Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Ideas:

The Edge of Armageddon

Depict a situation right before a nuclear war, or a crisis that almost led to a nuclear conflict.

The Sister Republics
Depict a country with multiple client states

Last edited:
Just to be sure, can the focus be on one of the sister republic, as long as the map still shows at least another sister republic as well as the "dominating" country?

So, I have been a little busy with real life lately and I have neglected to announce the winners of the last several rounds! Double congratulations are in order to @Reagent (won MotF 192: The Simple Life with "Blut and Boden" and MotF 194: Fool Me Once with "Operation Tannenberg") and @JoeyB2198 (won MotF 193: To The Strongest with "The Warlord Period of the Arixan Empire" and MotF 195: Phoenix From the Ashes with "Kingdom of Alogeny"). Thank you to all who have been entering, and keep up the good work!

I have been keeping an eye on all the new topics being suggested; please keep them coming! Here are a few more that I may run at some point:
  • Beyond The Horizon - Make a map showing the settlement of a frontier.
  • Punk It Up - Make a map of a “punkified” world featuring exaggerated technological or cultural aspects.
  • Vae Victis - Make a map showing the consequences of a war for the losing side.
I also do appreciate when people express interest or preferences for suggested topics; it helps me decide what gets picked for future rounds. So if you like any of these, or any other topics that have been suggested, don't be shy about saying so!

With only two entries so far, MotF 197 is extended until Sunday, June 2nd. In the meantime, please let me know what you all would be interested in seeing as the topic for the next round!

It's hard to even consider entering when Kutku comes in with another masterpiece. Too hard to pretend I can map when alongside him.
No lie, it is a really dope map, but there's now another week, and there are a lot of different ways to cook up a good map with a banging writeup. Sometimes the concept itself can attract a lot of attention. Join, it'll be fun!

i'd love to post something, but the first map I made is really bad (not really original, neither good looking), and my keyboard refuses to enact any "shift", which makes the whole map making a nightmare, too bad

i'd love to post something, but the first map I made is really bad (not really original, neither good looking), and my keyboard refuses to enact any "shift", which makes the whole map making a nightmare, too bad

That does seem like a significant obstacle... :(

Alright, you got me. Question; Are we allowed to show multiple states with client states? For example, a cold war map?

Sure!

Abandon The Big Ben
Make a map of the spacious and permanent relocation of a national capital.

Backstop? What Backstop? (aka Greener Pastures II, a re-run of MotF 98)

Make a map showing a legal discrepancy between countries that prompts related border traffic.

The Boy Who Lived
Make a map of a country with its former political system surviving to the present day.

I Love You, You Pay My Rent

Make a map of a fiscal redistribution scheme.

Making The Best Of An Awkward Situation
Make a map of a place, project or other endeavor that has been abandoned by the group that started it.

Our Father's Father Says That Things Were Better Then
Make a map depicting an attempted or successful socio-economic or socio-cultural political backlash. (Wahhabi-influenced Political Islam? Chavista Venezuela? Western World Alt-Right? You name it!)

Once again, I'd like to propose my old proposals once again.