Now is the Winter of Our Discontent

A coma is one way to save Buckingham's head, I suppose. Who's Lord Protector, I wonder? I'd say Eleanor could be Regent, but she's only just had her little Elizabeth.

Looking forward to more!

Will it surprise anyone if I say Richard made no plans for a Lord Protector or a Regency at all...
20201006_135347.jpg

🤣🤣🤣

Don't think he'll have the patience to write a book, one spelling mistake, aaaannnnd *gestures in fireplace's general direction*
Did ghost writers exist at the time? Though if Richard doesn't like the result the poor guy's head's going to roll of course.

Did ghost writers exist at the time? Though if Richard doesn't like the result the poor guy's head's going to roll of course.
I don't think so, they're more recent than the 16th century AFAIK.

Richard? Like the result? Lol, no. That guy would lose his head if he wrote the greatest book of all time, for no other reason than something stupid like "Richard hit his elbow on the door that day".......

I don't think so, they're more recent than the 16th century AFAIK.

Richard? Like the result? Lol, no. That guy would lose his head if he wrote the greatest book of all time, for no other reason than something stupid like "Richard hit his elbow on the door that day".......

Yes, well Richard is going to be delightful when he wakes up...in quite a while and well not terribly pleased when he finds people have been doing things without telling him even if he was unconscious.

Richard is always delightful at all times. He's a resonable, gentleman who always cherish those close to him. Who says otherwise of this wonderful king who will go down in history as one of greatest rulers of England? 😤
*insert witty and sarcastic reply which I can't think of rn*

OOC: I thought you were talking about OTL Richard III for a second there.

XXXXXXXI:1532

"And His Majesty still does not wake..." The Physician continued giving his report to the Council, at their head was Queen Eleanor who glanced around the room at the men assembled there.

"You will forgive me for asking," Eleanor said keeping her voice even, "As I am sure that you will know that I only voice this out of concern for our King and the rather...painful incident that occurred, but...will he wake? Are you certain? It has been a fortnight and His Majesty makes no sign of being roused,"

The Physician made a pained face, "I cannot speak on it Madam, Our Lord has his reasons for everything. Perhaps the King's body merely needs time to rest and recover but..."

"It has been a fortnight," Eleanor said calmly, "We of course all pray for the King to awaken and be in full health," She sincerely hoped that God would forgive her for lying through her teeth. "And yet we must not allow England to suffer in his absence, it is not what he would want,"

"Indeed not, Your Majesty," It is Thomas Howard, Duke of Norfolk, who speaks first. "If I may speak plainly, has His Majesty made plans for a regency or a Lord Protector? After all we know how it was only just a year ago that you birthed Lady Elizabeth and we would not want you to suffer through the strain,"

"Your concern does you merit, Lord Norfolk," Eleanor lied easily, "Our King being only forty had not made plans for such a thing, which brings us to...this certain dilemma," The lack of men close to the throne made it difficult, as well as the men that Richard had not alienated. The Duke of York would have been a sensible option, but the man has long since gone to God. Warwick perhaps but Richard would not take well to that and Eleanor did not wish to push it.

"If you would forgive me for being so bold," Norfolk said but his expression made Eleanor feel uneasy. "I would put myself forward, after all I am married to a noble lady of the House of York and I would -,"

He was cut off by the cacophony of shouts that came, all the members of the Privy Council nominating themselves for the position of Lord Protector.

"Gentlemen," Eleanor tried to call the room to order but no one listen as the room devolved into shouting and arguments. Every man wanted to be the Lord Protector and every man thought that they were better suited to it than all the others.

It was in short, a terrible mess.