Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

With an extension till sunday I could finish my entry, but if you want to move on that's just fine too. just figured I'd mention there's another map in the works.

I'll vote for We've Always Been at War with Eastasia
but both challenges sound fine

Hmm...

Okay. I've been really spotty on timing lately, and I really apologize for that. I'm going to definitely attempt to be more on top of things from now on. This is still sorta new to me, and the new(-ish) forum layout makes it a bit harder to post the new threads. That's still no excuse, but in order to get things back on track, I think it'd be best if I waited until Sunday to post the new threads, just so the precedent of the new threads coming up in the middle of the week doesn't continue. But, after this contest, the 2-week rule is going to be more heavily enforced. I'd rather not have need a third week every time because they come to expect one; heck, three of the entries in the contest are going to be from the third week alone. Next time, if there aren't entries up by the second week, I'll just move onto the next contest. But still, it's my fault for not being more timely, and I apologize.

Why is that island in Denmark on Fluttersky's map colored yellow? And I can only imagine how much the Valencians and people of the Balearics would hate to be saddled as appendages of a Catalonian based state, rather than a Spanish or Catalan one. Here I use Catalonian to refer to the smaller region based around Barcelona. And Belgium looks like it would have been difficult to break in such a way. The German-Speaking Community prefers a united Belgium but wouldn't rule out jumping ship if it did break up. Probably join with Luxembroug. Ahh, the Walloons are going to feel uncomfortable with everyone speaking either Germanic, Slavic, or Meditteranean tongues rather Parisian French.