Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it! Maybe make it into a Map TL!
My only thought is how come the Japanese lost... and yet they still took the Philippines?
The light yellowish color means that they only control it de facto. Technically they are independent, but the U.S. didn't have a personal grudge against Japan, this version of their war being more opportunistic to make allies and take islands, they didn't win big enough to demand the Phillippines be theirs.

Why does Britain still control Malta in an Axis meditaranian when they have lost even Giltibrar?

Mistake on my part. That should be Italian.

It was was a long fight. Well, some of it.
Can't see why the Dutch would be seen as falling apart. After all, they did get that bit of land from British/Canadian Guiana. Limburg always was the best part of their country, anyways. I'm sure that a couple of years of Soviet management of the dykes and they Dutch rump will get a coastline back. They just need patience. I do have to wonder about the coloring for Sweden, though. Does it mean it was annexed by the Soviets?

Can't see why the Dutch would be seen as falling apart. After all, they did get that bit of land from British/Canadian Guiana. Limburg always was the best part of their country, anyways. I'm sure that a couple of years of Soviet management of the dykes and they Dutch rump will get a coastline back. They just need patience. I do have to wonder about the coloring for Sweden, though. Does it mean it was annexed by the Soviets?

The Dutch were basically left starving for a few years (akin to the Hongerwinter lasting from 1938 to 1942), and felt the Entente did nothing to help them, just rushing past along the south to invade Germany. Also some saw the Monarchy fleeing to Canada/the Antilles as a sign of cowardice and betrayal. Poorer economic times before the war and some political butterflies made Communism a lot more popular than OTL, and with the radicalisation of being left starving with half starved German occupiers controlling the place the Communists were able to muster the best partisan force to overthrow the rump German force, and now they don't want the Monarchy back. A colonial empire without it's homeland is not a very functional empire.

Sweden is occupied, akin to Germany, but the Russians (and Finns) were the only ones to get there, so it's just one colour (with the Finns directly annexing their chunk to get those lovely Iron reserves in the North).

The light yellowish color means that they only control it de facto. Technically they are independent, but the U.S. didn't have a personal grudge against Japan, this version of their war being more opportunistic to make allies and take islands, they didn't win big enough to demand the Phillippines be theirs.

Mistake on my part. That should be Italian.
Was it like the Filipino Independence factions won, and instead of having to go through with a massive, time consuming war, America sunk enough Japanese ships and took enough of their islands so that Alaska, Hawaii, and the Pacific coast no longer were under threat, and then let nature tear Japan apart?

Was it like the Filipino Independence factions won..... tear Japan apart?
You've got it about right. The U.S. did pretty much just that, and after they declared peace with Japan, they kept funneling money and arms into China. They set up an independent republic with the Phillipines, and after the war Japan attacked it, occupying the untested new nation very quickly. The U.S. is preoccupied with worrying about Germany, and China is preoccupied with itself, so that anyone who would care don't have a reason to. The Phillipines is only Japanese as long as their soldiers are stationed there, though.

Last edited:
You've got it about right. The U.S. did pretty much just that, and after they declared peace with Japan, they kept funneling money and arms into China. They set up an independent republic with the Phillipenes, and after the war Japan attacked it, occupying the untested new nation very quickly. The U.S. is preoccupied with worrying about Germany, and China is preoccupied with itself, so that anyone who would care don't have a reason to. The Phillipenes is only Japanese as long as their soldiers are stationed there, though.
I guess at this point the US is just banking on the fact that Japan is... unstable at best, and once the tower of cards falls it will be easy to mop up the successor nations into extending the US sphere of influence all the way to Beijing.

I guess at this point the US is just banking on the fact that Japan is... unstable at best, and once the tower of cards falls it will be easy to mop up the successor nations into extending the US sphere of influence all the way to Beijing.
Yep, that's how they're thinking at the moment. And, of course, trying to keep China within their sphere. Right now, even if the government there is Russian communist, the people of China see Russia, those ursurpers of Mao and the Mandate of Heaven, as little better than the Japanese.

Drakia-reloaded.png

Status
Not open for further replies.