than the Russians, for the Tartar Yoke is one of the most traumatic and psyche shifting events in Russian history, while the Germans and the old Prussians didn't really get impacted much by the Mongols.

Well, since these people think of themselves as the spiritual successors of the Teutonic Knights, and later the early Lutherans, they are not really going to care.

BTW, how did the Tatar Yoke influence the development of the Russian people, beyond shifting the center of the Rus people to Moscow?

Well, since these people think of themselves as the spiritual successors of the Teutonic Knights, and later the early Lutherans, they are not really going to care.

BTW, how did the Tatar Yoke influence the development of the Russian people, beyond shifting the center of the Rus people to Moscow?

Well, it supposedly traumatized Russia into thinking "they can't hurt and rule over me if I hurt and rule them first"

That was how you got the Russian Empire. The Warsaw Pact. Putin's assymetrical assault on Western democracies.

SUPPOSEDLY mind you.

Well, it supposedly traumatized Russia into thinking "they can't hurt and rule over me if I hurt and rule them first"

That was how you got the Russian Empire. The Warsaw Pact. Putin's assymetrical assault on Western democracies.

SUPPOSEDLY mind you.

Well, Russia broke free from the Mongols about 500 years ago, so...

That alone cannot explain Russia's fragile history. A lot of that comes from geography as well.

Considering ITTL, you have a group of Russians who are not only embracing European integration, but German identity, the idea that Russia was destined to be an eternal basket case is harder to believe.

Status Update (1st June, 2019)
I know I haven't written anything for some time, and I'm truly sorry. I've been focusing a lot on my work, and havent had nearly as much time to write the timeline as I should. Also, there are some decisions I made in earlier posts which I feel needs to be ratified, particularly the error in school semesters (i.e. starting at January, as per Singapore, instead of August/September as per Europe). I feel the biggest mistake I made was trying to write out the plot for the early Soviet era, which inevitably stalled any work on the late Soviet era. And I only have concrete plans for the late Soviet era...

So what do you guys think? Should I rewrite this, or try to continue as it is?

I know I haven't written anything for some time, and I'm truly sorry. I've been focusing a lot on my work, and havent had nearly as much time to write the timeline as I should. Also, there are some decisions I made in earlier posts which I feel needs to be ratified, particularly the error in school semesters (i.e. starting at January, as per Singapore, instead of August/September as per Europe). I feel the biggest mistake I made was trying to write out the plot for the early Soviet era, which inevitably stalled any work on the late Soviet era. And I only have concrete plans for the late Soviet era...

So what do you guys think? Should I rewrite this, or try to continue as it is?
It's okay, bro. We all have our own lives to lead. Take your time.

In that case, try to continue as it is whenever you have time and energy. Don't stress yourself, it's not an end of the world. :3

I'm going to ask an mundane but important question. What's Prussia's relations with Russia?

I can imagined ambivalence at best, considering TTL's Prussia is a Russohphone nation and member of NATO. Putin coming along as president of Russia didn't really helped with relations with this ex-Soviet republic.

Thanks, everyone! I think I'll push through then, though I suspect I might have to abandon this timeline if the delays get too long. :(

I'm going to ask an mundane but important question. What's Prussia's relations with Russia?

I can imagined ambivalence at best, considering TTL's Prussia is a Russohphone nation and member of NATO. Putin coming along as president of Russia didn't really helped with relations with this ex-Soviet republic.

Prussia shares a somewhat shaky relationship with Russia, primarily due to the nature of its secession from Russia. Most of the families in Prussia have blood ties in Russia, and generally favour close relations with the major power, if possible. There was even a major movement for accession into Russia shortly after independence, led by Rodina. But the economic chaos in Russia's immediate post-Soviet years, and growing awareness of the dark side of Soviet and Russian rule had severely dampened the mood for accession, and that sentiment was successfully tapped by pro-Western parties, and Fatherland Front. Since Prussia's accession into NATO and the EU, relations had only soured since. Far right nationalist organizations in Russia and the ruling regime blame New Prussia for their 'promotion of pan-Germanic propaganda', and Russian state media had gotten into the habit of painting the Prussian government as a American and German puppet state and outright bogeymen. In contrast, opposition politicians have strenuously pointed out the vast disparity between Prussia and Russia's living conditions, economy and income equality, and many Russian nationals still immigrate and work in Prussia. Overall, the people in both countries generally don't care for the geopolitical bickering of their governments.

Prussia shares a somewhat shaky relationship with Russia, primarily due to the nature of its secession from Russia. Most of the families in Prussia have blood ties in Russia, and generally favour close relations with the major power, if possible. There was even a major movement for accession into Russia shortly after independence, led by Rodina. But the economic chaos in Russia's immediate post-Soviet years, and growing awareness of the dark side of Soviet and Russian rule had severely dampened the mood for accession, and that sentiment was successfully tapped by pro-Western parties, and Fatherland Front. Since Prussia's accession into NATO and the EU, relations had only soured since. Far right nationalist organizations in Russia and the ruling regime blame New Prussia for their 'promotion of pan-Germanic propaganda', and Russian state media had gotten into the habit of painting the Prussian government as a American and German puppet state and outright bogeymen. In contrast, opposition politicians have strenuously pointed out the vast disparity between Prussia and Russia's living conditions, economy and income equality, and many Russian nationals still immigrate and work in Prussia. Overall, the people in both countries generally don't care for the geopolitical bickering of their governments.

And as I've stated, Prussia creates an existential crisis for Russia itself. Putin's blood would boil over a bunch of Russians eagerly jumping into the pan-European alliance that is the EU, especially since Russia is missing out on a good port.

Prussia is to Russia what Taiwan is to China. And the animosity only grows thanks to the narcissism of small differences.

Warning
Unnecessary bump but just finished reading the whole timeline. I find it amazingly good even tho I don't watch anime. Curious question what is the relationship between TTL Prussia and Sweden, as well as the rest of the Nordic countries?

Status
Not open for further replies.