List of Alternate Monarchs and Aristocratic Lineage

How does Cathrine die?
presumably returned to Castile in disgust (I don't see Henry wanting her hanging around - he's so classy I could even see him kicking Cat out and then giving Leonor the stuff he took from his ex-wife. He did it with Anne and Jane, so I don't see why he wouldn't do it here), Mary stays legitimate under the annulment, so she'd probably make a far better, far earlier match than OTL (presumably to James V). Henry and Leonor are...well, not Anne Boleyn-Henry but not Jane Seymour type submissive either. The fact that she gives him a surviving son right off the bat (albeit he later dies) probably doesn't hurt either.

James VI of Scotland, twin of Mary
James V m. Madeleine of Valois

1. Margaret b. 1537 m. 1552 Edward VI of England b. 1537 d. 1553
- Henry IX b. 1553 m. 1572 Margaret of Valois b. 1553
- miscarriage
- premature stillborn
- Edward VII of England and I of Scotland b. 1575 [1] m. Marie de Medici b. 1575
2. James VI of Scotland b. 1537 m. Margaret of Austria b. 1536
- no surviving issue - [2]

[1] After the birth of the requisite heir, the royal couple would live separately, resulting in no more children.
[2] Margaret had one miscarriage resulting in her infertility. James VI however was still desperately in love with her so he refused to accept an annulment and would accept his nephew as heir.

This is probably quasi-ASB, but here goes:

Fernando II, King of Aragon (1452-1516) 1m: (as OTL); 2m: 1505 Germaine de Foix (b.1490)

[1m.] as OTL​
[2m.] Juan, Prince of Girona (1509-1512)​
[2m.] Leonor (1510-1541) m: 1527[1] Henry VIII, King of England (b.1491)​
Henry, Prince of Wales (1528-1535)​
Elizabeth (b.1530)​
Stillborn Daughter (1533)​
Edward, Prince of Wales (b.1534)​
Eleanor (b.1537)​
Arthur, Duke of York (b.1539)​
Margaret (b.1541)​
[2m.] Fernando III, King of Aragon & Naples (b.1512) m: 1525 Renée de France (b.1509)​
Fernando, Prince of Girona (b.1532)​
Juan (1533-1536)​
Luis (b.1534)​
Pedro (b.1535)​
Leonor (b.1537)​
Ana (b.1539)​
[2m.] Blanca (b.1515) m: 1530 François II, King of France (b.1518)​
François, Dauphin de Viennois (b.1538)​
Louis (1540-1540)​
Claude (b.1541)​
Blanche (b.1544)​
Louis, Duc d’Anjou (b.1547)​

[1] Since the emperor doesn’t control Naples to pincer the pope in Rome, Henry gets his annulment. While he’s not big into a second Spanish bride, Anne Boleyn is dead and the idea of flipping the bird at Catherine of Aragon is too good to resist (not that ASB, Henry actually considered naming OTL Elizabeth “Mary” as a similar screw you. Classy guy). It doesn't hurt that Fernando III absolutely loathes Karl V, who's always treated him as though he's a "disloyal vassal" rather than a king in his own right.

@isabella @VVD0D95 @FalconHonour @Awkwardvulture @The_Most_Happy @HortenseMancini @Diego @Kurt_Steiner @Jan Olbracht
Do NOT work as both Fernando and Charles would support Catalina‘s place as Queen of England (if anything Fernando would support her while Charles will not do it)

How did Anne die?
Sweat? Horse-riding accident? Randomly struck by lightning?
Why does the pope not get controlled this time around?
Could be anything from a different pope to the fact that Karl doesn't have the same clout as "emperor and king of "part" of Spain" as he did as "emperor and king of Spain and Naples". Maybe Fernando el Catolico gets his favourite grandson in as king of Castile, maybe...
Why doesn't Fernando III stand up for his aunt the same way Charles V did?
because Fernando has never met his aunt. Never been promised to her daughter. IIRC Germaine didn't have the best relationship with her stepchildren (or the Castilians, for that matter), so it could be the "sins of the fathers" (or the mothers, in this case)
Why would it be a screw you to Katherine of Aragon who would probably be quite happy with a second Spanish royal bride (at least compared to French-raised commoner Anne Boleyn)?
Because Katherine saw it as her "divinely-ordained" future to be queen of England, even if that meant disagreeing with the pope. She wouldn't step aside for anyone, even one of her contemporaries said that if the Archangel Gabriel were to descend from Heaven and tell her to step aside, she'd say "let me talk to the Manager".
Why would Charles V treat Fernando as a "disloyal vassal"?
Karl likely has the opinion of "I'm older, smarter, richer, and more powerful than you, Fernand, so you have to do as I say. Like marry my sister, okay? Then we're gonna go to war with France because I said so. And you can't get any of my toys that I'm getting from the New World because it's Castilian property. And stay out of my room [Castile] while I'm gone". The list of things that could rankle would be near endless.

Do NOT work as both Fernando and Charles would support Catalina‘s place as Queen of England (if anything Fernando would support her while Charles will not do it)
because Fernando has never met his aunt. Never been promised to her daughter. IIRC Germaine didn't have the best relationship with her stepchildren (or the Castilians, for that matter), so it could be the "sins of the fathers" (or the mothers, in this case)
Karl likely has the opinion of "I'm older, smarter, richer, and more powerful than you, Fernand, so you have to do as I say. Like marry my sister, okay? Then we're gonna go to war with France because I said so. And you can't get any of my toys that I'm getting from the New World because it's Castilian property. And stay out of my room [Castile] while I'm gone". The list of things that could rankle would be near endless.

Maybe Fernando el Catolico gets his favourite grandson in as king of Castile, maybe...
Germaine didn't have the best relationship with her stepchildren (or the Castilians, for that matter)
Germaine's step-children were all dead and/or married off by the time she became Ferdinand's wife - and Ferdinand the Catholic cannot get his grandson as king of Castile (though he would certainly try). He was only king of Castile as long as Isabella lived.

VVD0D95

Banned
Germaine's step-children were all dead and/or married off by the time she became Ferdinand's wife - and Ferdinand the Catholic cannot get his grandson as king of Castile (though he would certainly try). He was only king of Castile as long as Isabella lived.
Ferdinand of Austria.

work as both Fernando

Younger Fernando never existed so it's bold talk about what he would or what he won't do.

Maybe Fernando el Catolico gets his favourite grandson in as king of Castile, maybe...

If he has son from second marriage I suppose he'd try to screw over Joanna's line in general and declare that non-Iberians can't succeed in Castile and have his son declared heir also there.

Edward VI arranges Elizabeth, to marry Barnaby Fitzpatrick
Edward VI arranges for his older sister Elizabeth to marry his best friend prior to his death. I have no idea how this would affect things, but would be happy to discuss it with anyone who wanted. I have left the boys titles' blank because I have no idea whether Edward would name Elizabeth's children as his heirs over Jane Grey here or not... @The_Most_Happy @VVD0D95 @Cate13

Elizabeth, Marchioness of Clarence (b.1533) m. 1552 Barnaby Fitzpatrick, Marquess of Clarence (b.1535)

1) Margaret (b.1554)
2) Edward (b.1557)
3) Stillborn son (1559)
4) Cecily (1560-1562)
5) Miscarriage (1562)
6) George (b.1564)
7) Anne (b.1567)

Except he can't. He can stop her from inheriting Aragon, but he can't stop her from getting Castile.

Well IOTL he tried to switched Charles with Ferdinand of Austria, here he can try to delegitimize his wife's own ruling and put himself and later his son in their half-siblings's place and there could be as much support for it as it was for Ferdinand of Austria plan, in addition France would be fully on board with it, since realization of it would make Habsburgs anti-Spain and that is in French interests.

Elizabeth's children as his heirs over Jane Grey here or not...

He absolutely would, he was a raging misogynist and IOTL wanted to name only sons of Jane Grey heirs and stopped only when he realized he'd die before Jane would get any, and he had no valid excuse to put Mary out of succesion, but not Elizabeth, here he can claim that women can transmit right to the throne but can't inherit themselves so Edward Fitzpatrick is his closest male relative and thus his heir.

VVD0D95

Banned
Edward VI arranges for his older sister Elizabeth to marry his best friend prior to his death. I have no idea how this would affect things, but would be happy to discuss it with anyone who wanted. I have left the boys titles' blank because I have no idea whether Edward would name Elizabeth's children as his heirs over Jane Grey here or not... @The_Most_Happy @VVD0D95 @Cate13

Elizabeth, Marchioness of Clarence (b.1533) m. 1552 Barnaby Fitzpatrick, Marquess of Clarence (b.1535)

1) Margaret (b.1554)
2) Edward (b.1557)
3) Stillborn son (1559)
4) Cecily (1560-1562)
5) Miscarriage (1562)
6) George (b.1564)
7) Anne (b.1567)
Oh Elizabeth’s sons are definirelt in the succession here and will likelt be confirmed as heirs by him

Elizabeth marries Robert Dudley and 1580 Francis of Anjou
Elizabeth I of England m. 1552 [1] Robert Dudley d. 1579 (a) [2] m. 1580 Francis of Anjou d. 1584 (b) [3]

1a. Edward VII of England b. 1552 m. Margaret of Valois b. 1553
2a. Anne b. 1553 m. Henry III of Navarre b. 1553 [4]
3a. miscarriage
4a. Elizabeth b. 1556 m. Rudolf II b. 1552
5a. stillborn
6a. Margaret b. 1558 m. Sebastian I b. 1554
7a. Agnes b. 1559 m. Edward Seymour b. 1561 [5]
8a. miscarriage
9a. Alice b. 1562 m. Charles Emmanuel b. 1562
10a. miscarriage
11b. stillborn
12b. Francis III of France b. 1580 m. Catherine Renata of Austria b. 1576
13b. miscarriage

[1] She copied her aunt, Mary Queen of France, by secretly eloping with Robert and then informing her brother. The couple paid a fine, but he let them be otherwise.
[2] Amy Robsart died due to a miscarriage instead of falling down some stairs and Robert Dudley is never suspected of killing her so he and Elizabeth are safe enough to marry.
[3] Due to marrying Elizabeth, Anjou stays in England and never goes to the Netherlands, but he still ends up dying of a random disease.
[4] Naturally he never becomes king of France ITTL
[5] Scandalous love match

Why are most of the matches Catholic, you ask?
...tbh I don't know

He absolutely would, he was a raging misogynist and IOTL wanted to name only sons of Jane Grey heirs and stopped only when he realized he'd die before Jane would get any, and he had no valid excuse to put Mary out of succesion, but not Elizabeth, here he can claim that women can transmit right to the throne but can't inherit themselves so Edward Fitzpatrick is his closest male relative and thus his heir.
Oh Elizabeth’s sons are definirelt in the succession here and will likelt be confirmed as heirs by him
Well, yes, except that if Edward dies as OTL, no one will know that Elizabeth's first pregnancy will be a girl. And she won't have Edward yet. If Edward died in 1558 instead of 1553, I'd absolutely agree with you, but if he dies in 1553??
...but why?
Wouldn’t Edward marry her to someone higher like the Dudley family?
Barnaby was one of Edward's most trusted courtiers, and he and Elizabeth could basically rule Ireland for the Tudors. And don't forget that Edward saw Elizabeth as a bastard, even if she was his favourite, loyal sister. From that perspective, to marry Elizabeth to a Baron would be respectable, never mind a Marquess - I'm assuming Barnaby gets the nice new shiny title as a wedding gift.

1) Margaret (b.1554)
2) Edward (b.1557)
3) Stillborn son (1559)
4) Cecily (1560-1562)
5) Miscarriage (1562)
6) George (b.1564)
7) Anne (b.1567)
I see far likelier Elizabeth marrying Robert Dudley (instead of Amy Robsart) with or without Edward VI‘s consent