Now is the Winter of Our Discontent

There seems to be an awful lot of short-sighted fools in that room. They clearly have learned nothing of how dangerous attracting Richard's attention is. The only thing I can figure is that most of them are planning to ensure Richard never wakes up should they get named "Lord Protector".

There seems to be an awful lot of short-sighted fools in that room. They clearly have learned nothing of how dangerous attracting Richard's attention is. The only thing I can figure is that most of them are planning to ensure Richard never wakes up should they get named "Lord Protector".

Ding Ding Ding...

Literally every other monarch: what a ****** idiot bruh moment.

Eleanor: I have to try and make this sound not as bad if the King wakes up because it will cost me my head if I make it apparent how blitheringly incompetent he is.
Eleanor: Only forty.
Eleanor: Nailed it.

Eleanor: I have to try and make this sound not as bad if the King wakes up because it will cost me my head if I make it apparent how blitheringly incompetent he is.
Eleanor: Only forty.
Eleanor: Nailed it.
Seriously tho, the memability of "only 40" is palpable.

The best way for Richard to not get a pillow pressed over his face for a prolonged time right now would be if Eleanor becomes regent. She's the one with the least reason to want to become a widow.

Richard really is an idiot for not having any kind of contingency plan, especially since his only legitimate child is an underage female. Also, I seriously doubt he would chop off Eleanor’s head, not unless he wants to lose his kingdom.

The best way for Richard to not get a pillow pressed over his face for a prolonged time right now would be if Eleanor becomes regent. She's the one with the least reason to want to become a widow.

Yep, though 'least reason' did make me giggle.

Richard really is an idiot for not having any kind of contingency plan, especially since his only legitimate child is an underage female. Also, I seriously doubt he would chop off Eleanor’s head, not unless he wants to lose his kingdom.

Well Richard's reign really is essentially a Monty Python sketch on how to merrily screw up being King. Well no he doesn't but given how volatile he is, it is...not out of the realm of possibly for old Dickie to have her bumped off and claim natural causes but he won't. However what he gets up to or threatens to when he wakes up is...a different matter.

Y'know, when a monarch has no legit children, and is about 40, you'd think they'd have at least laid out an entail, especially if their country has been through a civil war semi-recently.

But Richard? *speaks in fake accent* Noooooooo!

Y'know, when a monarch has no legit children, and is about 40, you'd think they'd have at least laid out an entail, especially if their country has been through a civil war semi-recently.

But Richard? *speaks in fake accent* Noooooooo!

I'm not entirely sure his plan wasn't to send someone out to locate the Fountain of Youth for him...

Richard is to narcissistic to acknowledge that he won't have a son so he can't face the possibility of making a entail. That would mean he's infalliable and we can't have that.

20201009_003611.jpg

I might make a couple of more memes in the morning.

I must wonder what the end point of this will be - end of Richard’s reign? End of his heir’s? A generation or two down the line?

It was a long project haha, though I can't say I'll in depth recap all of it for the sake of my sanity. I may get to a point and do more documentary style stuff...I have a bit of a fondness for our more modern Plantagenets so I'll probably want to do narrative things with them but we'll see.

It was a long project haha, though I can't say I'll in depth recap all of it for the sake of my sanity. I may get to a point and do more documentary style stuff...I have a bit of a fondness for our more modern Plantagenets so I'll probably want to do narrative things with them but we'll see.

Well, they do still keep family name despite Richard's daughter ascending? Does it mean she married Warwick cousin?

Well, they do still keep family name despite Richard's daughter ascending? Does it mean she married Warwick cousin?

They do but it's mostly because of who she marries and she marries twice and no she doesn't marry a Warwick though there are unions between those two lines.

They do but it's mostly because of who she marries and she marries twice and no she doesn't marry a Warwick though there are unions between those two lines.

Is there any other Plantagenet apart from Warwick? Maybe if Edmund Fitzroy (that bastard of Edward V) reproduced and had children one of them could marry Queen Regnant, because I don't believe in Charles of Somerset's progeny making it THAT far.

Is there any other Plantagenet apart from Warwick? Maybe if Edmund Fitzroy (that bastard of Edward V) reproduced and had children one of them could marry Queen Regnant, because I don't believe in Charles of Somerset's progeny making it THAT far.

Elizabeth has eight children so the numbers and extra Plantagenet lines get bumped up.