Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

@Reagent - planning to post it sometime this evening, approximately 8 hours from the time of this post. Think you can make it?

I'll try to finish it by then. If you could @ me like half an hour before you post, I'd appreciate that (if its possible).

EDIT: Inkscape is being difficult - this concept will have to wait for a different time.

Last edited:
A Marriage of Convenience:
Make a map of a military alliance between countries that distrust or actively dislike each other

So far from the Sea:
Depict a doubly (or higher) landlocked nation

Did we ever do that one where we take ideas from other contests as inspiration to make maps? It might have also involved setting maps in the same universes as previous entries - I'm not sure.

Trick With a Twist - Make a map of an alternate history cliche (i.e., Nazis winning WW2, CSA winning Civil War, etc.), but with a significant twist (i.e., CSA wins Civil War because its the abolitionist faction, or the USA is a different entity, etc.)
(I probably worded that badly - just, make a map based on a cliche but with a significant twist on the cliche)

Same, although i'm crossing fingers that i can be able to finish it before monday. It's quite big so there's a good chance i won't be able to make it in time. And i want to get it right so if i feel it's not good enough i'll just post it later.

EDIT: Nevermind, i don't think i'll be able to be satisfied with my map if i rush it. i'll try to post it early next week, fooking hot weather made it a pain to work on it over the past few days.

At least that gives you a change to win it

Last edited:
I will have a map finished tomorrow.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got sidetracked, feel free to post the new thread whenever.

Last edited:
I will have a map finished tomorrow.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got sidetracked, feel free to post the new thread whenever.

Same, although i'm crossing fingers that i can be able to finish it before monday. It's quite big so there's a good chance i won't be able to make it in time. And i want to get it right so if i feel it's not good enough i'll just post it later.

EDIT: Nevermind, i don't think i'll be able to be satisfied with my map if i rush it. i'll try to post it early next week, fooking hot weather made it a pain to work on it over the past few days.

Since we only have two entries so far, and there's at least one other person who has contacted me about an entry in progress, I'm going to extend this round by a week. MotF 199: Beyond the Horizon is now extended until Sunday, July 7th. (I may post the threads as early as Sunday morning my time, just as a heads up - lots going on next weekend.)