Status
Not open for further replies.
X-posting my MotF entry.
Excellent stuff! as is to be suspected of this series so far. All that said, I can't help but feel you missed an opportunity with Kronstadt, what with it's being cut off from the rest of the capital in Petrograd and it's role as the main base of the impressively sized Baltic Fleet.

Zek Sora said:
X-posting my MotF entry.

Beautiful maps, the effort and time put into them can be seen from far away but it gets even better when one takes a closer look and appreciates all the details.

What type of zombies are these? What is the nature of their origin, magical, viral? Are they fast zombies or slow zombies? Does their biology behaves according to, redundantly, biology say for example rabies or they are half-rotting walking corpses?

So, how does the Republic of China hold together? Did Yuan Shikai decide not to be an idiot and declare the Empire of China? How is Quebec a thing? What's with all the Bolivarian republics in South America? So is Bavaria a council-republic? When the Whites won in Russia, did Baron Von Sternberg take Mongolia? And I'm assuming that the peace conferences after the Great War were quite brutal? And did Sèvres get enforced hard or what?

Here's a WIP of a GURPS setting, tentatively titled "Why Am I So Bad at Drawing Borders"

Attachments

• SivaWIP.png
    SivaWIP.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 653
Well done, Zek. Looking briefly at your second map, may I ask if the various Native Amerians west of the Mississippi managed to go mobile? I imagine they would be helpful in the greater Deseret area. Though by this time perhaps they had been broken and kept to reservations where they would be sitting ducks.

Thanks. :) Unfortunately, most of them have been displaced. I believe I addressed their status in Georgia specifically earlier (they got ethnically cleansed a bit) and their status in the northern Kingdoms (mostly peaceful co-habitation/assimilation), but their status in the mid-Atlantic kingdoms is somewhere in between (persecuted, but not all-out war). Some of the remnants are either moving east of their own accord or being forced across the extremely porous border with French Louisiana by one Kingdom or another.

Excellent stuff! as is to be suspected of this series so far. All that said, I can't help but feel you missed an opportunity with Kronstadt, what with it's being cut off from the rest of the capital in Petrograd and it's role as the main base of the impressively sized Baltic Fleet.

Thank you! :) I'm glad you like the series.

...damnit. I did miss quite the opportunity there. Welp, let's just say I'll address it in a later installment (it does allow me to put them somewhere else) and leave it at that.

Nice: do the little skulls and crossbones in the Known Horde lands have any particular significance?

(and I really am curious how these long-lasting "hordes of hell" zombies work).

Yes; they represent the locations of significant concentrations of zombies ("Known Hordes" is what I put it as in the key, which I realize now is not nearly clear enough.)

And you'll either find out very soon or not for a little while, depending on how much spare time I have to write vignettes ;).

Beautiful maps, the effort and time put into them can be seen from far away but it gets even better when one takes a closer look and appreciates all the details.

What type of zombies are these? What is the nature of their origin, magical, viral? Are they fast zombies or slow zombies? Does their biology behaves according to, redundantly, biology say for example rabies or they are half-rotting walking corpses?

Thank you so much! :) I'm glad you like them.

As I said to Bruce, you'll either find out very soon or not for a little while, depending on how much spare time I have to write vignettes ;). However, I can tell you that a) they aren't exactly traditional zombies, b) "biology" doesn't quite apply, and c) they are quite fast.

Another entry in my Lulach's Legacy TL. :) It is a map I've already posted on here, but I'm slowly working my way up to new content as I exhaust the maps that need writeups. At least it has new backstory, so hopefully it's okay to post with that disclaimer said. Only a few more to go, I promise. :)

After the Battle of the Burg, it became evident that whatever strange Scottish culture lived to the west did not want to speak to Europe. While more exploratory missions were sent, any ships that ended up trespassing into their sea were quickly taken. While they discovered Lulachfrýgyld in 1456, Europe didn’t even know the name of the confederation until the 1480’s. It took the occupation of one of Lulachfrýgyld’s southern cities that finally got them to confront the old world. The first official diplomatic missions were made by the English, who had their minds set on colonizing the strange culture that was somewhat similar to their own. King Waefyrnn I of Merscha agreed to meet with a Christian priest from Cardiff, allowing the two people to build something of a mutual understanding. In 1489, any voyage from the Europeans was celebrated in Edscóníeg, even if most of the kings from the north despised the English. Ultimately, the “New Europeans” were seen as something of a novelty; they were nice, and could provide for them, but ultimately they would never be allowed to rule over Lulachfrýgyld. Some people saw them as weak. People who had lived in the “New World” all their lives made fun of Europe for not noticing them sooner. They made fun of the English for turning so French-like, and the Scottish for succumbing to the Danish. Ultimately, while the kings might have accepted meetings, they were intent on banning colonization. The one group they didn’t hate were the Scandinavians, which would come into play later on.

By the early-1500’s, the Ældenglic (the group term for the “Old English” who lived in Litirland) were still holding up. The various kings on the coast, who had spent years feuding with one another for resources, made a pact to occupy any ships sent on violent terms. Europe was fearful of the west, and began to lower their threats of colonization and even diplomacy. The only colonies that were eventually made were created in the south. Scandinavia had the islands of Fennica (Cuba and Haiti), England began to colonize South Scotland (their name for Colombia and Venezuela), and Castile and the Byzantine Empire made a pact to explore the far reaches of the south together. Eventually, Lulachfrýgyld (or Frygia, as they were called by Europe) began to realize their weakness. They had spent the last three hundred years of their existence divided among shifted factions, and they would never have been able to fight a full-on war against any single one of the powers. Quickly, the kings of Oswalltea, Ceibhehionn, and Laloríce agreed to meet with Scandinavia, the only nation they revered for their competence and strength (they had taken over corrupt Scotland, hadn’t they?). In 1523, they allowed the Scandinavians free rights to settle the north, as long as they respected Frygian sovereignty. The King agreed, and sold the islands of Fennica to England not too soon after. Having free reign over the lands to the north, they wouldn’t need the scathing islands.

The first settlement, Camp Nyra, was formed in the far north, close to where the Chief of the Miquaka lost control. Other towns would eventually be formed farther south, but it felt best to leave the Frygians be for a couple decades at the least. Nyra grew in size as they found themselves trading with the Hálignausé and Arraillur, with the Scandinavian colonies eventually outnumbering the size of both nations combined. The 1520’s consisted of periodic wars against the Hálignausé for their expert location between Nyra and Frygia, concluding with the capture of Eio and Enga in 1528. But even through all this, the knowledge of the continent felt a bit lacking. While some ships had been sent to voyage down the Ibalhandia River (OTL St. Lawrence, with the name literally meaning “Great River” River), they weren’t sure where it lead, and if it would ever end at all. So, in 1531, an ambitious man named Hans Robertson was sent to meet a crew on a settlement close to the supposed end of the Ibalhandia. The journey that he planned out with the people of the settlement, known as Flyddelta, would take them around whatever lakes the Ibalhandia drained into, and south hopefully into the western reaches of Frygia. He was sent with the supplies needed to set up any temporary base, of which he eventually founded four. The voyage would ultimately take five years, two years longer than expected.

He set off from Flyddelta in the late summer of 1531, setting up many resting sites along the way. After realizing that the lakes were much larger than expected, he and his crew briefly rested in November, before picking up at the same pace a few days later. He wasn’t moving fast, and stopped many times to fish or to study the environment. Ultimately, after finally moving south, he founded Camp Indirflyd in February of 1432, ahead of schedule by some margin. Indirflyd was located in a nice area, and farms were set up as soon as spring fell upon the camp. Robertson saw it best to stay in the area at least until the next winter past, just so they would have enough food to continue onwards. Ships were sent down the river they discovered, where they were surprised to make contact with the Kingdom of Tapokasa, who had recently defeated their neighbor Breeshey in an eight-year war. The people this far removed had little knowledge of Europe, and didn’t know the Scandinavians had been given permission to settle in the north. With Tapokasa declaring war on Indirflyd, believing it to be a large city, Robertson realized that Frygia was not a singular entity, and changed his plan of crossing through Frygian lands to escape. Instead, they would only explore the coast, and avoid the western lands at all costs (or at least until the news reached them that Scandinavia was fine). The voyagers were forced to abandon Indirflyd in May of 1533, after having fought three Tapokasan and Cascannopan ships in a crippling battle.

From there, two more settlements were set up, as the crew began to rebound from the battles. Langue was established on October 16th, 1533, and Langskip was launched a week later. The two settlements were meant to allow trade to Nyra and the coast, while also allowing for exploratory missions on the interior. Trade was made with the more peaceful Cheroci tribes, as well as the kingdoms of Govannona and Puwhata. The towns were necessary to last the crew through the winter, as they traded to get food until they could farm through spring. They agreed to move on from the profitable colonies by the end of harvest season 1534, agreeing to form their final settlement somewhere along the Frygian coast. Ever since realizing that Frygia was not a singular entity, Robertson got the impression that the population of each individual kingdom could be no smaller than the smallest of European towns. However, he was wrong, as some of the principalities had thousands of people, and the coast was almost entirely settled by the Ældenglic at this point. It took a voyage to the far south, past the same kingdom the English had met with decades earlier, to find a suitable place to set up a town. They chose to help the Kingdom of Caedda to fight off the native Confederation of Schenga, where they were rewarded with a large plot of land. With that reward, Camp Umbúðir was created. Objectively, Umbúðir was the most profitable camp, as the kingdoms they traded with were peaceful and sometimes provided gifts. While it wasn’t easy to farm the swampland where the plot was located, they had plenty of food from the cities right next door. During the two years they stayed there, Umbúðir grew in size, with Ældenglic settlers outnumbering the remaining crew of fifty-eight (there were originally eighty crewmembers, but some had died off in the four years they explored for). What ultimately set them behind their three year plan was the fact that they stayed in Umbúðir for over a year, with Robertson eventually picking one of his mates to rule the city-state after his departure. The town would eventually become one of the many Frygian kingdoms, and one of the only ones to identify with Scandinavian culture. The crew nominally chose not to return to Nyra, as they had already explored most of the coast. Instead, Robertson ambitiously chose to voyage out to sea, where he ironically died. His remaining crew would carry on the journey, docking in Aberdeen on November 16th, 1636. His right-hand man, Jon Herbergison, would go on to form eight settlements in the Scandinavian colonies, leading the entire region to be named after himself (Herbergia). Hans Robertson’s journey would become known as the Langlífrejr, and it allowed the Danish a good view of all the places in Litirland.

bmgMBdP.png

Last edited:
A map I made of the Commonwealth of New England if Cromwell was exiled there:
cromwell_s_new_england_by_moralisticcommunist-da3ku2b.png

The PoD is that Parliament resists Pride's Purge and turn against Cromwell's New Model Army. Joining forces with the Royalists, Irish Catholics, and Scottish Covenanters the moderate members of parliament are successful in defeating Cromwell, though his life is spared as he and his army are exiled to the Puritan colony of Massachusetts in 1651. There he proclaims a new commonwealth, naming himself Lord Protector, and starts to conquer the remaining British colonies in the area. He even manages to conquer New Netherlands and partitions New Jersey with Sweden.

Decades after Cromwell's death his legacy lives on as the New Model Army of New England continues its conquest against the native people, which are now backed by English and French arms as these monarchies fear the spread of this Republican power. With a population 132,000 strong, an abundant supply of iron and wood, and a thriving fishing industry this Commonwealth is slowly growing to be the strongest power in all of North America.

Status
Not open for further replies.