Signing off
Dear Readers,
I'm sorry it had to end like this. Unfortunately, Place In The Sun is now dead, and Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth will be leaving. It's got nothing to do with you, or with the competing demands of my academics. Rather, following a recent comment of Ian the Admin's about religious faith, at which I took extreme offence, I've decided that I simply no longer have a home here on AH.com. Leaving is all the more painful because of all the fun we've had together in this thread. This TL has been an absolute treat to write and I couldn't have asked for a better fanbase. It's something I'll miss very deeply. Those of you on Discord can find me under the same username.

Thank you to each and every one of you.

Would @Ian the Admin or @CalBear please lock this?

-Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth signing off.

(Oh, and PS: The Tsarists won!)
(PPS: Blessed Karl of Austria, my patron Beatus and hero of this TL, ora pro nobis!)

Dear Readers,
I'm sorry it had to end like this. Unfortunately, Place In The Sun is now dead, and Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth will be leaving. It's got nothing to do with you, or with the competing demands of my academics. Rather, following a recent comment of Ian the Admin's about religious faith, at which I took extreme offence, I've decided that I simply no longer have a home here on AH.com. Leaving is all the more painful because of all the fun we've had together in this thread. This TL has been an absolute treat to write and I couldn't have asked for a better fanbase. It's something I'll miss very deeply. Those of you on Discord can find me under the same username.

Good luck with your future endeavours and where life may take you.
Godspeed

JLan1485

Banned
Dear Readers,

(PPS: Blessed Karl of Austria, my patron Beatus and hero of this TL, ora pro nobis!)
God bless. I wholly understand your reasons and wherever you go, go with my support.
Thank you for this and other excellent TL’s and for your time and dedication.

Dear Readers,

Thank You for this TL. Good luck for Your future.

Dear Readers,

I am sorry to hear this. However, I respect your choice and wish you the best in the future endeavors. This TL has been an absolute treat to read, thank you for writing it.

Return from Exile
...And so this thread rises from the dead. After a good hard think, I reached out to Ian the Admin, apologising for demeaning AH.com and he- to his credit- agreed to let me return. For those of you who may have seen the exchange which led to my banning, suffice it to say that I have no intention of raising topics unrelated to Alternate History or deliberately stirring controversy on this Board. Enough of that nonsense in the Real World, as well as an object lesson in what happens when typing while angry. But what's past is past.

So, what's next? The short answer: I don't know. Real World obligations retain priority, but the desire to write remains strong and I have several ideas kicking around. What I will say, however, is that this TL, in its present incarnation, will not be resuming. Numerous plot holes (some large, some small) have emerged as I've done further reading over the past six months (and besides, I already spoiled the Russian Civil War on my way out the door!). Nonetheless, I will be putting fingers to keyboard over the next few days. I'm considering a Redux of this TL, with a different PoD, as well as other projects (foremost of which centres around the postwar TL-191-verse). Regardless of whatever I end up doing or whenever I end up doing it, I will absolutely post links here and strive to keep this thread open. It is an absolute joy to be back from exile and I look forward to what's to come.

-Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth

Happy to see you return. Shame this one is finished, but, just to have somebody as talented as you on here again makes me happy. I look forward to whatever is next!

Good to have you back man. I love your writing style, and since you're into TL-191 I'd love to see you tackle something like "The Presbyterian Butcher: A History of the Presidency of Gordon McSweeney", where the South wins the Great War (as the original story seemed to be headed before Turtledove changed his mind)

welcome back!

Welcome back! Sad to hear this won’t be continuing but I’m certain whatever you write next will have the same level of quality

Return of the king!

It'll be unfortunate to see this timeline still dead, but at least the talent is back.

Happy to see you return. Shame this one is finished, but, just to have somebody as talented as you on here again makes me happy. I look forward to whatever is next!

Good to have you back man. I love your writing style, and since you're into TL-191 I'd love to see you tackle something like "The Presbyterian Butcher: A History of the Presidency of Gordon McSweeney", where the South wins the Great War (as the original story seemed to be headed before Turtledove changed his mind)
Thanks to all of you. Stay tuned.