Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternate North Carolina state flag. Just took the C.S. version and replaced the C.S. date with the U.S. motto.

pfrgzg9.png

Flag of the United Kingdom of Southern Britain, combining a simplified version of the arms of Edward the confessor for wessex and the cross of Saint-Alban for Mercia.

wessex-essex.png

Been messing around in Kaiserreich for the past month or so. Flag of Canada that includes the states of New England and upstate New York.

canada2.png

I don't know if you can post requests here, per se, but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas (or flags) for an American-controlled Hokkaido Free State, and a Republic of Japan. Both of these would come about following an Opertion Downfall-type invasion of the Home Islands.

For the Republic of Japan flag, I've been using this postal ensign:
Japanese_postal_flag%2C_1872-1887.svg
, but it's silly. Thoughts?

Best,

Orson Welles

I would like to (politely) request a flag for an Icelandic empire that rebuilt after it survived a nuclear war that wipes out 95% of people. It has conquered Denmark, northern Scotland, Greenland, Scandinavia, and northern European Russia. It claims all land Russia previously owned.

Here's an idea for an alternate state flag of Virginia: the city flag of Richmond with the boatman in the center replaced by a Tudor rose to represent the namesake and colonial heritage of the state, and more obscurely because the rose is the national flower of the US (who knew, right?) and the flower associated with love and by extension "Virginia is for lovers".

The nine stars apparently represent the nine states formed from Virginia's territory (hence its nickname "Mother of States") and the rose can act sort of like a tenth to represent Virginia being the tenth state (I did try a version with an actual star in the middle but wasn't a huge fan of how it looked).

Other than that I don't know what most of the symbolism but I can sure try to retroactively assign meanings: The two red stripes like on Washington's coat of arms and the flag of DC? Which can also represent the two major wars fought on Virginia soil? If you count the white stripes there's four stripes, like the four presidents of the Virginia dynasty? As you can see I'm sort of grasping at straws at that point.

RoseRVA.png

Here's an idea for an alternate state flag of Virginia: the city flag of Richmond with the boatman in the center replaced by a Tudor rose to represent the namesake and colonial heritage of the state, and more obscurely because the rose is the national flower of the US (who knew, right?) and the flower associated with love and by extension "Virginia is for lovers".

Cool. I like how the flower forms the shape of a pentagon. Fitting, since the Pentagon is in Arlington, VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.