Not to spoil things too much, but in a couple weeks we'll be hearing from our old friend Alexei Brusilov. As I make decisions "in his shoes", as it were (planning TTL military campaigns with him at the head), do you have any recommendations as to how I should portray him? Anything more interesting you believe he could plausibly do in this world than just copypasting our world's Brusilov Offensive?

Ideas are not only welcome but actively solicited...

-Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth

Not to spoil things too much, but in a couple weeks we'll be hearing from our old friend Alexei Brusilov. As I make decisions "in his shoes", as it were (planning TTL military campaigns with him at the head), do you have any recommendations as to how I should portray him? Anything more interesting you believe he could plausibly do in this world than just copypasting our world's Brusilov Offensive?

Ideas are not only welcome but actively solicited...

-Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth
Perhaps, Be one of the first people to actually use Armor effectively? Not tanks (I doubt the Russians would of developed them yet) but armored cars and the like, to punch through whoever is in his way. If this is dumb, someone please come in and tell me.

Almost certainly so; the only piece of irredentist territory left is Tirol, but I suspect only the die-hard Italian nationalists care. Most would probably wave it off considering the German majority there, especially when the Italians have Trentino, Trieste, and Albania, turning the Adriatic into an Italian lake. They also have Nice, Savoy, and Corsica, and occupy more French territory up to the Rhone. With Malta and Tunisia, the Straits of Sicily are fully under Italian control. They also have an expanded East African Empire, between Eritrea and all of Somalia. Libya has also made modest gains.

Yes, Italy certainly has taken her own place in the Sun.
don't forget how they also claim Dalmatia. the Italian irredentists were some clay hungry people

I don't understand, Russian Revolution already happened, the liberals won, and Russia became a parliamentary state, on what grounds the Revolution succeed this time? Russia by all means should have continured on the road of constitutional monarchy from here on.

I don't understand, Russian Revolution already happened, the liberals won, and Russia became a parliamentary state, on what grounds the Revolution succeed this time? Russia by all means should have continured on the road of constitutional monarchy from here on.
While Russia's now a constitutional monarchy, it still is a pretty poor place to be a workingman in. This revolution is happening from below, not above.

Basically it's like your a starving peasant who has dreamt of gigantic steak all your life, gravy and potatoes instead of stale bread, suddenly your life changes and the promised food arrives! It's...fresh bread but filled with sawdust, the despair nearly breaks you and damn it, you would rather strive for a stomach that does not hurt you every night bed of hunger pains than live like this no matter if your boss says better food will come in years, you want it to taste real meat now rather than this hollow excuse of life.

The reformists rule is in some ways worse than the Empire because the people who meant to represent the majority compromised so much and combined with what they lost in WW1, Russia is rather than almost everything belongs to the royalty belongs to aristocrats.

So people want communism and it's promises of better life than say 2% improvement in addition to the negatives of the loss of the Ukrainian breadbasket, Poland and Finland it's resources.

Last edited:
Basically it's like your a starving peasant who has dreamt of gigantic steak all your life, gravy and potatoes instead of stale bread, suddenly your life changes and the promised food arrives! It's...fresh bread but filled with sawdust, the despair nearly breaks you and damn it, you would rather strive for a stomach that does not hurt you every night bed of hunger pains than live like this no matter if your boss says better food will come in years, you want it to taste real meat now rather than this hollow excuse of life,

The reformists rule is in some ways worse than the Empire because the people who meant to represent the majority compromised so much and combined with what they lost in WW1, Russia is rather than almost everything belongs to the royalty belongs to aristocrats.

So people want communism and it's promises of better life than say 2% improvement in addition to the negatives of the loss of the Ukrainian breadbasket, Poland and Finland it's resources.
^^^
This is perfect. Can't add anything (except that communism never works, but people don't know that in TTL 1919)

^^^
This is perfect. Can't add anything (except that communism never works, but people don't know that in TTL 1919)
and neither does capitalism, but they don't know that either ;)

edit: oh and on that winning democratic nominee for 1920 - i suggest Thomas R Marshall (if only because the man was huge opponent of eugenics)

Last edited:
Am I misremembering something fierce, or did OTL Russia not have a liberal revolution (February) before their communist one (October)?

Am I misremembering something fierce, or did OTL Russia not have a liberal revolution (February) before their communist one (October)?
They did, though I've heard the communists could of taken power if not then soon after but Lenin and co where unable to fully seize the opportunity shocked.
Russia during the years of 1917-1920 was extremely complicated, Ukraine for example the Ukrainian People's Republic become a brief thing then a civil war in Ukraine and the larger Russian civil war and Germany dissolved it.