Status
Not open for further replies.
Dipcifica
Never again

JG3I.gif

(to be fair, mabifica is far better)

Good luck with moving house, @Kanan.

Thanks! It will be a lot of work...

You mean that I should shoot you a conversation if I want to contribute? Or can I just do so without notifying you?

Please send me a private message and we can coordinate :)

Congrats!

And its so much fun to read content that people love to create!

Im so so glad it shows and that you enjoy it <3

I'm really looking to the future updates for this timeline and your collab sounds cool as well. :)

And congrats on getting a house! :D

Thanks!!

I'm happy you're waiting for more haha. Trust me I have a lot in plan...

I am also working on a new collaborative project with two as-of-yet unnamed individuals (we hope to launch in August) which has taken a lot of my small remaining free time.
Commonwealth of Charlottia and Spanish Thomas Jefferson... Something along these lines? Can't wait too see what this project is.

A good world for democracy! Except if you live in France it seems. What happened in or to France to make it rather authoritarian, @Kanan ?

EDIT: South Africa is under Apartheid AFAIK? And Israel - what made Israel a totalitarian state?

@SaveAtlacamani

I think it's because of french algeria

"Today, France is accused of moving nearly ten thousand Muslims a year into the Southern Territories through direct transportation, or forcing them out of their homes through other methods. "

"As for being citizens, they are, they just abstain from voting because the FLN is banned to make sure there's no legitimacy."

South africa has several updates related to it, you should read them.

A good world for democracy! Except if you live in France it seems. What happened in or to France to make it rather authoritarian, @Kanan ?

EDIT: South Africa is under Apartheid AFAIK? And Israel - what made Israel a totalitarian state?

France has a full democratic system except in Algeria (which is considered an integral part of France). The people of southern Algeria are considered by France (and really only France) an independent country, and are thus banned from voting in French elections. Northern Algeria has heavy restrictions on native voting, including the forced deportation to the south of Algeria and actively breaking up independence-minded activities. This is considered an essential issue in French politics and wavering on beating the crap out of Algeria until it is submissive is as French as saying "God Bless America" in our USA.

South Africa is a white-dominated Apartheid dictatorial regime.

Israel is basically a radical state that is founded on the ideals of highly radicalised zionism. With no WW2 and accompanying tragedies, it is a rogue state composed of radical nationalists who zealously oppose land rights for non-Jewish settlers and attempt to encourage further immigration into Israel. It quickly squashed a two-state solution and was briefly supported by the USSR because they wanted it to kick the crap out of the USA and UK's Arab allies (which they did). Israel is not considered a world representative of the Jewish faith, and the actual centre of Judaism (ie where most of the world's population lives) is in Poland.

France has a full democratic system except in Algeria (which is considered an integral part of France). The people of southern Algeria are considered by France (and really only France) an independent country, and are thus banned from voting in French elections. Northern Algeria has heavy restrictions on native voting, including the forced deportation to the south of Algeria and actively breaking up independence-minded activities. This is considered an essential issue in French politics and wavering on beating the crap out of Algeria until it is submissive is as French as saying "God Bless America" in our USA.

South Africa is a white-dominated Apartheid dictatorial regime.

Israel is basically a radical state that is founded on the ideals of highly radicalised zionism. With no WW2 and accompanying tragedies, it is a rogue state composed of radical nationalists who zealously oppose land rights for non-Jewish settlers and attempt to encourage further immigration into Israel. It quickly squashed a two-state solution and was briefly supported by the USSR because they wanted it to kick the crap out of the USA and UK's Arab allies (which they did). Israel is not considered a world representative of the Jewish faith, and the actual centre of Judaism (ie where most of the world's population lives) is in Poland.

So France has a Bantustan in the Sahara then

Given the Soviet Union's still around, Mongolia's communist regime is probably well, too.
Yes, but the USSR ITTL is democratizing, so unless the Mongolian government is a continuation of the one set up by the old totalitarian Soviet regime there'd have to be another explanation for why Mongolia is so totalitarian.

Commonwealth: Suez Territory
gqqWVbb.png

The Suez Territory is a Crown Colony of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in northern Africa. The territory encompasses the strategic Suez Canal which was built and financed by a consortium of French and British interests. Originally known as the Suez Canal Zone, the territory around the canal evolved into a crown colony after the Egyptian Revolution which saw the rest of Egypt separate from the British Empire. The Suez Territory occupies a unique space of the British Commonwealth, with it not being a constituent country, but afforded more rights than normally given to a Crown Colony. The British Military is the largest employer in the territory, boasting the largest Royal Air Force Base outside of Great Britain, two Royal Navy bases, and the largest British military instillation in the world, Victoria Barracks. The territory has had Responsible Government since 1935.

The territory has a heavily militarized border with Israel which has occupied the Sinai Peninsula since capturing it during the Lightening War in the 1960s. While fighting between Britain and Israel has never been declared, there have been several skirmishes along the border wall which separates the two. Egypt maintains a border fence with the Suez Territory, and has reasserted its claim to the region in 2016 after renouncing sovereignty in 1964.

Port Victoria is the largest city in the territory, and holds over half of the territory's population. The territory has six cities and numerous towns and villages, and an ethnically diverse population. Just over fifty per cent of the population are Anglo, while another thirty per cent are Egyptians. The remaining twenty percent are mostly South Asians and other ethnic groups. Most Egyptians live either in the capital of Port Victoria or in the territory's rural areas.

The cities of New Shrewsbury and Haxey are the only two settlements which fully or partially occupy the Eastern Suez. Due to the geography and the volatile nature of Israel, settlement in this region is prohibited and normally restricted to military personnel. The city of Haxey serves as the main population centre for Royal Air Force Base Suez, while the New Shrewsbury neighbourhood of East Bank does not have any residential buildings and is instead limited to industrial and civic buildings. Suez City is the second largest city in the territory, and one of the busiest ports in the Commonwealth.

Wow TTL's Brits take commerce via the Canal very seriously! And do I detect a possible "For Want of a Nail" reference with the capital's name? Either way, great update!

Status
Not open for further replies.