Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the original 12 colonies in the Columbian Revolution, New Yorkshire was named after the English county of Yorkshire, where its founder was from. The state was one of the first states to properly join the United States of Columbia in the mid 1780's, after the constitution was redrafted. It shares a border states with the USC's first Autonomous State, Iroquois, and the French Dominion of Louisiana, as well as six other full states in the Union. It is best known for its industry and manufacturing, but is in competition with the Midwestern states and maybe overtaken in the next few years in terms of manufacturing and consumer output.
new_yorkshire_by_theplainsman-dbybkfm.png

fashbasher

Banned
Streamlined Age of Civs map that could hang on a classroom wall in my main universe. I was going for a 4-coloring but because of the many islands that could be ambiguous I wound up using 5 colors instead. Light grey represents the Caribbean "homeworld", medium grey represents unorganized areas, and dark grey represents uninhabited landmasses.

NLNld8G.png

Broad ideological classifications of each state.

Reds and burgundies = Orderly left-wing states. (Dark equals more authoritarian)
Oranges and rich browns = Orderly centrist states.
Yellows and olives = Orderly right-wing states.

Purples = Mixed left-wing states.
Desaturated browns = Mixed centrist states.
Limes = Mixed right-wing states.

Blues = Disorderly left-wing states.
Teals = Disorderly centrist states.
Pure greens = Disorderly right-wing states.

Light grey = Federations with minimal central government.
Medium grey = Anarchy. Includes pioneering as well as scattered settlements with no concept of central government.
Dark grey = Uninhabited.

Last edited:
zlPXyES.png

The New England Bureau of Records and Statistics commissioned a series of maps around the world in the early 1930s. The first I've shown here was the Dominion of Canada. Now, the home country itself, the Commonwealth of New England is seen as she was in the 1930s, complete with the major railway lines in the nation, all provincial borders, and several major cities. Still debating on adding county borders, of if I should add state/province borders for Canada and the United States.

Ranad

Banned
zlPXyES.png

The New England Bureau of Records and Statistics commissioned a series of maps around the world in the early 1930s. The first I've shown here was the Dominion of Canada. Now, the home country itself, the Commonwealth of New England is seen as she was in the 1930s, complete with the major railway lines in the nation, all provincial borders, and several major cities. Still debating on adding county borders, of if I should add state/province borders for Canada and the United States.
Wtf
All your posts are amazing

zlPXyES.png

...She's beautiful. I love love love love that border with the US! (US still or something else?) Plus, Adirondack is SUCH a good name for a state, where did you find it?

Wtf
All your posts are amazing

Thanks!

I have both a lot of time on my hands, and access to Photoshop at my home from my job (Part of what I do is in graphic design)

...She's beautiful. I love love love love that border with the US! (US still or something else?) Plus, Adirondack is SUCH a good name for a state, where did you find it?

Thank you!

It is indeed still the United States of America. I'm working on her map next. I plan on moving down the Americas and then I will do a Europe one, all from the same universe. I choose the name Adirondack for the Mountains that compose the majority of the province.

Hapsburg

Banned
This is for a TTRPG my wife is DMing. Setting is your typical medieval fantasy, but fleshed out with sociopolitical reasons for how things are.

A series of calamities occurred at the start of the 5th century of the Imperial Age. The elite dragonriders, who maintained peace in the Empire, were slaughtered and their temples and manors were torched, all by their own dragons, who disappeared beyond the western horizon. To the east, roving tribes of orcs arrived and began raiding and pillaging deep into the human barbarian client kingdoms at the frontier.
This is the world around the year 400, when the orcs appeared. By the end of the century, the empire would be gone, swallowed by civil war and a full-scale invasion by the orc khans.
Year 400.png

New Brunswick, along with Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, were released as a unified Dominion with the rest of New England's provinces in 1841. All 13 of New England's provinces (as well as Quebec) refused to join in the American revolution, and remained loyal to Great Britain.

Faeelin

Banned
New Brunswick, along with Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, were released as a unified Dominion with the rest of New England's provinces in 1841. All 13 of New England's provinces (as well as Quebec) refused to join in the American revolution, and remained loyal to Great Britain.
Huh. Pretty different Revolution from ours then, I guess.

One of the original 12 colonies in the Columbian Revolution, New Yorkshire was named after the English county of Yorkshire, where its founder was from. The state was one of the first states to properly join the United States of Columbia in the mid 1780's, after the constitution was redrafted. It shares a border states with the USC's first Autonomous State, Iroquois, and the French Dominion of Louisiana, as well as six other full states in the Union. It is best known for its industry and manufacturing, but is in competition with the Midwestern states and maybe overtaken in the next few years in terms of manufacturing and consumer output.

Nice! How was the border of the Iroquois autonomy mapped out? One would think there would be an effort to demarcate with rivers, watersheds or straight lines.

Still debating on adding county borders, of if I should add state/province borders for Canada and the United States.

Seems like it would be unnecessarily cluttered to me, but would like to see a map of the alt-USA with states if it's not too much trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.