More than Meets the Eye: An OPEN COLLAB DISCUSSION TL By Otakuninja2006

Maybe he should buy Children's Television Workshop? But I wouldn't have the promotional stuff at CTW reflect the new ownership if this does happen.

Does that sound okay?
Children's Television Workshop? THE CTW THAT'S RESPONSIBLE FOR SEASME STREET?

Consider it done!

They could also get/start-up:
  • MTV Networks(excluding MTV itself, it would go to Ted Turner)
  • Viacom
  • Lorimar Television
  • Hyperion Pictures
  • HA! Creatureworks
  • Pixar(50%)
  • Ruby-Spears
  • Cosgrove-Hall
  • a stake in SBC(the broadcast network started by Bally's ITTL)
  • Streamline Pictures
  • Star Wars
  • Dungeons and Dragons
  • merge with Saban and Fremantle-Hallmark
By the way, I decided to just do 2 CN fantasy schedules, the pre-upfront one and the post-upfront one...

I'm saving the crazy one for later this year...

Children's Television Workshop? THE CTW THAT'S RESPONSIBLE FOR SEASME STREET?

Consider it done!
Yes, that CTW. And thank you.
They could also get/start-up:
  • MTV Networks(excluding MTV itself, it would go to Ted Turner)
  • Viacom
  • Lorimar Television
  • Hyperion Pictures
  • HA! Creatureworks
  • Pixar(50%)
  • Ruby-Spears
  • Cosgrove-Hall
  • a stake in SBC(the broadcast network started by Bally's ITTL)
  • Streamline Pictures
  • Star Wars
  • Dungeons and Dragons
  • merge with Saban and Fremantle-Hallmark
Of these potential companies, I think Lorimar, Ruby-Spears, and D&D would be among the best possible acquisitions.

Grabbing Lorimar would help them expand into primetime, since that studio was responsible for shows ranging from The Waltons to Full House.
Acquiring the post-1991 Ruby-Spears content and studio could let them enter a new age under Henson.
And getting the rights to Dungeons and Dragons would open up a new avenue of profit for Jim Henson, practically quadruple the company's awareness in nerd fandom, and become a major tentpole of the entire Henson name in about 1-2 years.
By the way, I decided to just do 2 CN fantasy schedules, the pre-upfront one and the post-upfront one...

I'm saving the crazy one for later this year...
I understand. That was probably too ambitious to tackle six fantasy schedules in just over a month. Plus, having a pre-upfront schedule, a post-upfront schedule, and a crazy schedule on their 30th anniversary, is probably the best outcome.

And if you think I didn't figure out why you would save the crazy lineup for later this year, you would be mistaken.

Yes, that CTW. And thank you.

Of these potential companies, I think Lorimar, Ruby-Spears, and D&D would be among the best possible acquisitions.

Grabbing Lorimar would help them expand into primetime, since that studio was responsible for shows ranging from The Waltons to Full House.
Acquiring the post-1991 Ruby-Spears content and studio could let them enter a new age under Henson.
And getting the rights to Dungeons and Dragons would open up a new avenue of profit for Jim Henson, practically quadruple the company's awareness in nerd fandom, and become a major tentpole of the entire Henson name in about 1-2 years.
That's great! That's why I chose those, and Viacom/MTV Networks(excluding MTV). They could have a network division, and with creative peopleworking at Jim Henson, this should be great, even all the more so once they merge with Saban and Fremantle-Hallmark!
I understand. That was probably too ambitious to tackle six fantasy schedules in just over a month. Plus, having a pre-upfront schedule, a post-upfront schedule, and a crazy schedule on their 30th anniversary, is probably the best outcome.

And if you think I didn't figure out why you would save the crazy lineup for later this year, you would be mistaken.
Yeah.....

I already have to finish some myself as is.....

I figured you'd find out the reason why I saved the crazy one for October.

The pre-upfront one is coming along! I've done all of prime-time and Adult Swim/Toonami, I've done Saturday mornings, weekday afternoons and half of Cartoonito so far. If all goes well, except it tonight!

That's great! That's why I chose those, and Viacom/MTV Networks(excluding MTV). They could have a network division, and with creative people working at Jim Henson, this should be great, even all the more so once they merge with Saban and Fremantle-Hallmark!
I'd rather have Henson buy just MTV Networks, while Viacom merges with Saban and Fremantle-Hallmark. We can still get the benefits that you suggested at Jim Henson, but without much of the infamous declining at Nickelodeon and TV Land.

Besides, having Sesame Street, Nickelodeon, and Saban Entertainment would be too much, and I think the Noggin cable channel would be a greater investment of brand synergy for kids over a Saban partnership.

But if you still want them to enter a partnership at least, maybe we can have the Creature Shop make monster designs for Saban's original takes on Power Rangers.
Yeah.....

I already have to finish some myself as is.....
Yeah. Not to mention how the 2020s is beyond your scope of television awareness, since you prefer the 80s, 90s, and 2000s.
I figured you'd find out the reason why I saved the crazy one for October.
Truthfully, it took some thinking while I was writing my answer before I really got the reason.

But that couldn't be a better day to try a crazy schedule.
The pre-upfront one is coming along! I've done all of prime-time and Adult Swim/Toonami, I've done Saturday mornings, weekday afternoons and half of Cartoonito so far. If all goes well, except it tonight!
Fantastic! I didn't expect it to potentially be THAT soon!

I'd rather have Henson buy just MTV Networks, while Viacom merges with Saban and Fremantle-Hallmark. We can still get the benefits that you suggested at Jim Henson, but without much of the infamous declining at Nickelodeon and TV Land.
Why? Viacom wouldn't have much notable without MTV Networks......

Well, I guess they could still buy the networks division, but then we could have Viacom GET BROUGHT OUT BY Saban and Fremantle-Hallmark....
Besides, having Sesame Street, Nickelodeon, and Saban Entertainment would be too much, and I think the Noggin cable channel would be a greater investment of brand synergy for kids over a Saban partnership.
Why is that? They're all small....

By doing this, you're making one big company, saving them from being brought out by other companies that'll probably do something stupid.....

We could still have the merger, just years apart, Saban in 1996 and Fremantle-Hallmark in say, 2001 or 2005...

And Saban would get them The Family Channel!

And would give them a upper-up in the anime/action animation/tokusatsu business as well.
But if you still want them to enter a partnership at least, maybe we can have the Creature Shop make monster designs for Saban's original takes on Power Rangers.
I guess that could also work.
Yeah. Not to mention how the 2020s is beyond your scope of television awareness, since you prefer the 80s, 90s, and 2000s.
No, no, no, I am perfectly aware of 2020's television, I just don't like it and thinks most of it sucks now compared to even 2015.....
Truthfully, it took some thinking while I was writing my answer before I really got the reason.

But that couldn't be a better day to try a crazy schedule.

Fantastic! I didn't expect it to potentially be THAT soon!
Yeah.....

I'll go finish it up now in fact.

Why? Viacom wouldn't have much notable without MTV Networks......
Yes, but Saban could expand beyond Fox Kids and SBC by having Viacom distribute their shows to non-exclusive weekday syndication. That would be notable.
Well, I guess they could still buy the networks division, but then we could have Viacom GET BROUGHT OUT BY Saban and Fremantle-Hallmark....
To be honest, this is a better idea..
Why is that? They're all small....
CTW, MTV Networks, and Saban are all small? But they've made such big impacts on children's television that I thought they were all big companies.
By doing this, you're making one big company, saving them from being brought out by other companies that'll probably do something stupid.....
I see. This sounds nicer than I assumed.
We could still have the merger, just years apart, Saban in 1996 and Fremantle-Hallmark in say, 2001 or 2005...
I like this, but I'd prefer if the Henson-Saban/Fremantle-Hallmark merger happened in 2005.
And Saban would get them The Family Channel!
YES!
And would give them a upper-up in the anime/action animation/tokusatsu business as well.
Of course!
I guess that could also work.
Well, at the current trajectory of Henson and Saban, this could still happen, but with little to no legal drama from an internal partnership like this.
No, no, no, I am perfectly aware of 2020's television, I just don't like it and thinks most of it sucks now compared to even 2015.....
Understandable.
Yeah.....

I'll go finish it up now in fact.
Okay.

Yes, but Saban could expand beyond Fox Kids and SBC by having Viacom distribute their shows to non-exclusive weekday syndication. That would be notable.

To be honest, this is a better idea..
Yeah.
CTW, MTV Networks, and Saban are all small? But they've made such big impacts on children's television that I thought they were all big companies.
By themselves, they look small....
I see. This sounds nicer than I assumed.

I like this, but I'd prefer if the Henson-Saban/Fremantle-Hallmark merger happened in 2005.
Yeah, but at the exact same time, I'd prefer Saban got brought out or merged in 1996 because I have plans, especially for Jetix and their combined animation library.
YES!

Of course!

Well, at the current trajectory of Henson and Saban, this could still happen, but with little to no legal drama from an internal partnership like this.

Understandable.

Okay.
Yeah to it all.

*******THREAD NOTICE********

I will soon be making this thread the home for my TL. This timeline is mainly focused on animation and kids' TV in North America. This would actually be tied into my bigger TL(still in development)

*******Watch This Space***********

NOTICE: FROM NOW ON, THIS THREAD WILL SERVE AS THE HOME OF MY TELEVISION/ANIMATION/CHILDREN'S TV TIMELINE, HENCE THE "MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE" TITLE.

WATCH THIS SPACE...

Ian78657

Banned
I was thinking that we could have The Incredibles released as a 2D traditional hand-drawn animated film produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation instead of Pixar and we could have The Incredibles as part of the Disney Animated Canon's film ITTL.

Last edited:
The Start of a Revolution
Now, I officially present to you......

THE OFFICIAL START OF THIS TIMELINE!!!!!!!!!!

This TL begins in 1990 and runs into the present day.

Anyone is free to collab.

Any suggestions? Feel free to shoot me a message on my profile!

This is just a thread for a portion of my REAL TL I'm working on. Might try to get someone else to do the other parts.....

Now, let's get the show on the road!​

Last edited:
Kids' TV/Youth/Animation Blocks and Networks as of 1990.
Programming Blocks:
  • ABC(Saturday Mornings)
  • CBS Kidzone
  • SAMNBC(Saturday AM NBC)
  • Fox Kids
  • SBT Funhub!
  • PBS
  • Syndication
    • The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera
    • USA Cartoon Express
    • TBS Disaster Area
    • TNT BAM!
Channels:
  • The Disney Channel
  • The Family Channel
  • The Cartoon Network
  • Nickelodeon

Programming Blocks:
  • ABC(Saturday Mornings)
  • CBS Kidzone
  • SAMNBC(Saturday AM NBC)
  • Fox Kids
  • SBT Funhub!
  • PBS
  • Syndication
    • The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera
    • USA Cartoon Express
    • TBS Disaster Area
    • TNT BAM!
Channels:
  • The Disney Channel
  • The Family Channel
  • The Cartoon Network
  • Nickelodeon
A great start to this new direction!

Do you think you can tell us what the flagship shows are for some of these blocks and networks?

As of 1990, to clarify.

Last edited: