Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom clancy's Endwar
TDT---Kartenvorlage-2.png

This is a modified map I got from a Map Game. I made it into a river with a small lake and an island in the center. The area somewhere in Lower Egypt, near the Nile Delta and the river is clearly the Nile. This is tiny Greco-Roman Settlement with only a few buildings and house only around 89 people. Its main transport is mainly through trade via the Nile and one of the sources of meat is fish, which is plentiful in the area. A small farm is growing exotic trees of Bananas from the Nubian Traders, it funds most of the economy of the tiny settlement as Fish and Bananas are the only goods that supplies the populace and economy.

I would be grateful for your feedback! :closedeyesmile:

So, which Gods do they worship?

Can it grow?

Any Temples?

By the mid 1970s Moscow-Beijing relations have improved significantly (mostly due to a new generation taking control). As a sign of improving relations the world saw the 'E10' group formed, consisting of the 9 largest 'free' economies and India: Eurasia, Germany, Brazil, China, the Ottomans, Ukraine, Arab Confederation, Italy, and Thailand. Hoping to work together to ensure prosperity for people across the world the first E10 meeting was held in Vienna. The meetings drew protests over human rights issues in China, India, and Arab Confederation, but was mostly seen as a success (though German and Indian officials failed to reach any agreements over the South Africa-Mozambique relations).

The USSA has been left with a feeling of increasing isolation. As such they've begun more interventionist in their allied nations, with increasing numbers of advisors arriving in various communist nations, especially in the new Democratic Republic of Nigeria where ongoing fighting against various Islamic rebel groups has made the nation dependent upon aid from Washington. Negotiations also opened with a curious England, but haven't yet gone anywhere as the English remain isolationist leaning.

Tied to USSA intervention and the expulsion of Niger from the Arab Confederation (primarely due to corruption and dissatisfaction amongst Niger's populace over Cairo's influence and ensuing protests) is a rise in international terrorism. Both African nationalists and Islamic extremists have risen as an issue, though both remain limited to geographic zones (Subsaharan African and Muslim nations respectively).

France has finally been given the start of independence, with certain regions in the South West being freed of occupation and Istanbul agreeing to end the occupation within the decade. Japanese citizens held a number of peaceful protests in Chinese and Russian occupied regions, however attempts to protest in the USSA occupied region were broken quickly with mass arrests. Living standards variations between the occupation zones have also grown more visible as time goes on, and while the Chinese regions have recently seen investment and improvements the USSA occupied regions have stagnated.

reversecold.png

Gian

Banned
I'm trying to figure out if it's plausible to have a multi-religious Central Asia (with Zoroastrians, Manichaeans, and Nestorians as well as Muslims and Tengriists) and a Shia/Zoroastrian Iran, if that's even possible at all.

I'm trying to figure out if it's plausible to have a multi-religious Central Asia (with Zoroastrians, Manichaeans, and Nestorians as well as Muslims and Tengriists) and a Shia/Zoroastrian Iran, if that's even possible at all.
The area is highly diverse OTL, if small minorities can find refuge in various valleys and across arid regions surely religions can too? (Hoping for some Buddhism in there...)

By the mid 1970s Moscow-Beijing relations have improved significantly (mostly due to a new generation taking control). As a sign of improving relations the world saw the 'E10' group formed, consisting of the 9 largest 'free' economies and India: Eurasia, Germany, Brazil, China, the Ottomans, Ukraine, Arab Confederation, Italy, and Thailand. Hoping to work together to ensure prosperity for people across the world the first E10 meeting was held in Vienna. The meetings drew protests over human rights issues in China, India, and Arab Confederation, but was mostly seen as a success (though German and Indian officials failed to reach any agreements over the South Africa-Mozambique relations)

So how is life in the USSA, Russia, Germany, Spain, India, and the Arab Confederation?

How is technology?

Anything going up into space?

Anything about pop culture in this world we should know about?

What do the varying colors represent?
theyre different secceding groups, the core south secceeded together as a type of unitary state, Oklahoma, arkansas, tenessee, and northcarolina stayed independent associated sates, and texas and Utah are their own republics

Still working on the legend for the last map I posted, but here's another WIP. This is Lyra's world from the His Dark Materials series.

First map I've ever seen, IRC, of this world. One of my favorite pieces of literature. I eagerly await for the finished product.

So how is life in the USSA, Russia, Germany, Spain, India, and the Arab Confederation?

How is technology?

Anything going up into space?

Anything about pop culture in this world we should know about?

I forgot to mention the space race. I knew I was missing something.:coldsweat:

The Russians managed to land a two man team for June 28th 1975, having had to rush the project a bit more than they wanted to (launching almost 3 months early) when they managed to catch wind the Americans were aiming for a July 4th landing the same year. There would be significant outrage 15 years later when a retiring Eurasia Space Department administrator revealed the level of risks taken in the rush. The Americans meanwhile managed their launch two days later, the rockets having been more or less ready in case of bad weather forcasted for the actual launch date. The American mission and Russian mission actually had brief radio contact where the two crews congratulated the other, the Americans landing on July 1st instead of the planned July 4th, an event the rushing Space Exploration Bureau hadn't stopped to realise would cause supiciously enthusiastic celebrations in Canada. That team did return to Earth for July 4th, which sevred US propaganda well enough (though Canadians continued to celebrate 'landing day' a little too much).

Technology by this point is a little ahead of OTL, though not significantly. We're talking a couple years or so, and is a bit behind on some antiobiotics technology and the like (though pushing ahead with virology, Russians always prefered phages to antibiotics). As for pop culture, Ottoman cinema is the leading exporting force for world movies, though both India and the USSA actually produce more movies for internal consumption and the Chinese are starting to catch up to Ottoman production values (as for Russians, the regulations made starting studios in the Ottoman Empire easier so they set themselves up nicely there form the start and it's basically one system with more work done in Turkey which is marginally cheaper). Music has a lot more Middle-Eastern and Eastern-European influence, Rock And Roll is rather political here, being 'music of the revolution' and kept quite fifties (that's right USSA military marches with a more communist 'Johnny B. Goode' playing for television audiences is more or less right, in place of Red Army Choir music). Ballet is more successful.

As for life in various countries, things haven't changed that much in the last ~8 years. The USSA has grown more dictatorial as paranoia over 'capitalist infiltrators' has grown to be the new big thing as the current triumverate try to distract from their growing power with show trial witch hunts (like mirror McCarthyism on steroids). Russia and surroundings are seeing more urbanisation and suburbanisation as people gradually grow richer, natural gas production is up and beginning to power large chunks of China and Europe. The Arab Confederation is actually starting to grumble about it as Iran and Eurasia drive down fossil fuel prices (and finding their bribing the populace for complacency more difficult) as such the Arab Confederation is stumbling towards democratic reform. Germany has finally mostly recovered from the 9 Years War, though they remain semi-bankrupt and keep seeing public service protests, still things are only about on par with OTL's UK's darker days. Spain is remaining weirdly friendly to capitalist powers while remaining solidly communist, but the economy only has so much going for it if they can't either make up with the USSA or Capitalists. India is sort of like Spain, but has a lot more people and has begun to compete with China as the 'mass produces cheap things' centre of the world.

Oh and I forgot to mention the collapse of the South Indian Confederation. Between communists and monarchist conservatives just wasn't stable, while the Hindu nationalist elements and pro-capitalists just couldn't find common ground. It kind of Belgiumed for a while, but with out an EU to argue about and far larger populations the various segments went their own way.

First map I've ever seen, IRC, of this world. One of my favorite pieces of literature. I eagerly await for the finished product.
Thank you very much! It's vaguely based on this map. I don't know what it's from but it's a great map for making adaptations of: has names in good enough locations but vague enough to make up most of the details.

Is that an Islamic Italy I see? :p

I like how San Marino has survived all of this crap happening all around it. I'm surprised that, say, the USSA hasn't messed around in there to increase their clout.

Speaking of the USSA, what is life like in the Afro-American region in the Bible Belt? is it like "don't lynch my family and I won't lynch yours and we'll all go to underground church together" or is there some sort of segregation one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.