Status
Not open for further replies.
Brooklyn mayoral election, 2012
Reposting in this thread for the sake of having a bookmark; Orig. posted 22 Dec 2017

qIrpJlQ.png

Gian

Banned
Also I did figure out something. Since the first home in the U.S. (after moving from the Philippines in 2001) was in Beverly, MA, that would make me a New Englander ITTL, right?

I would probably be voting for the Conservatives then (and maybe the Francophones just for the heck of it :D)

EDIT: Also, would you mind if you can whip up an infobox on Filipino-New Englanders @Kanan

Deleted member 92121

I would like to Know how do Catholics vote in the USA and in New England.
I would suppose Acadian Catholics would vote for PF, obviously. Other than that, I'm not so sure. I could see working class Catholics - i.e., Irish, Portuguese - voting for Labor.
This does lift the question: How have the Catholics been treated in New England? Since the country was slowly stablished around the turn of the 19th century(until it culminated in the Dominion in 1840), debates about the treatment of catholics were raging in Great Britain IOTL. By 1800 many of their rights were still curtailed. I imagine that in New England, with such a strong puritan formation, the situation must have been the same, or worse.

So, without the Constitution, how did their rights come to be stablished?

Would it be possible for you to colour this in? I'd be very grateful if you could.
For whatever it’s worth, I’d be happy to color the map in using the numbered ward map and the MPs wikibox for guidance. That way Kanan can focus more on the next round of wikiboxs

Re: Catholics - thank you so much for giving me a new topic to write about!! I'm gunna start doing some wikiboxes/write-ups about it and plan how I want to address it. I don't want to ad-hoc it like some other responses, it's pretty important to New England!

Status
Not open for further replies.