Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vance is purple?:eek::eek:

Tell me they add Nikki anyhow when they do get their own book. (Or was that only a 6ish run in MSH...?)

BTW, I hope you haven't butterflied Rich & Doug's Deathlok, starting in AT #25. He was one of my two favorite introductions from this period.
One thing that would happen under a ''Big 4'' system'' would be less of a need for Indy comics.
What does that mean for the likes of Scout, JSF, Justice Machine, Elementals, EQ, & DFH? Where would you expect them to land?

Personally, I'd love to see them at a major, & surviving--except, they might be so idiosyncratic, that might be impossible, especially if creator ownership is in play.:eek: Not to mention, an outfit like TTL's Atlas is less tolerant of low sales than 4Winds or Dark Horse might be.

Last edited:
Personally, I'd love to see them at a major, & surviving--except, they might be so idiosyncratic, that might be impossible, especially if creator ownership is in play.:eek: Not to mention, an outfit like TTL's Atlas is less tolerant of low sales than 4Winds or Dark Horse might be.

In that case, Charlton's own Universe would probably get a boost. This said, I'm more interested in Fawcett buying out Dell. Not to mention FINALLY getting Captain Midnight back where he belongs and into publication.

Last edited:
OK, I was feeling bored, so I made this comic cover for Kelly's Eye Issue 1.

OIxPm1V.jpg

For those of you not in the know, IOTL, Kelly's eye was a British comic strip from the pages of Knockout in 1962 or 3. It was essentially about this young American called Tim Kelly who, on route to claiming a fortune in South America left to him by a recently passed Uncle, unds up nearly getting sold into Slavery by a Corrupt Police Cheif and saving a tribe of Native Incans who, in gratitude, give him one of two mystical gems called the ''Eyes of Zoltec'' after an old Incan God or Emperor. The Right ''Eye'' is known as the ''Eye of Everlasting Life'' which essentially makes Tim immune to all forms of death and Injury including stabbing, blunt force trauma, burning, drowning, even a nuclear explosion. Naturally, he decides to become an adventurer and use the powers of the eye to combat evil throughout the world. The left eye, the Eye of Obedience, which grants the user the power mind control, is in the hands of Kelly's nemesis. A South American Renegade and terrorist, known only as Diablo

Of course, I'm not sure if ITTL Kelly still debuts in a British Comic like in OTL, But considering he was more Unique than Janus was, I'm pretty sure he had a longer initial run than he did.

The Spider a British comic book character (Renamed OrbWeever in the States) began as a supervillain before becoming a superhero. He appeared in Lion between 26 June 1965 and 26 April 1969 and was reprinted in Vulcan. He was created by writer Ted Cowan and artist Reg Bunn. Jerry Siegel took over the writing of the character with his third adventure, when brought to Fawcett and would write the bulk of his adventures. However Fawcett would face problems from Green Hornet inc. Who argued that that this Character was similar to Brit Reid a baseless accusation however the Green Hornet had a loyal fanbase and it was decided that the argument would be settled with a crossover.
When Green Hornet left Gold Key comics at the end of the year Fawcett would pick up the lease in 1970 ( Jerry Siegel would write both series plus the crossover)
PSX_20190916_201840.jpg
Green_hornet_logo_by_chucky_14567-d41du66.png

The Spider, a British comic book character, (Renamed OrbWeever in the States) began as a supervillain before becoming a superhero. He appeared in Lion between 26 June 1965 and 26 April 1969 and was reprinted in Vulcan. He was created by writer Ted Cowan and artist Reg Bunn. Jerry Siegel took over the writing of the character with his third adventure, when brought to Fawcett and would write the bulk of his adventures. However, Fawcett would face problems from Green Hornet inc. Who argued that this Character was similar to Brit Reid a baseless accusation, however, the Green Hornet had a loyal fanbase and it was decided that the argument would be settled with a crossover.
When Green Hornet left Gold Key comics at the end of the year Fawcett would pick up the lease in 1970 ( Jerry Siegel would write both series plus the crossover)
View attachment 488449 View attachment 488450

So, the Hornet is going to be at Fawcett. Now things are getting interesting. Let's see where this all goes. Looking forward to the Misfits and the rest of Heroes Inc.

OK. So I've been thinking. If DC is going to still become Warners', Fawcett may or may not be going to Viacom, that leaves the question of who gets the other two? I mean, do we still assume that Atlas still ends up going to Disney? If so then, who gets Charlton? Universal? Fox? Ted Turner?

In order to bring in more boys to read the Wonder Woman and Batwoman titles writer Denis O'Neill introduced some new Male love intrest for DCs Heroines
170101595_orig.jpg

Nightmaster in the pages of Wonder Woman
2548317-tim_trench_01.jpg

And Private eye Tim Trench in the pages of Batwoman

In order to bring in more boys to read the Wonder Woman and Batwoman titles writer Denis O'Neill introduced some new Male love intrest for DCs Heroines
View attachment 489289
Nightmaster in the pages of Wonder Woman
View attachment 489288
And Private eye Tim Trench in the pages of Batwoman

DC is going down a much different path with Fawcett still around. It seems to be becoming more down to Earth, with certain elements taken from it.

DC is going down a much different path with Fawcett still around. It seems to be becoming more down to Earth, with certain elements taken from it.
Well that's because ITTL Supermans Silverage was more grounded having never met the Legion of superheroes or fought Brainiac and Bizarro. Infact his stories don't Start getting Sci fi until Jack Kirby jumps ship

Frank Frazetta returns to comics with Vampirella a fictional character, a comic book vampire superheroine created by Forrest J Ackerman and comic book artist Trina Robbins in Warren Publishing's black-and-white horror comics magazine Vampirella #1 as a sister series to Warren's Errie. Writer-editor Archie Goodwin later developed the character from horror-story hostesses, in which capacity she remained through issue #8 (Nov. 1970), to a horror-drama leading character.
1-1.jpg

In September of 1969 the pro-Comunist organization of College students known as The Weathermen organized a public burning of quote on quote comics depicting jingoistic fascists propaganda namely Captain America, Comando Yank, Superman, and Wonder Woman at the UofMs Wolverine stadium
Fawcett responded by canceling Camando Yank (though he would show up in the issues of Hawk & Dove having been discharged from Nam)
DC comics would take this opportunity to introduce Quality comics Uncle Sam in the pages of Spectre
Atlas who had just showcased Falcon in Captain America Stan Lee and Jack Kirby joked that these punks clearly never read our books
PSX_20190917_203550.jpg

Suggestions to give Sam Wilson Wings was rejected as he would look like a knock off of Black Condor

Yeah, they won't last long I fear. Another thing I'm looking forward to is the coming of Wally Woods' new creations to see Fawcett into the 70s. Although, TBH, it'd be nice if John Cannon's 1st name was changed to something that doesn't start with the letter J. Maybe it's just me but there seems to be an Influx of characters with J names in the company. Maybe Chris Cannon?

Yeah, they won't last long I fear. Another thing I'm looking forward to is the coming of Wally Woods' new creations to see Fawcett into the 70s. Although, TBH, it'd be nice if John Cannon's 1st name was changed to something that doesn't start with the letter J. Maybe it's just me but there seems to be an Influx of characters with J names in the company. Maybe Chris Cannon?
What's wrong with John Cannon? Am I missing something?

Ed Herron
Fawcett Comics

Herron joined Fawcett Comics in 1940, eventually becoming the company's executive editor by 1942. With artist Mac Raboy, he created Captain Marvel Jr. in Whiz Comics #25 (Dec. 1941), and with Jack Kirby he created Mr. Scarlet in Wow Comics #1 (Winter 1940-1941) and Pinky the Whiz Kid in Wow Comics #4 (Spring 1942). It was in the Mr. Scarlet story in Wow Comics #1 that the name "Gotham City" first appeared in the comics. Comics historian Greg Theakston notes that this pre-dates its name as such in DC Comics' Batman #4. During this period, Herron wrote for such Fawcett titles as Captain Marvel Adventures and Captain Marvel Jr..

World War II
Herron joined the U.S. Army in 1942, where he wrote for the military newspaper Stars and Stripes during his tour of duty. While at Stars and Stripes, Herron met artist Curt Swan, who later became the definitive Captain Marvel artist. According to Swan, it was Herron who first directed him to Fawcett Comics.

(Original from Wikipedia, changes made by me.)