Detroit, Newark and New York
Screeching nerves, exploding minds
lives tied to
a policeman's whistle
a welfare worker's doorbell
finger."

3xZeRiY.jpg

Last edited:
Damn LA, you're in a bad way. Also shit, I've been in and around Sepulveda Basin, so that got to me a bit.

Also, fuck me, imagine locking down a city the size of Los Angeles.

2020 United States Presidential Election
1692335695090.png

CNN RSS News Feed — November 3, 2020
  • Exit polls: Border controls, environment, and economy top issues
  • Cubs break the curse, win World Series for the first time in 112 years
  • Massachusetts, Maryland, Vermont: Meet the solid blue states that are battlegrounds this year
  • UChicago study warns of 'permanent economic recession'
  • Court fines 3M $1.2 million for breaking ozone law
  • New Mexico summer daytime curfew to end on Wednesday
  • Senate commission: FBI should've known of San Ysidro bombing 'far in advance'
  • Allen: 'We cannot be dependent on Russia and Venezuela for energy'
  • Microsoft shuts down Bungie game studios in bid to downsize
  • CNN documentary airing this week shows viewers the true extent of the Surabaya Massacre
  • Outrage in Puerto Rico over travel restrictions to mainland
  • Greens leading early vote in Washington
  • Floods follow devastating summer drought in Italy
  • Markets down after Chinese rate hike
  • UK blasts Argentina for missing Peruvian refugee intakes quotas two years in a row
  • Atlantic City - Gambling Mecca back from the dead
  • UN: 27 nuclear warheads in Pakistan still unaccounted for
  • UAE and India warn that refugee situation in Socotra is critical
  • Inside the epicenter of the Lithium Rush: El Centro, California
  • ISS decommissioning video crosses 100 million views on Playback

That's the election series completed, until 2024! I was going to include another graphic in this piece, but something similar to it was trending in the IRL news and I didn't want to be insensitive.

Damn, my dreams for a strong Amtrak presence in the south comes at the expense of a destroyed ozone layer😔
Hey, at least going from San Antonio to the abandoned ruins of Miami by train is now faster than by car (because the highway is closed).
well alrighty then

So what stage of this video would you estimate ttl is in by 2023?
Yeah, I'd agree with Trescow. Stage 3-4 in the developed world, Stage 7-8 in the developing world.
Amazing as always
Thanks!
Damn LA, you're in a bad way. Also shit, I've been in and around Sepulveda Basin, so that got to me a bit.

Also, fuck me, imagine locking down a city the size of Los Angeles.
Yeah, shit's going down in L.A. I basically had this video in mind while making the map (minus the cilantro part... maybe).

View attachment 850834

• Massachusetts, Maryland, Vermont: Meet the solid blue states that are battlegrounds this year
  • CNN documentary airing this week shows viewers the true extent of the Surabaya Massacre
  • UK blasts Argentina for missing Peruvian refugee intakes quotas two years in a row

That's the election series completed, until 2024! I was going to include another graphic in this piece, but something similar to it was trending in the IRL news and I didn't want to be insensitive.
this is such a bizarre election with so much clearly going on in the world around it, i love it!!!
Schultz winning Texas/Louisiana but losing Colorado and Oregon/Washington and so many other blue states is so interesting, what’s going on there?

(also out of curiosity, what was the original piece supposed to be? if you want to say)

this is such a bizarre election with so much clearly going on in the world around it, i love it!!!
Schultz winning Texas/Louisiana but losing Colorado and Oregon/Washington and so many other blue states is so interesting, what’s going on there?

(also out of curiosity, what was the original piece supposed to be? if you want to say)
The L in CO and the PNW is most likely due to vote splitting with the Greens - same reason why NY and WA went Red in 2016. As for Texas and Louisiana, I'm guessing they shifted Blue because of the climate crisis being much worse than OTL, and Republicans being Republicans. After all, Louisiana went Blue in 2008 as well, if you look back there.

View attachment 850834

also nooooooooo the ISS is gone!!!!!

Yeah, as Cascadiawank said, the Greens split the vote heavily in many traditionally blue states. In NC, GA, and TX, the ruby red suburbs have grown tired of Republicans skirting around the issue of climate change when they can directly feel its effects. So they bit the bullet and voted Dem (they're the reasonable ones compared to the dirty Green commies that want to take your car and your AC).

The original piece was supposed to be about Hawaii, but yeah real life news there recently hasn't been great. Probably not a good sign for OTL.
also nooooooooo the ISS is gone!!!!!
Decommissioned in 2020 because neither NASA or the Russians had the budget to pay for it. ITTL, NASA's ambitions are even smaller than OTL (just put up a few new satellites here and there so we can monitor the dying planet).

Yeah, as Cascadiawank said, the Greens split the vote heavily in many traditionally blue states. In NC, GA, and TX, the ruby red suburbs have grown tired of Republicans skirting around the issue of climate change when they can directly feel its effects. So they bit the bullet and voted Dem (they're the reasonable ones compared to the dirty Green commies that want to take your car and your AC).

The original piece was supposed to be about Hawaii, but yeah real life news there recently hasn't been great. Probably not a good sign for OTL.

Decommissioned in 2020 because neither NASA or the Russians had the budget to pay for it. ITTL, NASA's ambitions are even smaller than OTL (just put up a few new satellites here and there so we can monitor the dying planet).
So did New Horizons never launch and visit Pluto? Please say it still got launched D:

only planet it's being launched on is THE NINTENDO SWITCH!!!!!!
animal crossing new horizons out now
bold of you assume they'd have the switch in ttl

The Greens are the de-growthers ITTL. Thing is the world is so bleak here de-growthers might be right.
de-growthers are too moderate to save things in ttl
they haven't done a montreal protocol type thing YET despite literal decades of evidenceo n why cfcs need to go
this is probably one of those worlds where the ecofascists have a point

bold of you assume they'd have the switch in ttl

de-growthers are too moderate to save things in ttl
they haven't done a montreal protocol type thing YET despite literal decades of evidenceo n why cfcs need to go
this is probably one of those worlds where the ecofascists have a point
The only actual position that would be radical enough to save Earth ITTL would be radical geoengineering.
Put a shitload of nanoparticles in the upper atmosphere and drop asteroids on the Sahara and the Outback if necessary.