Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Golden Arrow ... Maybe make him an actual Native American?
I really like that idea. I have to wonder if DC might still not sue, less-litigious times or no.
success of the Martian Detective
If that's more/less OTL J'onn J'onzz, I like it a lot. IMO, J'onn's always been under-rated & poorly used (except, maybe, in JLI...) Except, like Supes or Thor, with so much power, why does he need help?
It was rare in comics around that era where a loved one of a superhero found out said hero's identity
Didn't that apply to Hank & Jan? I honestly don't know; I only ever saw them as a couple in Avengers...
Spy Smasher
I wonder if you can't just give him a Hobgoblin update: put somebody else in a similar suit, with no other connection but the name.
Mortimer ''Morty'' Glueme
*sigh* That's up there with Ed Nigma for bad character names.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Janus Snape, or The Incredible Adventures of Janus Snape, was a British comic strip series, written by Tom Tully and drawn by Francisco Solano López. It debuted on 15 March 1969 in the magazine Smash and ran in syndication until 1971. And released by Fawcett Enterprise in April 1st in the United States. (Americans thought he was to similar to DC's Detective Ralph Dibley: Plastic Man without the comedy)Though not really popular in the US in the UK the Stretchy Victorian Detective would influence the Punk Rock band Janus Snape, as well as rumors that J.K Rowling using the name for Harry Potter's Godfather Sirius Snape.
A2vDt6k.jpg

I really like that idea. I have to wonder if DC might still not sue, less-litigious times or no?

Didn't that apply to Hank & Jan? I honestly don't know; I only ever saw them as a couple in Avengers...

I wonder if you can't just give him a Hobgoblin update: put somebody else in a similar suit, with no other connection but the name.
  1. No DC will retaliate by stealing Fawcett's superstar artist Neil Adams
  2. Yeah it was a troupe of the Silverage (heck in way Daredevil Born again was argument against telling your loved ones your secret identities)
  3. Oh Spy-Smasher will be going through his Roger Moore gaze soon

Janus Snape, or The Incredible Adventures of Janus Snape, was a British comic strip series, written by Tom Tully and drawn by Francisco Solano López. It debuted on 15 March 1969 in the magazine Smash and ran in syndication until 1971. And released by Fawcett Enterprise in April 1st in the United States. (Americans thought he was to similar to DC's Detective Ralph Dibley: Plastic Man without the comedy)Though not really popular in the US in the UK the Stretchy Victorian Detective would influence the Punk Rock band Janus Snape, as well as rumors that J.K Rowling using the name for Harry Potter's Godfather Sirius Snape. View attachment 487887

Good to have ya back, man.

Shame that Janus never took off in the states. Still, maybe we'll see him return in the pages of Fawcett later down the line. Not every British made character can be Tim Kelly or Mytek.

1. Oh Spy-Smasher will be going through his Roger Moore gaze soon

Does that mean he's going to end up in a Tuxedo, or that he's going to have his own solo title?

Good to have ya back, man.

Shame that Janus never took off in the states. Still, maybe we'll see him return in the pages of Fawcett later down the line. Not every British made character can be Tim Kelly or Mytek.

Does that mean he's going to end up in a Tuxedo, or that he's going to have his own solo title?
  • Sorry it took so long but you can't change a British characters name to Snape and not question how it effects the Harry Potter series ( Sirius Snape is named after the Punk band FYI after a friend pointed out the connection when she was originally going to use the name for Professor Severus Black)
  • I mean Spy-Smasher comics emulate the 007 movies of the time and will soon have a replacement that's more disco camp

No question DC'd retaliate, but Fawcett can't know what the reaction's going to be.
All the same, Fawcett has a new superstar. Bill Black will probably lead the company art wise through the 70s with López.

• Sorry it took so long but you can't change a British characters name to Snape and not question how it effects the Harry Potter series ( Sirius Snape is named after the Punk band FYI after a friend pointed out the connection when she was originally going to use the name for Professor Severus Black)

Fair Enough. So, as I asked before, What is the status of The Spider by Jerry Siegel? Is he one of Fawcett's now? As I said, I should have remembered this for 1965, but better late than never. Also, maybe he should get his name changed to Silkworm or something to avoid clashing with Atlas.

Also, would love to know. Who owns the rights to Janus? Fawcett or ICP who published Smash?

I'm still not sure on the Silkworm name? His look also is to similar to Black Adam

How about The Mamba? Also, I noticed that too. Maybe this could be tied back to the Adam Clan. Like maybe The Mamba is the descendant of Black Adam and the Ancient Ancestor of Teth-2?

Last edited:
So
Is it me, or does that look a lot like Tigra?

In this case, there are a number of Instances where characters are edited versions of others. It helps with the visual representation. The 2nd Spy Smasher is a recoloured Dynamo, Mr Scarlett is Daredevil and the 2nd Blue Beetle, Minuteman's new costume is from an Old Buck Rodgers mag, Golden Arrow is a recolour of Nightwolf from MK andHunchback is a recolour of some Marvel Villain.

Captain Gul EcSee View attachment 483334
He was never really popular
Actually a more credible name.:cool: He was popular with me. (OK, Starlin's stories were a bit impenetrable, but that's Starlin. And I was about 10.;)) And if he keeps close to OTL, you get the best angle on the sidekick ever: Rick Jones.:cool:

One question (if you know): was 52pp standard for the book? Based on the cover price, when everything else would've been, what, 12 cents? 15? (IIRC, they hadn't gone to 20 yet.)
there are a number of Instances where characters are edited versions of others.
I got that. I was more wondering if this was Don Perlin ripping off Fawcett:eek: or just an in-TL convenience.
bringing with them a kind of comic art that many Americans have never seen before. For those who don't know, British Comics in the 60s and 70s stressed a kind of near Photorealistic art style with colouring that resembles that of a watercolour painting.
That makes me think what Fawcett (or somebody) would have to bring over is British colorists, rather than pencillers. (That brings up the issue of just how important coloring is, & how little credit colorists seem to get...)
Just one more quick thing. If Cockrum (That's how it's spelt, BTW) goes to dc, I think it's only right that Chris Claremont joins him. Those two did a lot of work together and shouldn't be broken up. As an exchange, since that leaves Atlas depleted, I would recommend sending George Perez and Marv Wolfman over to Atlas to work on X-Men.
I don't see a reason for Chris to go to Fawcett, & I wouldn't want him off X-Men (nothing against Marv, who I liked on TNT); him jumping probably butterflies IF entire, & I'll do anything I can to save him.;)

Put Chris & George (& Dan Green {Nothing against Terry, but I like Dan's inking on George's pencils better.}) on X-Men (& IF?)? You can have Byrne... (That probably means Logan is closer to Len's original creation: more erudite, not 174 & a Commodore in the Venitian Navy...:rolleyes: )

If X-Men has no Nightcrawler, what are the chances of Chris & George coming up with somebody new? (I don't see Thunderbird surviving in any case.) Keep Sunfire? (Seems unlikely, too.)

And just because I find the multiple colors odd, another take on the new(er) Lightning Boy:lightning boy xx.jpg

Last edited:
I Just had an idea. What if, when Dick Giordano leaves DC in 1971, he joins up with Fawcett with maybe, Mike Friedrich and Steve Englehart?

Last edited:
Something tells me that as the 70s roll around and magic-based stories become big again, Kelly's Eye may get its own series again.