Status
Not open for further replies.
Stan Rogers is still alive? Yessss!

He is! He's a New England native, and has produced a wealth of songs about the Maritimes. He's considered a cultural icon of the country, and his songs capture New England maritime life.

Regrettably, this does mean that some songs (Northwest Passage) never come about.

Boston Power, Gas, & Water
H9kb0LY.png

Boston Power, Gas, & Water is the largest government-controlled public utility in North America, servicing nearly two million customers with electricity, natural gas, water, sewer, telephone, and internet services. The company was first formed by an act of Parliament in 1886 to jointly fund the expansion of natural gas piping in the City of Boston. The first expansion came in 1907 when Standard Oil of New England was broken up, and all Boston services were transferred to the then Boston Gas Cooperative. After Edison Electric NE went bankrupt in 1921, the Province of Massachusetts Bay purchased it from receivership and merged it with the BGC to form Boston Power & Gas. In 1954, Boston Power & Gas was merged with Boston's public water and sewer companies to form Boston Power, Gas, & Water.

BPGW has long held a monopoly on utility services in the Boston area, as the Corporation receives some subsidies from the City of Boston along with capital investments, making competition against it very difficult. Their rates have been criticised as some of the highest in New England, but the service normally receives high praise.

In 2002, as a means of finding a new revenue stream, the company offered dial-up internet services which was gradually replaced by broadband internet. There has been talk that the corporation will soon discontinue all landline telephone services, and sell off that division to another company to maintain.

Last edited:
Thank you! That means a lot. I strive for detail because one of my biggest things is how 'fake' some TLs will feel, so I want to make this one as real feeling as possible
Just out of curiosity what in your opinion makes a TL "feel" fake.

Just out of curiosity what in your opinion makes a TL "feel" fake.

It probably wasn't the best word, maybe "depth" would be better? Idk I see it as a sense of some TLs are just skin deep. They are great, don't get me wrong! But they just feel like window dressings and you don't get to see inside. This this TL I'm trying to get inside the store and check out everything from the lights to the chairs in the back.

Hopefully that makes sense haha

It probably wasn't the best word, maybe "depth" would be better? Idk I see it as a sense of some TLs are just skin deep. They are great, don't get me wrong! But they just feel like window dressings and you don't get to see inside. This this TL I'm trying to get inside the store and check out everything from the lights to the chairs in the back.

Hopefully that makes sense haha
Thats a really good explanation Thank you! Keep up the amazing work!

What if the loyalists lost in New England?
No matter what the question of, What if New Zealand was a world empire? will always cross my mind so just imagine me complaining about Prime Minister Zille and Still glorifying Jacinda Adern proposing we should make her our Monarch in this timeline.

Bulldoggus

Banned
@Kanan Oh my god, for like a week or two now, I was wondering, now hey, where did ADS go, is someone else taking over this thing? Now I feel like a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.