List of Alternate Monarchs and Aristocratic Lineage

I know. But Mary will bring her up a lot, because she loves her mother. James is going to find it really awkward, and I'm already envisioning the dialogue
maybe I'm being thick, but why would it be awkward? James IV went to war and he was (likely) killed in action- not beheaded by KoA personally as often dramatized. Given how far along in pregnancy she'd have been, it's unlikely that she'd have ridden to Flodden herself, even to accept the surrender.

maybe I'm being thick, but why would it be awkward? James IV went to war and he was (likely) killed in action- not beheaded by KoA personally as often dramatized. Given how far along in pregnancy she'd have been, it's unlikely that she'd have ridden to Flodden herself, even to accept the surrender.
KOA might not killed James IV personally but Margaret Tudor, far as I know, never forgive her for that(even though, it was James IV's choice to attack England). It was main reason why Margaret supported Anne Boleyn over KOA in the Great Matter.

Katherine apparently did give a speech to some troops on horseback iirc but it was very far from the frontline and the troops she spoke with never even saw battle