Die Alte Welt Hat Überlebt- A Central Powers Victory Collaborative Timeline

How many civil wars should Russia have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my idea for TTLs Democracy Index ranking, in the form of a map:

What do you think about it?

And here is the Index of Press and Net Freedom.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: the history of the world must be decided before we work on the modern day. Historical events are what determine the nature of the modern world, and so creating detailed maps of the modern world is not only disregarding the influence of historical events on society, but it’s also effectively dictating the past. Given there is only really solid lore up until the 1930s, deciding the makeup of the world 90 years on is premature at best, and forces everyone to work within the constraints you’ve established. Thus making maps like this (which, by showing something so specific like press freedom, effectively dictates the regime types of every nation in the world) is not only bad worldbuilding, it’s bad teamwork that goes against the collaborative nature of this project. I would once again urge everyone - not just you - to focus on developing the history of this world in a logical - and chronological - manner.

it’s bad teamwork that goes against the collaborative nature of this project.

I would heed objections etc., but as I get few objections (e.g. I will probably change the freedom index of Britain as @Ferd42 noted), it does not seem that people who collaborate here don't like my work. I am also planning to develop some lore on Germany and parts of Europe.
@Ferd42 is developing things in Britain, @mikroraptor in Ireland and China (and other regions), @Hindustani Person in India. So we are developing this TL.

This might seem like a dumb question, @Red Arturoist, but what does EFDG stand for? It probably is what I was referring to, but I am not entirely sure

The Europäische Freiheits- und Demokratiegemeinschaft, i.e. a European community developed by Germany (but since the 1970s no longer dominated by Germany) which, by now, includes Ukraine, many North Caucasian states (do you want Montana to be in it, @mikroraptor ?) and the Ottoman Empire.

The Flag of the Imperial Proactive League
Flag of the British Proactive party.
fakeflag-zq1-ct1-ct2.png

It was considered in 1925 that this might become the offical flag of the UK, but army pressure led to the Union Jack being maintained. It is still used occasionally today, most infamously by pro-goverment paramilitaries in Glascow.

I was thinking, would it make sense for people to "claim" a country, and do most of the worldbuilding for that country? Like I have done for Montana and Ireland, @Red Arturoist is doing for Germany, and @Ferd42 is doing for Britain. If you guys approve, I could quickly whip up a claim map. I would also include some provisions for splitting the work on a country, or only working on a specific time period. What do you think?

I was thinking, would it make sense for people to "claim" a country, and do most of the worldbuilding for that country? Like I have done for Montana and Ireland, @Red Arturoist is doing for Germany, and @Ferd42 is doing for Britain. If you guys approve, I could quickly whip up a claim map. I would also include some provisions for splitting the work on a country, or only working on a specific time period. What do you think?

I very much approve of this, and I would claim most of Eurpe except for Britain (@Ferd42 's area), Ireland (your area, @mikroraptor ) and the Baltoslavic Union (I would love to leave it to @Augenis ).

EDIT: I of course will respect your work on Poland, too, and I (currently at least) lack detailed ideas for Romania and Bulgaria. I'll also allow collaboration (e.g. with @BlackCrown on Spain), but I do have ideas for much of Europe.
And to be honest, on most of Africa, too.

Mikroraptor’s Claim Map
Claim map.png

My take on the claim map. If anyone else has a better knowledge of one of the already claimed areas, then I am sure that most of us would be happy to drop said claim. Any other claimants?
(sorry for the mess that is Poland, it was the best way I could think of to show the competing ideas there)

Last edited:
I would heed objections etc., but as I get few objections (e.g. I will probably change the freedom index of Britain as @Ferd42 noted), it does not seem that people who collaborate here don't like my work. I am also planning to develop some lore on Germany and parts of Europe. @Ferd42 is developing things in Britain, @mikroraptor in Ireland and China (and other regions), @Hindustani Person in India. So we are developing this TL.

I'm not commenting on specific instances, I'm saying that the development of the TL has to be chronological, otherwise it simply doesn't make sense. I am aware that the TL is being developed – that’s good. The problem is it’s not being developed enough; while everyone else is developing detailed lore for specific regions, making a map of the modern world is unnecessary. disregards both the reality of the progression of history and also the effort that other people are making by developing detailed lore. My thing is that you can’t just determine the entire course of world history, and then make small adjustments every time someone questions something.

I’m honestly not convinced by this idea. I feel that if we divide the world into small parts which are developed independently, each part will be developed in isolation without necessarily taking into account events elsewhere in the world that will bear an impact on events in each region. I don’t mind once we have developed an overall view of world history, people develop certain countries or regions in more detail – in fact that would be good – but we must have an idea of the course of global history first and foremost. I feel it’s important that a moderately detailed history of the world be developed by everyone before people split off.

I'm not commenting on specific instances, I'm saying that the development of the TL has to be chronological, otherwise it simply doesn't make sense. I am aware that the TL is being developed – that’s good. The problem is it’s not being developed enough; while everyone else is developing detailed lore for specific regions, making a map of the modern world is unnecessary. disregards both the reality of the progression of history and also the effort that other people are making by developing detailed lore. My thing is that you can’t just determine the entire course of world history, and then make small adjustments every time someone questions something.

I’m honestly not convinced by this idea. I feel that if we divide the world into small parts which are developed independently, each part will be developed in isolation without necessarily taking into account events elsewhere in the world that will bear an impact on events in each region. I don’t mind once we have developed an overall view of world history, people develop certain countries or regions in more detail – in fact that would be good – but we must have an idea of the course of global history first and foremost. I feel it’s important that a moderately detailed history of the world be developed by everyone before people split off.
You have a good point here. We can use the claim map later on

I very much approve of this, and I would claim most of Eurpe except for Britain (@Ferd42 's area), Ireland (your area, @mikroraptor ) and the Baltoslavic Union (I would love to leave it to @Augenis ).

EDIT: I of course will respect your work on Poland, too, and I (currently at least) lack detailed ideas for Romania and Bulgaria. I'll also allow collaboration (e.g. with @BlackCrown on Spain), but I do have ideas for much of Europe.
And to be honest, on most of Africa, too.
I leave Baltoslavia to you

You have a good point here. We can use the claim map later on

I am not convinced. I think e get a better, not a worse, result by using the claims map as we do read each others' posts. Why do you think that we couldn't or won't manage to develop it together with a claims map?

My thing is that you can’t just determine the entire course of world history, and then make small adjustments every time someone questions something.

As you have seen with East Asia, we are also prepared to make big changes, not just "small adjustments". I think we can work with both systems, but I do plan to post lore on European nations soon. So just don't panic.

Deleted member 107125

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: the history of the world must be decided before we work on the modern day. Historical events are what determine the nature of the modern world, and so creating detailed maps of the modern world is not only disregarding the influence of historical events on society, but it’s also effectively dictating the past. Given there is only really solid lore up until the 1930s, deciding the makeup of the world 90 years on is premature at best, and forces everyone to work within the constraints you’ve established. Thus making maps like this (which, by showing something so specific like press freedom, effectively dictates the regime types of every nation in the world) is not only bad worldbuilding, it’s bad teamwork that goes against the collaborative nature of this project. I would once again urge everyone - not just you - to focus on developing the history of this world in a logical - and chronological - manner.
I fully agree

Regarding my idea for Red Japan: I still like a red Japan, but by now, I am open to any kind of Japan as long as East Asian immigrants to Germany (or Europe) can form a significant part of their immigration in the 1940s-1990s/2000s.

Have we agreed on Japan yet? I myself am with @KaiserEmu here, but I find that a poll would be most useful.
My idea for Japan was: the "Democratic Republic of Japan" seen on my maps has little effective control over its territory, being essentially an anarchy. During and after ww2, Rodzhaevsky backs the Japanese Empire in exile, causing it to return to power, and invade China, as a Russian ally. Sino-American forces eventually defeated Japan, and it is reformed by China.

@mikroraptor , could you leave Italy and Greece and the Albanian areas to me?
I am fine with this, with the exception that I would like to work a little more on the rise of the Romanist ideology

Status
Not open for further replies.