Welcome
  • This is basically a new version of this thread:

The timeline's getting rebooted, so yeah......

Also, for discussion and stuff like that, this thread will continue to be available:

So yeah.

Expect a update sometime this week.

IT'S BREATHING.....

Reboot activated......

1% COMPLETED

Coming Soon to a device(that can actually get this great site) near you...

Toys: Could Hasbro Be Our "Big Brother"?(a.k.a., The Beginning Of An Empire, Institution and Subculture)!
  • Toys: Could Hasbro Be Our "Big Brother"?
    From Time Magazine, December 19th, 1983

Hasbro | Brands of the World™ | Download vector logos and logotypes

Big Brother is watching, playing, and reading you...[1]

Just in time for Christmas, Stephen Hassenfeld, CEO and chariman of Hasbro Industries, Stan Lee, publisher of Marvel Comics, and David H. DePatie, president of Marvel Productions[2], collectively gave an exclusive meeting with the Time Magazine staff.

Starting in 1984, Hasbro is looking to reinvent itself as a multimedia juggernaut, helped profusely by the creators of X-Men's Juggernaut.

Oh, their toys and games will stay the same, but with Marvel's help, and the ownership of Claster Television for starters, the Hasbro name should hopefully remain in the minds of kids and adults for generations to come.

First things first: Next year, Marvel will debut two all-new labels for families: Star Comics and Hasbro Comics. Star Comics will have the likes of The Muppets, Heathcliff, Star Wars, and Marvel's own animation studio to bolster their lineup[3], while Hasbro Comics will be the new home for G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Transformers, and ROM: The Space Knight, plus other Hasbro IPs within the coming years. Spider-Ham might even get his own Star on the newsstand![4]

Second thing to note is that Marvel Productions will be making a Transformers cartoon next Fall, after seeing how successful the G.I. Joe series was in syndicated markets all over America. Maybe a My Little Pony series for the girls? Who knows?

Third, but not last, remember those lovable scamps that made Donkey Kong a few years back? Well, Hasbro's gonna help them launch a whole home console! Yes, this is after the E.T. video game made everyone sick of games. They'd better hope for a home run on this, but at least the Marvel connections and Hasbro's own toylines could try and recoup any losses that this may result in, and it probably will.[5]

So, keep your eyes on the lookout for Hasbro within the next 2-3 years, because after that point, you wouldn't want anyone else to make entertainment.[6]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the POD for the timeline. In this world, Hasbro doubles down on their ties to Marvel, and even gives Nintendo a call for future reference.

[1] Yes, this joke was intentional. Although, I only recently made the humorous connection between 1984 and 1984.

[2] If you know your Marvel Productions history, he won't be the president much longer...

[3] Most of the Star Comics issues would be Muppet-related for the first year or two, but Star Wars would be the runner-up.

[4] Another intentional joke, but this time entirely wholesome and vaudevillian.

[5] The crash of 83 is the only thing preventing me from writing an optimistic side to this section.

[6] That would hopefully be true, if we have anything to say about it.

[7] Thanks for the article @TheFaultsofAlts!

A Year Worth Marveling About!
  • Special thanks to @TheFaultsofAlts for this article!

A Year Worth Marveling About
    From Marvel Age, January 1984

Hey, true believers! Stan Lee here to tell you about our two new kids labels, coming later this year from Marvel Comics and your local news stand! [1]
    First off, G.I. Joe is moving to a new section of the comics rack. Introducing "Hasbro Comics", an all-new Marvel label for your favorite Hasbro Dream Team characters. But that's not all! Also coming this year to Hasbro Comics is:
    -The Transformers
    -Micronauts: The New Voyages [2]
    -X-Men and the Micronauts
    -ROM: The Space Knight
    -Starriors
    -The Charmkins
    -Dungeons and Dragons [3]

That's right! Our old buddy ROM is moving to greener pastures at Hasbro Comics as well. [4] And even better, those Transformers fellers are getting the animated treatment at Marvel Productions, our own animation studio!

However, for the other kids who want to read their favorite characters, but aren't ready to check out the Hasbro line, we've got another children's label all warmed up for you guys. We call it "Star Comics", and we've got a bold lineup there as well!
    -The Muppets Take Manhattan
    -Meatballs and Spaghetti
    -Pandamonium [5]
    -U.S. 1 (Final issues!) [6]
    -Heathcliff

We even signed deals with Kermit the Frog and Luke Skywalker to bring the Muppet Babies and the Star Wars universe to Star Comics in 1985. What could be better?

So, when you get a chance, stop on by more often in 1984, because the merry Marvel makers are making even more magic this year!

Excelsior!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [1] I wrote this from Stan Lee's perspective because this was back when he was at his peak. And if you're gonna promote new kids comics from Marvel, why not get him to say good words about them?

[2] Micronauts isn't really a Hasbro toyline yet, but it will eventually in this timeline. Consider this a retroactive futureproofing of the comics rack here.

[3] This D&D comic is based on the animated series, which was from Marvel Productions in 1983, the same year and studio that was responsible for the G.I. Joe series in syndication. And of course, D&D is currently one of Hasbro's big brands.

Oh, and in this comic, we finally get to see them make it home in the end.

[4] One big benefit of having a Hasbro-Marvel alliance start in the 80s and never stop is that ROM can be put into the Marvel Universe for good.

[5] Both of these shows were already canceled by the time Star Comics got around to them, but if I didn't use the Marvel Productions label this early on, what else would they have?

[6] Even though the U.S.-1 Trucks are from Tyco, Tyco would be bought by Mattel. This means that they wouldn't fit into the Hasbro Comics label, not even before the acquisition.