Kaiser Gustav I Wikibox
And now for something completely different!

Inspired by the discussion a few pages ago about Germany's royal family, I made this wikibox shedding light on Kaiser Gustav I. It gives a few hints (but nothing too revealing) about what this world's like in the present. My Wikibox skills leave something to be desired.
Kaiser Gustav Wikibox.png

I don't really understand the desire for it either, but they wanted it OTL....
I'm embarassed to intervene only when Italy is concerned, but since I'm from the place it's the only country I feel comfortable with giving historical insight.
South Tyrol was desired for geographical and strategical reasons. Italy's "geographical borders" included territory up to the Brenner Pass (with Nice as the western border, and Fiume as the eastern, along with Corsica, Ticino and Malta). Roman Italy ended on roughly South Tyrol's borders iirc.
The real reason however was strategical. South Tyrol is a more defensible border than Trentino. Our politicians were afraid that a Greater German state in the North would threaten us one day and we needed the best border possible for defense.
Other than that, great update as always. The Mexican War has been fascinating

I'm embarassed to intervene only when Italy is concerned, but since I'm from the place it's the only country I feel comfortable with giving historical insight.
South Tyrol was desired for geographical and strategical reasons. Italy's "geographical borders" included territory up to the Brenner Pass (with Nice as the western border, and Fiume as the eastern, along with Corsica, Ticino and Malta). Roman Italy ended on roughly South Tyrol's borders iirc.
The real reason however was strategical. South Tyrol is a more defensible border than Trentino. Our politicians were afraid that a Greater German state in the North would threaten us one day and we needed the best border possible for defense.
Other than that, great update as always. The Mexican War has been fascinating
Thanks for stepping in. This was more or less akin to what I believed but it's good to have confirmation. Feel free to let me know when (not 'if'-- because it's bound to happen) I make a mistake.
Glad you enjoyed the chapter; thanks for commenting!

Btw some time ago i read smth that said south tyrol wasnt realy desired by the italian goverment and i dont see why they would want south tyrol anyways as it waa often just seen as smth the entente threw at italy for not getting dalmatia. So are ye very sure about south tyrol? (btw it always realy bugged me how south tyrol was italian in otl lmao)
Quite simple why they wanted it, actually it can be summed up in one word. Defence! So, because the. Well damn it @ArmageddonZ4747 beast me too it nice

And now for something completely different!

Inspired by the discussion a few pages ago about Germany's royal family, I made this wikibox shedding light on Kaiser Gustav I. It gives a few hints (but nothing too revealing) about what this world's like in the present. My Wikibox skills leave something to be desired.
So I get its only a representation but i believe it raises an interesting question on whether or not modern monarchs would wear modern suits. I am a mind that no they would not wear them. In the quickest explanation possible A monarch ittl will look to emphasise their Regal nature rather than downplay it like otl

Last edited:
Quite simple why they wanted it, actually it can be summed up in one word. Defence! So, because the. Well damn it @ArmageddonZ4747 me too it nice

So I get its only a representation but i believe it raises an interesting question on whether or not modern monarchs would wear modern suits. I am a mind that no they would not wear them. In the quickest explanation possible A monarch ittl will look to emphasise their Regal nature rather than downplay it like otl
Ooh, this is an interesting idea! I'll have to think somewhat about that. Thank you for mentioning it.

Six months had passed since the Veracruz Armistice, and he wanted to get back Stateside.
How many times did you have to hit him on the head to make him want that?! Surely he would have preferred if that gun-running incident blew up so he could fight some Germans!

Nice update! I wonder if Patton and Truman hate each other here as much as they do in my TL?

- BNC

I feel sorry for Carranza, man deserved better than that, but also...

100,000 soldiers is not enough. It is a guarantee that Mexico will be engaged in constant low-burn rebellions somewhere if it has only 100,000 troops to play whack-a-mole across the nation with. The US has guaranteed that Mexico will never know peace.

I mean, the PRI may have been a one-party dictatorship, but it was leagues better than what Mexico is gonna have now.

I've officially found one part of this TL that isn't better than IRL. I suppose it had to happen eventually 🤣

I feel sorry for Carranza, man deserved better than that, but also...

100,000 soldiers is not enough. It is a guarantee that Mexico will be engaged in constant low-burn rebellions somewhere if it has only 100,000 troops to play whack-a-mole across the nation with. The US has guaranteed that Mexico will never know peace.

I mean, the PRI may have been a one-party dictatorship, but it was leagues better than what Mexico is gonna have now.

I've officially found one part of this TL that isn't better than IRL. I suppose it had to happen eventually 🤣
I feel bad for the French they are reavin up for round two which let's face it will be Germany and Italy bitch slapping France before turning to Russia if they get uppity

Without the French, Brits and Russians having done the heavy lifting for 3 years first?
In Patton's case, absolutely. He hated peace time (to the point he fell into quite a deep depression in the 1930s and another in 1945). If anything, not having allies to soften up the Germans would have just made the whole thing seem all the more glorious to him.

I stood in the flag-decked cheering crowd
Where all but I were gay,
And gazing on their extesy,
My heart shrank in dismay.

(from "Peace", a poem he wrote following the 1918 armistice)

- BNC

unless Italy becomes too greedy and joins the French
Impossible, if only because Italy has outright annexed Nice, Savoy, and Corsica. I know the Italians have something of a...unreliable, reputation, but they wouldn't be so stupid as to not realize that helping France bring Germany down would only mean they'd be next for France's revanchist ambitions.

In Patton's case, absolutely. He hated peace time (to the point he fell into quite a deep depression in the 1930s and another in 1945). If anything, not having allies to soften up the Germans would have just made the whole thing seem all the more glorious to him.

I stood in the flag-decked cheering crowd
Where all but I were gay,
And gazing on their extesy,
My heart shrank in dismay.

(from "Peace", a poem he wrote following the 1918 armistice)

- BNC

Sucks to be him, then. Unfortunately for Patton, while the USA has the manpower and industry to win, without the British Isles as a staging area, prosecuting a war against Germany in the early 20th Century is just too impractical so as to be impossible.

Sucks to be him, then. Unfortunately for Patton, while the USA has the manpower and industry to win, without the British Isles as a staging area, prosecuting a war against Germany in the early 20th Century is just too impractical so as to be impossible.
did the war end early enough for the 1916 olympics to take place? patton was slated for those olympics, to perform in the pentathlon

So no one got territory to keep from Mexico in the treaty? I were had thought the Republic of Guatemala gotten some lands for fighting in the war.

I feel bad for the French they are reavin up for round two which let's face it will be Germany and Italy bitch slapping France before turning to Russia if they get uppity
I don't feel bad for the French. They'll deserve it if they try for a second round of bitch-slapping. They spent 40 years burning for revenge they had no right to and failed miserably and they want to try again? Pah!

How are the Alsatians and Lorrainers doing? They were notoriously pro-French throughout the war otl, some even conducting pro-french hit and run tactics in the Heer. The Zabern Affair in 1913 otl basically cemented the fact that Alsace and Lorraine would always be pro-French against Germany.