Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Just a quick question about the current motf. Is it allowed tot make a map about a dynasty regaining power after almost going extinct or is that you much of a stretch?

Just a quick question about the current motf. Is it allowed tot make a map about a dynasty regaining power after almost going extinct or is that you much of a stretch?

Hmm, I would say only if that restoration is tied to a country breaking free from some sort of foreign control. So "Stuarts take control of Scotland after a successful '45" would work, but the Bourbons returning to France after the Revolution would not.

I don't know how to ... I know I should, but I really just don't know how ...
0U3TCDp.png

this will prompt you to put in a URL, link to the direct image link on imgur (rather than the album link - in your case, I'd open the links you already posted, then right click on the image and select "open in new tab", then copy that link to see if it works)

this will prompt you to put in a URL, link to the direct image link on imgur (rather than the album link - in your case, I'd open the links you already posted, then right click on the image and select "open in new tab", then copy that link to see if it works)

Oooooow :eek:

Edit : done it, thank you very very much !

Last edited:
Ideas:

The Edge of Armageddon

Depict a situation right before a nuclear war, or a crisis that almost led to a nuclear conflict.

The Sister Republics
Depict a country with multiple client states

Last edited:
Just to be sure, can the focus be on one of the sister republic, as long as the map still shows at least another sister republic as well as the "dominating" country?

So, I have been a little busy with real life lately and I have neglected to announce the winners of the last several rounds! Double congratulations are in order to @Reagent (won MotF 192: The Simple Life with "Blut and Boden" and MotF 194: Fool Me Once with "Operation Tannenberg") and @JoeyB2198 (won MotF 193: To The Strongest with "The Warlord Period of the Arixan Empire" and MotF 195: Phoenix From the Ashes with "Kingdom of Alogeny"). Thank you to all who have been entering, and keep up the good work!

I have been keeping an eye on all the new topics being suggested; please keep them coming! Here are a few more that I may run at some point:
  • Beyond The Horizon - Make a map showing the settlement of a frontier.
  • Punk It Up - Make a map of a “punkified” world featuring exaggerated technological or cultural aspects.
  • Vae Victis - Make a map showing the consequences of a war for the losing side.
I also do appreciate when people express interest or preferences for suggested topics; it helps me decide what gets picked for future rounds. So if you like any of these, or any other topics that have been suggested, don't be shy about saying so!

With only two entries so far, MotF 197 is extended until Sunday, June 2nd. In the meantime, please let me know what you all would be interested in seeing as the topic for the next round!