Status
Not open for further replies.
The flag of the Khmer Republic, using the colors of pre-1863 Cambodian flag:
_alternate__flag_of_the_khmer_republic_by_ramones1986-d9v5uki.png

Asami

Banned
I recently revised my NS canon after some notes here. I fashioned a flag to represent the 26 provinces of the Empire! Though I may need to... configure it some more. :p

2Rh2syG.png

Alternate World Flags

My first post on this site :) Hope i'm following the rules :eek:

I'm gonna go through the nation alphabet and make alternate versions of there flags. First up, Afghanistan!

Afghanistan.png

My first post on this site :) Hope i'm following the rules :eek:

I'm gonna go through the nation alphabet and make alternate versions of there flags. First up, Afghanistan!

nothing against the rules but just a recommendation: if a large external part of the flag is white, maybe put a 1 pixel grey line around it so it doesn't merge with the background. As it stands, your flag look like it has 2 vertical bars only.

nothing against the rules but just a recommendation: if a large external part of the flag is white, maybe put a 1 pixel grey line around it so it doesn't merge with the background. As it stands, your flag look like it has 2 vertical bars only.

I can see what you mean XD and definitely will take it into account on the next flag :) thankyou :D

Here's Algeria! :D

It could be used for a timeline were north africa doesn't convert to Islam or even a more secular Algeria :)

Hope this isnt spamming? :eek: XD I'll stop for a while now :p

Algeria.png

Perhaps daily or biweekly posts with multiple flags?
Maybe? :) I'm up to the Bahamas right now XD.. I guess it would give more life to the flag thread? :D I dont wanna be seen as spamming though XD Maybe... 2 flags, every other day? :)

That looks like an anarcho-nationalist Albania to me!

Anyway good flags!

Thanks :) and tbh.. it reminds me of the rebel flags on Europa Universalis :D

First post, so I hope I'm doing everything right...
I'm really into the Goths, and I really love flags, so I wanted to make some Gothic flags. I hope they're okay.
I'm attaching the Visigoth flag today, tomorrow I will attach the Ostrogoth one because I can't upload two images in the same post.
The Visigothic flag is very basic. It's the yellow and red stripes typical of Northern Iberia and southern France, with a Visigothic cross. The current local cultures take a lot from the Goths, so I feel it fits in well to follow their vexillological traditions.
Please offer constructive criticism, by the way! I'm really out of practice. (Again, sorry if I did anything wrong, it's my first post!)

Visigoth_flag.png

Welcome :D
I dont think your flag could use any criticism, Its very well designed in my eyes :) It does look like Catalan/Aragonese flags and the Visigothic cross almost reminds me of this cross used in Toulouse. Admittedly the Goths are not a strong point of my knowledge of history :eek:

Two variants of the same design. The alternate version of the Red Ensign used from the reign of Ayutthaya monarch Narai the Great to the end of Thonburi era.
flag_of_thailand__ca__1665___1782____version_1_by_ramones1986-d9w5v1d.png

flag_of_thailand__ca__1665___1782_____version_2_by_ramones1986-d9w5zzc.png

First post, so I hope I'm doing everything right...
I'm really into the Goths, and I really love flags, so I wanted to make some Gothic flags. I hope they're okay.
I'm attaching the Visigoth flag today, tomorrow I will attach the Ostrogoth one because I can't upload two images in the same post.
The Visigothic flag is very basic. It's the yellow and red stripes typical of Northern Iberia and southern France, with a Visigothic cross. The current local cultures take a lot from the Goths, so I feel it fits in well to follow their vexillological traditions.
Please offer constructive criticism, by the way! I'm really out of practice. (Again, sorry if I did anything wrong, it's my first post!)
Welcome! That looks like a pretty nice flag to me! :)

Thanks for the feedback! Today I'm going to do the Ostrogoth one.
The Ostrogothic flag is more complex. For the most part, it's purely Gothic, with the eagle and the colours, which were taken from Gothic jewellery. What makes it Ostrogothic is the shape: the Ostrogoths used polyhedral beads, which, from some angles, look like a rhombus with four triangles around it. So that's what I based it on.

Ostrogothic_flag.png

Status
Not open for further replies.