Ships appear...

A patrol from the Classis of Galleons stops them...

Colombus discovers that the "Indians" have more firepower than all of Europe and Asia put together.

Oh... Shit.
Columbus: Ahh, new lands and natives to conquer. I could really go for a drink.
Elysium/America: Here you go.
Columbus: Thanks....W A I T.........

the other hand, I announce that in the next chapters Elysium will undergo a remarkable provincial change. Mostly to make it easier when making maps...​
Try to make a good map with rivers and territories...​

SPOILER_North_America_Admn._Dvsn..png
Personally, I think the provinces should go more along rivers and mountains, too many straight lines for my taste. Straight lines in America where the result of english kings granting lands from the other side of the ocean without knowing what's there, and then the Congress did the same thing.

Other than that, I am enjoying this timeline very much, I have been reading It for few days when I have a moment and today I could finally read all. I like how the Elysians keep this balance of "brutality and sophistication" that was so characteristic of the romans.

Ju, now electric trains, industrial machinery and war games. Eurasia has no chance.

Columbus: I claim this land in the name of God and Spain! -nailing the flag-

Elysium Police: This is for you. -gives him a piece of paper-

Columbus: What is it?

Police: A fine for littering -gesturing towards the flag-

Columbus: W H A T

Personally, I think the provinces should go more along rivers and mountains, too many straight lines for my taste. Straight lines in America where the result of english kings granting lands from the other side of the ocean without knowing what's there, and then the Congress did the same thing
Yea, it's not what I'd call pretty 😂

Personally, I think the provinces should go more along rivers and mountains, too many straight lines for my taste. Straight lines in America where the result of english kings granting lands from the other side of the ocean without knowing what's there, and then the Congress did the same thing.

Other than that, I am enjoying this timeline very much, I have been reading It for few days when I have a moment and today I could finally read all. I like how the Elysians keep this balance of "brutality and sophistication" that was so characteristic of the romans.
I would not attach much importance in the province , historically they changed overtime
It's not like they are states , the senate play a role based in population , economic impact and political impact of the various provincial populations , so the areas are of importance only to the various governors .
We will have the heartland east coast/ great lakes areas massively urbanized and maybe even the south considering that in this TL the Romans did not expose the area to African disease, after that we have the west that is not really urbanized at all considering the lack of rivers for semi industry or the electric industrialization (plus the west coast that we don't know really much) and the recently conquered Mexico basin that is restive maybe or in the direction of integration considering that the Romans deposed the hated atzec plus by the tolmec era the area is Roman imspired.

Chapter 40 Caesar Titus Claudius Corvus 2241 AUC / 1488 AD - 2260 AUC / 1507 AD
HERE WE COME
HERE COME THE BOOM

unknown.png
While Elysium continued with the process of expanding its Railway. Caesar Corvus's reign was marked by rapid development and settlement in the provinces of Mexico, first by riverboats and later aided by the completion of the transcontinental railroad. Large numbers of freedmen took free or low-cost farms. At the same time that the discovery of gold, silver and copper mines became the engine of the economy in the region. Although most of the newcomers aspired to find gold and there were some small mines, the vast majority were content with the discovery of large deposits of silver.

Caesar Corvus, seeing the prosperity of the Empire decided to build a monument to the prosperity of the Empire. The monument was a colossal sculpture of Venus Genetrix, a sculptural type showing the Roman goddess Venus in her aspect as a robed Genetrix ("foundress of the family"). She performing the Roman salute over her head with her right hand, and in her left hand she carries a tabula ansata inscribed with the date of the beginning of the Elysian Empire. A Gladius and a broken crown lie at her feet as she walks forward, commemorating military victories and the rejection of the monarchy.

The monument's design contained elements of classical architecture, including Doric portals, as well as some elements influenced by Aztec architecture.

In form, the structure was a truncated pyramid, 70 square feet at the base and 40 feet at the top. All four sides are identical in appearance. On top of that, a balcony was placed on each side, framed by pillars. A separate viewing platform was placed near the top of the plinth, on which the statue stands.

postkarte-zeppelinfeld-1938.jpg
Apart from this statue, in Augusta Elysium it was decided to reform the Field of Mars. The reform was carried out by moving the field and building 11 square kilometers of urban complex. The objective of the new Campus Martius was that it would also be a parade ground so that 500,000 legionnaires could be deployed with 2,500,000 spectators in stands around the field. In addition, 100 cement towers were built that had statues of Roman Legionnaires on top in a resting position. Apart from the fact that in the box where an important person: Emperor, Dominarch, Senator or any politician or leader, could give a speech, two statues of Venus and Mars were made on top.

But in October 1492, a flotilla of three ships that waved flags of golden castles with three battlements, masonry of sable and clear of azure together on a silver field, a rampant lion of purple, tongued and armed with gules, and crowned of gold. The design of the three medium-sized ships was reminiscent of an Ampluvis although the design was cruder. Even so, the Classis (Navy) stopped the overseas fleet and the Navis Legatus (Admiral) Quintus Fabius Maximus moved to start conversations with the newcomers since they obeyed the orders of the Marinus (Marine) although the Latin they spoke was a broken and corrupted version although they could understand each other in their own way.

In the city of Portus Guainabo, the Navis Legatus Maximus and the Admiral, Christophorus Columbus conversed at length. The reappearance of Europeans on Elysium was met with disbelief and alarm from both the authorities and the population. The memories of the Viking invasion returned and a possible invasion by this kingdom called Castillae was feared. As a gesture of goodwill, the crew members were allowed to tour the city although they were forbidden to leave it and had to go unarmed under search and each accompanied by a slave who would serve as their guide and watchman.

After a month of talks in which Columbus witnessed various weapons and ships in simulated combat that included the use of firearms, naval artillery and military training. This made Columbus return to Europe after that, carrying the news to the Catholic Monarchs. But with the discovery of Elysium, Castile who longed to find India and compete with Portugal in their commercial
christopher-columbus-fake-history.jpg
monopoly that they had controlled since the early 1400s. Unlike the Portuguese whose main objective was trade, not colonization or conquest, whose trade brought the European market gold, ivory, pepper, cotton, sugar and slaves of great value. The Castilians soon thought of a more permanent colonial expansion similar to that carried out in the Canary Islands, in which they tried for the first time on a certain scale the experience of conquering, populating and administering a new territory, inhabited by unknown peoples, assimilating and Christianizing them in the process.

A year later, Christopher Columbus began a journey to officially discover and take possession of the new lands for the Crown, later a month later, Christopher Columbus would reach what we know as Brazil, landing in what OTL would be known as Recife. After officiating the first mass, Columbus took possession of the land in the name of the Kings of Castile and began the construction of the first colonial settlement of Castile in America while a ship traveled the coast and began to name the main geographical features.

In the middle of the reconnaissance, he found only the pernambuco wood as an exploitable resource, made of reddish wood that could be used in the dry cleaners that would later exploit the pernambuco wood, the first economic activity of the colony together with the subsequent sugar imported from the Canary Islands. By 1500 A.D he had managed to establish a large-scale sugar economy, thanks to a series of favorable conditions. In addition, he had access to a necessary workforce in the form of enslaved Indians. Finally, Castilla achieved a rapid penetration of sugar in European markets.​

I expected much more focus in the Columbian exchange than this but ok
You would think the Elysians would patrol both continents they have the power there WAY more powerful than the British Empire which was only situated on an Island here we have an empire that covers a entire continent
Yea they have better ships but they trade in the Mexican gulf and within eyesight of the east coast , if I remember correctly they don't have the compass (a little strange considering they have industrial-esque magnets) but really they are primarily a land power and politically they don't think of themselves as the masters of the Atlantic or the Pacific .

Plus in regards of the Monroe doctrine they don't have explored Brasil and don't really know about the colony there.
And they will care only when the Christians will bother them(missionaries), and now they have problems of their own with the population collapse so I don't think they will care.
It's gonna hit like the old black death for impact so the east coast will be devastating .
Rethinking it's gonna be the black death .

The Elysians have a population of 100 million it won’t have as much of an impact as you think even if 20 million die those number will bounce back in 50 years the Russians lost 20 Million and there population keep increasing and we are in the industrial revolution and much more advanced they won’t have as much deaths as Europeans did during the Black Death as the Elysians have already experienced plagues before which killed 6 million people
True, there will be plague, but it will not be OTL America Apocalyptic-levels of death. That's because Elysium has experienced death and plagues before, especially during the Old World period.

The Elysians have a population of 100 million it won’t have as much of an impact as you think even if 20 million die those number will bounce back in 50 years the Russians lost 20 Million and there population keep increasing and we are in the industrial revolution and much more advanced they won’t have as much deaths as Europeans did during the Black Death as the Elysians have already experienced plagues before which killed 6 million people
Yea in the long run not a problem , but in the short one? It can create crisis after crisis , economic one, famine , it created enormous problems for medieval Europe now imagine large scale infections in little industrial towns or mines, soo yea I don't think they will expand or care about south America .

I expected much more focus in the Columbian exchange than this but ok
Plus in regards of the Monroe doctrine they don't have explored Brasil and don't really know about the colony there.
And they will care only when the Christians will bother them(missionaries).

I think we were all expecting more from the Columbus but expedition but he was only 3 ships and spoke Latin to the patrol ship. No real reason to rush the drama. Plus Columbus was Italian despite sailing for Spain and spoke Latin (not well but enough to communicate) so they treated him respectfully. They let him tour the city, shared knowledge, conducted trade, and stay there for a month before sending him and his crew back with a clear message to the Europeans that this continent is Roman and far more advanced so stay away. Which is all well and good because Castile went to Brazil and not the Caribbean. So no real reason to rush the fight when they can allow the Castilian colony and trade for wood so as not to incur the cost for colonizing Brazil/SA. Could represent early diplomatic relations with Europe. Maybe Elysium only allows for trade with Spain and Italy

I think we were all expecting more from the Columbus but expedition but he was only 3 ships and spoke Latin to the patrol ship. No real reason to rush the drama. Plus Columbus was Italian despite sailing for Spain and spoke Latin (not well but enough to communicate) so they treated him respectfully. They let him tour the city, shared knowledge, conducted trade, and stay there for a month before sending him and his crew back with a clear message to the Europeans that this continent is Roman and far more advanced so stay away. Which is all well and good because Castile went to Brazil and not the Caribbean. So no real reason to rush the fight when they can allow the Castilian colony and trade for wood so as not to incur the cost for colonizing Brazil/SA. Could represent early diplomatic relations with Europe. Maybe Elysium only allows for trade with Spain and Italy
All is good for now until the Missionaries start spreading the world of Christian god in Elysium and the Pope and Church starts screaming "DEUS VULT" and HERESY.

Can't wait to see the epic meltdown of the Pope and his church, making him so salty and jealous that you can harvest it for profit 🤣🤣😂😂

All is good for now until the Missionaries start spreading the world of Christian god in Elysium and the Pope and Church starts screaming "DEUS VULT" and HERESY.

Can't wait to see the epic meltdown of the Pope and his church, making him so salty and jealous that you can harvest it for profit 🤣🤣😂😂
See, this is why I want to see the Napoleon type emperor start proclaiming himself or be proclaimed as a god because it could set up an offshoot of Elysium that gets accepted as the new Roman Catholicism where the Catholics accept the emperor as descended from Jesus.

Yeah but on a military level they can they have an industry that outstrips all of Europe combined and army’s can be raised in the millions the United States in ww1 with about the same population as Elysians raised an army of 5 million

Well when the Elysians want to start there war machine back up for more imperial expansion and start looking south the Europeans and natives are fucked because the Elysians are brutal
Agreed. It would be no contest but there would still be a considerable cost to sending the troops overseas. I don’t see that as necessary just yet. Maybe when the missionaries become a problem but I can’t see too many natives Christianizing when other native tribes have already joined Elysium and adapted its culture. I see the Castillians as doing a job for Elysium tho I would like to see them playing favorites with Southern Europe