AFAIK Free France controls the colonies. And with Clemenceau in charge, I doubt they'd be selling anything. Bad enough that the Republic was forced to abandon La Patrie to Communist traitors, much less lost to Germany (again) in the first place. No, even the small Pacific Island colonies are too valuable to the Third Republic's torn and tattered pride (or rather, Clemenceau's pride) to be given up. If Japan, the USA, or Britain want them, they'll have to fight for them.

As for Portugal, AFAIK, they were neutral in this war, or the war ended before they joined. That said, I don't see them selling any colonies to anyone, especially since they're still in the British sphere of interest. And right now the Italians are probably more concerned with a resurgent Serbia, considering Italy was able to annex Albania after the war. There's also managing their bloated East African colonial empire, having gained virtually all of Somalia at the peace table.

Very happy to hear this TL will be continued.

Some questions on the fate of the smaller colonies:
-Did the US still buy the Virgin islands from Denmark? They bought it out of fear that Germany would be able to get them in 1917. Given the increase in German power, I would think the purchase still occurs here. The purchase also ended US claims to the northern portion of Greenland, so if it doesn't happen, this territorial dispute would still occur.

-Will France be selling off its Caribbean and Pacific colonies? There was a proposal in OTL for France to sell those colonies off, because they were not economically significant and the French government wanted to use the money to rearm before WWII. In this TL, France has even greater economic burdens after losing the Great War. Japan's adventure in Vietnam demonstrated that France can no longer project force into the Pacific, making its remaining colonies there sitting ducks. The USA, for its part, would not want Germany getting the Caribbean colonies to threaten North America, and would not want Japan to expand its reach in the Pacific. France and the USA have good reasons for a deal like this to go through.

-How are Spain and Portugal doing with their colonies? Would they be interested in selling to Germany or Britain out of fear of losing them? Portugal joined the OTL WWI against Germany but am unsure in the timeline if it happened. If it did Portugal would be dealing with a hostile Germany on the continent. Italy would love to purchase the northern Morocco to get access to the Atlantic, and I'm sure that would be the next goal of Italian Empire supporters.
@Kylia is right but I'll still happily answer:

The US did not purchase the Virgin Islands; the claims in Greenland remain unresolved.
Currently the Caribbean and Pacific islands (less Indochina, now in Japanese hands) are under the rule of France-in-exile in Algiers. No proposals have been made to sell them off.

Neither Spain nor Portugal joined the war ITTL and no European power currently has plans to nab them.

@Kylia is right but I'll still happily answer:

The US did not purchase the Virgin Islands; the claims in Greenland remain unresolved.
Currently the Caribbean and Pacific islands (less Indochina, now in Japanese hands) are under the rule of France-in-exile in Algiers. No proposals have been made to sell them off.

Neither Spain nor Portugal joined the war ITTL and no European power currently has plans to nab them.
How was ww2 in this TL or you want to avoid spoilers?

How was ww2 in this TL or you want to avoid spoilers?
Never fully fleshed it out. Went through at least half a dozen ideas in my head-canon and notebooks. Part of the problem with TTL was that I never fully had an end-game in mind after the end of WWI: I was simply writing story-arcs which seemed plausible and interesting. Towards the end, I assumed it would derive from an escalation of the Russian Civil War, with Germany and the Tsarist remnants facing the Bolsheviks and French revolutionaries... which I can now see major plot holes with.

I wonder how the cold war would have woken in this TL if one even exist in this TL
There wouldn't have been one.
The Central Powers victory over the Communists would have been challenging (especially in the East) but quick. Neither America nor Japan ITTL would have wanted to challenge German leadership and Britain would have lacked the means.

Redux en route...
Dear Readers,
Very excited to announce that over the next couple days Place In the Sun: Redux will be born! I'll be starting off in broadly the same place (late 1914) and tweaking the PoD to root out implausibilities. I hope to deliver a version superior in terms of both writing and plausibility.

A sketch of chapter 1 is in my test thread, and you can expect to see the new thread inaugurated in a few days hence.

Suggestions, especially concerning plotlines and writing, are actively solicited.

Thanks for all the support you gave v1, and may the new Place In the Sun be everything I aspire to!

-Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth

Dear Readers,
Very excited to announce that over the next couple days Place In the Sun: Redux will be born! I'll be starting off in broadly the same place (late 1914) and tweaking the PoD to root out implausibilities. I hope to deliver a version superior in terms of both writing and plausibility.

A sketch of chapter 1 is in my test thread, and you can expect to see the new thread inaugurated in a few days hence.

Suggestions, especially concerning plotlines and writing, are actively solicited.

Thanks for all the support you gave v1, and may the new Place In the Sun be everything I aspire to!

-Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth
EB97EE71-145D-46B4-942D-132D9B764DA5.jpeg