Massively Multiplayer: Gaming In The New Millennium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. Harvey and Ophelia.
In ITTL and if i have been known to TCs since then (and older), i would likely not campaign Harvey, Franklin's and probably also Emily's retirement but i would likely campaign Ophelia, and Gert for one. While campaigning storms for retirement i might gone highly bigotric and imaginative for that and might gone psuedoscientific, very sadly. :(
That was my bad facts if i am going into meteorology though, and i felt bad from it. I should go away from it, not closer to it but.... still i wanted to be closer into it. Ugh, what happened i am is?!
Okay. That's was my comment about the update "Dangerous 2005 Hurricane Season". I don't have any other opinions for whole TL, only this update that got this comment.

Last edited:
The blued out info is about the Great Recession. I take it the Great Recession is going to be more damaging. Might a car company such as GM or Chrysler go defunct, along with say Best Buy instead of Circuit City and other major retailers (early death of Sears/Kmart, Macy's, Radio Shack, etc) that survived to today?

I've been thinking about this for a while now. I was kind of hoping the Great Recession just wouldn't happen. I'm no economist, but perhaps the seeds that sowed it were lost to the wind, ya know?

Man, I hope Chrysler turns out ok...

At least Kanye won't be mad at the president. Right?

Right, no Kanye controversy.

Same reasons as OTL, pretty much.

Speaking of retailers, has the game stop/eb games merger happened yet? My local game stop opened up in August and started off as an eb games.

This would be about the time they merged IOTL, but for right now I'm going to say EB Games survives a bit longer as a separate entity ITTL.

Hope Adrienne Shelly's death is avoided ITTL...

It is.

Well. Harvey and Ophelia.
In ITTL and if i have been known to TCs since then (and older), i would likely not campaign Harvey, Franklin's and probably also Emily's retirement but i would likely campaign Ophelia, and Gert for one. While campaigning storms for retirement i might gone highly bigotric and imaginative for that and might gone psuedoscientific, very sadly. :(
That was my bad facts if i am going into meteorology though, and i felt bad from it. I should go away from it, not closer to it but.... still i wanted to be closer into it. Ugh, what happened i am is?!
Okay. That's was my comment about the update "Dangerous 2005 Hurricane Season". I don't have any other opinions for whole TL, only this update that got this comment.

The retired hurricanes from the 2005 season are as follows:

Emily
Gert
Harvey
Ophelia
Rita

I've been thinking about this for a while now. I was kind of hoping the Great Recession just wouldn't happen. I'm no economist, but perhaps the seeds that sowed it were lost to the wind, ya know?

Man, I hope Chrysler turns out ok...

The Great Recession was caused the deregulation of the 1980's and 90's such as the repeal of Glass-Steagall in 1999. Only way to prevent it would be to have a non New Democrat in the White House, something the POD of the timeline could not prevent, so it will happen. Gore's presidency may delay it a few months or a year, but it will still happen by 2010.

The Great Recession was caused the deregulation of the 1980's and 90's such as the repeal of Glass-Steagall in 1999. Only way to prevent it would be to have a non New Democrat in the White House, something the POD of the timeline could not prevent, so it will happen. Gore's presidency may delay it a few months or a year, but it will still happen by 2010.
I hope it won't get worse as Second 1929..

That's good that Adrienne Shelly's death is avoided; I watched a crime program on her murder and, God, what a senseless crime. The cops initially thought it was suicide, but her husband thought it was murder and kept pushing until the cops began uncovering the evidence that it was murder (it was a teenage El Salvadoran who committed the murder; she caught him robbing her and threatened to call the police, so he panicked, because he feared being deported); that event seems like it could be butterflied away...

She had a toddler daughter, too (who appeared as Keri Russell's daughter at the end of Waitress). What a tragedy all around...

Last edited:
That is sad indeed. The creator is a bad person and what he did Is degusting but its still sad to lose such a huge site.

Actually, how is Neogaf doing ITL, if it exits at all?

It's still around as of 2017, it's not called Neogaf but it's not called the Gaming Age Forums anymore either. It's also under different management than IOTL.

The Billboard #1 Hits Of 2005
January 1: “Surge” by Nina Sky
January 8: “If You Don't Want Me” by No Doubt
January 15: “If You Don't Want Me” by No Doubt
January 22: “How Sweet You Are” by Mario
January 29: “How Sweet You Are” by Mario
February 5: “How Sweet You Are” by Mario
February 12: “How Sweet You Are” by Mario
February 19: “How Sweet You Are” by Mario
February 26: “How Sweet You Are” by Mario
March 5: “Wasted” by The Grifter
March 12: “Wasted” by The Grifter
March 19: “Wasted” by The Grifter
March 26: “High Stakes” by Lizzy Wells
April 2: “High Stakes” by Lizzy Wells
April 9: “Check Yo Pulse” by Usher
April 16: “Check Yo Pulse” by Usher
April 23: “Check Yo Pulse” by Usher
April 30: “Check Yo Pulse” by Usher
May 7: “Check Yo Pulse” by Usher
May 14: “Check Yo Pulse” by Usher
May 21: “Feel Good Inc.” by Gorillaz
May 28: “Check Yo Pulse” by Usher
June 4: “Check Yo Pulse” by Usher
June 11: “Check Yo Pulse” by Usher
June 18: “Check Yo Pulse” by Usher
June 25: “Umbrella” by Mandy Moore
July 2: “Last Night, First Fight” by Indira Villa
July 9: “Last Night, First Fight” by Indira Villa
July 16: “Last Night, First Fight” by Indira Villa
July 23: “Pon de Replay” by Rihanna
July 30: “Pon de Replay” by Rihanna
August 6: “Pon de Replay” by Rihanna
August 13: “Pon de Replay” by Rihanna
August 20: “Pon de Replay” by Rihanna
August 27: “Pon de Replay” by Rihanna
September 3: “Pon de Replay” by Rihanna
September 10: “Pon de Replay” by Rihanna
September 17: “Pon de Replay” by Rihanna
September 24: “Pon de Replay” by Rihanna
October 1: “These Savior Wings” by Carrie Underwood and Jenny Stigile
October 8: “Pon de Replay” by Rihanna
October 15: “Pon de Replay” by Rihanna
October 22: "Gold Digger" by Kanye West
October 29: "Gold Digger" by Kanye West
November 5: "Gold Digger" by Kanye West
November 12: “Hug It Out” by Outkast
November 19: “Hug It Out” by Outkast
November 26: “It's A Woman's World” by Destiny's Child ft. Julieta Venegas
December 3: “It's A Woman's World” by Destiny's Child ft. Julieta Venegas
December 10: “It's A Woman's World” by Destiny's Child ft. Julieta Venegas
December 17: “It's A Woman's World” by Destiny's Child ft. Julieta Venegas
December 24: “It's A Woman's World” by Destiny's Child ft. Julieta Venegas
December 31: “It's A Woman's World” by Destiny's Child ft. Julieta Venegas

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Man, it kinda goes without saying, but the pop culture (and politics) of the 2010s will be nearly unrecognizable from OTL's, probably. I only recognize two songs on that list ("Gold Digger" and "Feel Good Inc."), but man, this changes nothing on how much I am enjoying this TL so far.

Aside from this, I have been meaning to ask about how butterflies affected the development of Windows operating systems. Do we still get XP in TTL? Any other notable changes up to 2005?

Man, it kinda goes without saying, but the pop culture (and politics) of the 2010s will be nearly unrecognizable from OTL's, probably. I only recognize two songs on that list ("Gold Digger" and "Feel Good Inc."), but man, this changes nothing on how much I am enjoying this TL so far.

Aside from this, I have been meaning to ask about how butterflies affected the development of Windows operating systems. Do we still get XP in TTL? Any other notable changes up to 2005?
and the pod was set in the 1990s, how things change so fast.

"Pon de Replay" is also a real song too, but it was held back from #1 because it just couldn't get past Mariah Carey's huge #1 song that year. ITTL, Mariah Carey's next CD has been delayed to either 2006 or 2007, and this allows Rihanna to take that #1 spot. In the same way that Indira Villa (an original TTL artist of African-American and Latin descent whose music blends the R+B/Latin genres) and the Destiny's Child/Julita Venegas collaboration is sort of the tail end of the Latin boom blending into the current R+B centric boom, Rihanna's slightly earlier rise to #1 is the R+B boom blending into the "late 00s teen pop star" era we'll get later on with Taylor Swift (voicing Toph is not going to stop her from being a spectacularly huge pop star) and others.

So far, Windows is pretty much the same as IOTL, the slightly increased success of the Xbox and the X-Zone push haven't really affected the computer side of Microsoft's business ventures. So Windows XP is still the current big thing. We MIGHT see some changes coming with TTL's Vista (or Vista equivalent).

"Pon de Replay" is also a real song too, but it was held back from #1 because it just couldn't get past Mariah Carey's huge #1 song that year. ITTL, Mariah Carey's next CD has been delayed to either 2006 or 2007, and this allows Rihanna to take that #1 spot. In the same way that Indira Villa (an original TTL artist of African-American and Latin descent whose music blends the R+B/Latin genres) and the Destiny's Child/Julita Venegas collaboration is sort of the tail end of the Latin boom blending into the current R+B centric boom, Rihanna's slightly earlier rise to #1 is the R+B boom blending into the "late 00s teen pop star" era we'll get later on with Taylor Swift (voicing Toph is not going to stop her from being a spectacularly huge pop star) and others.

So far, Windows is pretty much the same as IOTL, the slightly increased success of the Xbox and the X-Zone push haven't really affected the computer side of Microsoft's business ventures. So Windows XP is still the current big thing. We MIGHT see some changes coming with TTL's Vista (or Vista equivalent).
Will the Window XP sound effects still become a meme ITTL?

Status
Not open for further replies.