Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for suggestions about my Alt US flag. I based it off the Serapis flag, but I'm worried it looks too much like the US flag from the Dominion of Southern America TL. Is there anything I should change about it, or is okay I leave it the way it is?

USC Flag V1.png

Got quite a few new flags here for tonight, the majority of which seem to be Fascist/NatPop flags, so let's delve right into it:

fip0dYf.png

First off is a revamp of one of my Iron Guard Romania variants, vastly improving the quality of detail compared to the older version seen here.

B9oIFTb.png

Second, we have a variant flag for Kaiserreich's Russian National State under Boris Savinkov.

IoqZIEP.png

Third flag here is a revision to my old Free State of Myanmar flag, replacing the bird design and changing the fasces setup.

FeRK29O.png

The fourth flag here is a flag for the Syrian Social-Nationalist State, based off the party flag of the Syrian Social-Nationalist Party, which - despite their claims to the contrary - have really eerie Fascist and Nazi undertones (or rather, incredibly blatant overtones such as the swastika-esque party logo and colors).

bextNG2.png

Fifth flag is the flag of Tripolitania, which in HoI4 is the flag of Fascist Libya (Tripolitania being the historical name, with HoI4 also using 'Italian/[Insert Overlord Here] North Africa' and 'Africa Nova' as alternative names, the former when it is a puppet and the latter when it is independent, respectively).

GQpKP72.png

Sixth flag is for Fascist Yugoslavia, or Radikalna Yugoslavia to use HoI4's name for it (not sure if I spelled the 'Radikalna' part correctly). Instead of the design that HoI4 uses, however, I went with the "Slavic Sun Wheel" commonly used by various Balkan Slav nationalists.

fSaBUdj.png

Departing from explicitly Fascist flags now, the seventh flag here is a rough recreation of the flag for the Republic of Zaire, the name for the Congo used by the authoritarian regime of Joseph Mobutu (or Mobutu Sese Seko, as he had changed his name to).

6WUhdkP.png

The eighth flag for tonight is a rough recreation of this United Republic of Cyprus flag proposal on r/Vexillology: given that I don't have an overlay of the Cypriot coat-of-arms' dove, I had to make do with Flag Maker's default dove, plus the laurel leaves from the IRL Cyprus flag. The purple color is supposed to represent unity between both the Turkish Cypriot and Greek Cypriot halves of the island, as purple is a mixture of red and blue (red being the color of the Turkish Cypriots, and blue being the color of the Greek Cypriots).

dwd3Pho.png

Lastly, the final flag for tonight is a revamp of my old design for the Democratic Confederation of Rojava.

That's all that I have to share for tonight, enjoy! Until next time!

Cross post
Overseas Territory of Zange
zange-umeheran-png.476416

"I stand here in Zanzibar Square where at sunset today the flag of the Overseas Territory of Zange will be lowered for the last time.
In its place will rise the flag of the Republic of Swahili, marking the accession of this former colony as a full member of the Union of Meheran."

Flag of Nazi controlled Balearic Islands. Basically Franco makes a deal with some of the surviving Nazi leadership, allowing them to set up a government in exile on the Balearic Islands. However it is made clear they are under Spains control. They go through a reform, dropping many of their racial extermination programs, but still view racial purity as a must for proper rights. The US more or less turns a blind eye because of the Soviet threat. After Franco dies, they declare themselves independent. They exist as an authoritarian republic with rigged elections, and also view the German and Spanish ethnicities as equal. They are allies with several other dictatorships and even carry out diplomacy with some democratic nations.
IMG_0030.JPG

The flag maintains the colors of the Third Reich flag, and is a direct challenge to the c-pennant of occupied Germany

I liked the original for its “almost OTL” aspect that ended up looking really cool and plausible. This flag just feels too modern for the eighteenth century, at least to me. Though it does look pretty cool.
Thanks man. Do you have any critiques for either? I like the first one a more, but I feel it borders on plagiarism with the US from Glen's DoSA timeline.

Thanks man. Do you have any critiques for either? I like the first one a more, but I feel it borders on plagiarism with the US from Glen's DoSA timeline.
Idk, it’s just a plausible variant. Maybe if independence is similar you could try working with only the original thirteen stars? Or maybe you could extend the canton all the way down but just “spangle” the stars haphazardly and keep the canton-half blue? Just throwing out ideas. The second just feels too ideal to be real, if you get what I’m saying. Overall good work on both dude, don’t stress about it!

Deleted member 107125

Ya silly fashie-Nazi, don't ya know that "Alt Left" is a term invented by deh Alt-Right to label anyone who disagreez with dem? and that dem and deh Russkies are in league with killer clowns and I identify az an ultra-sexual, multi-binary white-black penguin-chopper?.

(those were sarcasm in case anyone gets in a tizzy about them)

Joking aside, I'm quite impressed that you made your take on a 2nd American Civil War very multi-faceted than just "right vs left", perhaps making it more nuanced than "right iz evil" (even if there might be a bit of a bias but whatever).
Maybe don’t bring Chat into this?

Flag of Nazi controlled Balearic Islands. Basically Franco makes a deal with some of the surviving Nazi leadership, allowing them to set up a government in exile on the Balearic Islands. However it is made clear they are under Spains control. They go through a reform, dropping many of their racial extermination programs, but still view racial purity as a must for proper rights. The US more or less turns a blind eye because of the Soviet threat. After Franco dies, they declare themselves independent. They exist as an authoritarian republic with rigged elections, and also view the German and Spanish ethnicities as equal. They are allies with several other dictatorships and even carry out diplomacy with some democratic nations.
View attachment 476480
The flag maintains the colors of the Third Reich flag, and is a direct challenge to the c-pennant of occupied Germany
Germans in Ibiza? Not so different from OTL :p

Maybe don’t bring Chat into this?
Reporting for political discussion outside of chat and transphobia
Do you really need to bring that up right now even though it was clearly meant to be sarcastic and a joke? Not to mention that I made that post 4 months ago, and I didn't get that much flak for it.

Edit: I should've mention this earlier, the whole "I identify as random X" isn't meant to be demeaning towards trangender people but rather as part of the joke where the idea of the term being something made up by the Alt-Right is as likely as me being something non-human, of which I am human otherwise. And I don't care if some people can debate about how true the idea of the Alt-Left existing is, that's not my concern (neither with people identifying as non-binary), all I did was made something positive starting with a joke not meant to be against trangenders. Sheesh, no wonder some people have trouble joking as some will get offended over them and make a big deal out of them like they're somehow on par with dealing with climate change and domestic terrorism.

Last edited:

Deleted member 107125

Do you really need to bring that up right now even though it was clearly meant to be sarcastic and a joke? Not to mention that I made that post 4 months ago, and I didn't get that much flak for it.

Edit: I should've mention this earlier, the whole "I identify as random X" isn't meant to be demeaning towards trangender people but rather as part of the joke where the idea of the term being something made up by the Alt-Right is as likely as me being something non-human, of which I am human otherwise. And I don't care if some people can debate about how true the idea of the Alt-Left existing is, that's not my concern (neither with people identifying as non-binary), all I did was made something positive starting with a joke not meant to be against trangenders. Sheesh, no wonder some people have trouble joking as some will get offended over them and make a big deal out of them like they're somehow on par with dealing with climate change and domestic terrorism.
My apologies. I have misunderstood your post and I apologise for such slander, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.