Status
Not open for further replies.
Why stop at Dragon Ball Z? How about an entire Akira Toriyama section of Tokyo Disneyland! DBZ, Dr. Slump, and Dragon Quest if Enix allowed it.
Oddly enough, that was my initial idea for a potential expansion. However, I thought Dragon Ball Z would most likely take up a majority of said expansion.

It's on hold. I've got a lot on my plate and a severe case of writer's block/demotivation when it comes to this TL.
That's fine man. Sometimes you find yourself at a roadblock, and you need time to find some way around it or through it, whether with a chisel, dynamite, or what have you.

I have an idea for you, in case you need help with that...

Maybe you can go into what Nintendo has been up to at this point.

I don't know. But it IS something for your mind to chew on!

I hazard a guess that Nintendo will fall under the Disney brand ITTL.

But if not, maybe Sega winds up in Disney's hands? Or Atari if they're still around.

Japanese government might put up a fight to keep Nintendo from being bought out if the right people are elected to office....right?

Nintendo's corporate culture is extremely conservative and, if OTL is any example, the areas they're willing to experiment the most is when it comes to making hardware and then game genres respectively. Unless things go bad in an apocalyptic way for them, so long as Hiroshi Yamauchi is the president and then chairman I have a hard time imagining him selling Nintendo and especially so to a foreign company; the man was incredibly stubborn, for better and for worse.

A long term partnership is something I could envision, however, especially if Disney invests heavily into the Japanese market. Hard to say if Eisner's Universal (or whomever succeeds him if his tenure isn't great) will be litigious enough to sue Nintendo over Donkey Kong ITTL, but if it still occurs, then the fallout isn't going to make them too amenable for the foreseeable future in collaborating with them. Using Tokyo Disneyland as a springboard for their products - like, say, a Super Nintendo World as an arm of the park a few decades early to coincide with the launch of the console - is a clever investment as it intertwines their fortunes with one of the U.S.'/world's most popular entertainment companies in a way that is likely to have few downsides.

Last edited:
What I might do to get things going again sometime relatively soon is not describe the entire plots of movies. Like, for the animated films, those are easier, but the real roadblock for me has been writing the in-depth plot summary of Hood when I really just want to get on with Disney slowly Standard Oiling their way into prominence in Hollywood, but doing it more nicely than OTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.