Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d give the Chronicles of Narnia to another studio. Or did you forget that Disney has both Marvel and Star Wars along with their own movies. I’d give the major children’s franchise to someone else to level the playing field. Otherwise I agree completely.

The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe to Golden Harvest and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer

That’s a great idea. This version of the story should treat the Egyptian pantheon with more respect than it was in OTL. Maybe Set is secretly pulling the strings behind the scenes. He was the Egyptian version of Loki, after all. He’s not the kind of god to turn himself into a giant monster like the OTL film’s “Anubis”.

I think Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson could still be cast as the Scorpion King. He just needs better special effects in this timeline.

Personally, I’m more interested in the Dragon Emperor. He comes with his own army as well as being a powerful sorcerer in his own right. He has the potential to rival both Dracula and the Phantom King in power.
That sounds great to me. Egyptian mythology is pretty great, and it would be awesome to see Set be the real villain behind the Scorpion King, given his murder of Osiris and war against Horus for control of Egypt. I could definitely see him trying to use the Scorpion King to gain a foothold in the world of mortals or even better conquer it outright. Besides, 'giant monster' was more Apep's style, though I won't deny it would be great to see the Egyptian personification (well, snake-ification) of evil and chaos as the villain of a future movie.

He would be good for the role, yeah.

The Dragon Emperor has some cool powers for sure, and it would be interesting to see what he would be capable of if he had won. Though man was he brutal. Having his best general and supposed friend drawn and quartered just because he and the beautiful witch the warlord had recruited to find immortality fell in love? Sure, it defied his orders that no one was to touch her, but he still got what he wanted. It just wasn't enough for him, though, and he ended up paying for it.

Updated animation pipeline for the remainder of the 1990's...

Star Trek: First Contact (Paramount/Nelvana)
Princess Gwenevere (Universal/Hasbro/Gemini)
Balto (Amblimation/Geffen/Warner Bros)

Star Wars: Rise of the Sith (Disney)
The Eleventh Hour (DiC)
Cats Don't Dance (United Artists)

Mulan (Disney)
1984 (Disney; B-squad)
Prince of Egypt (Amblimation/Geffen/Warner Bros)
Star Trek: Insurrection (Paramount/Nelvana)
The Rugrats Movie (Nickelodeon)

The Phantom Menace (Disney)
Fantasia 2000 (Disney)
Doug's First Movie (Hemdale)
The Iron Giant (RKO Radio Pictures)
Cats (Amblimation/Geffen/Warner Bros)
Princess Mononoke (Ghibli/Geffen/Warner Bros)

TBD
Dog of Flanders
Herman's Head (Disney)
Chronicles of Narnia
Tarzan
Hercules and Xena (Columbia/Screen Gems)
Stuart Little
The Sign of the Seahorse (DiC)
Untitled Oz Project (United Artists)

If there is anything you'd like me to add, please let me know.

I'll also need a story outline for the writeup of Bride of Frankenstein.​

This lineup is great. Thanks for taking my Iron Giant and 1984 ideas on board. :) I'm guessing that, at best, Disney is going to get the rights to make Tarzan sometime in 1998 and probably get it out in maybe.....2000? 2001? I kinda hope that Amblimation will try to strike out alone at some point like Dreamworks did IOTL, I can see them doing a version of Shrek or something then. Maybe they'll pick up Brad Bird and do something akin to the Incredibles or a Woody Allen-less version of Antz.

Love the idea of an Animated Cats musical. Will it be more normal looking cats talking, or anthropomorphic, human-like cats, do you think?

Also, I'm not sure if you remember this but several pages ago, I suggested an animated version of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds musical in two parts, to be produced by either Ghibli or Toei Animation. The first part coming out in 1999 (My title for that being ''Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds: The Coming of the Martians.'') With Ghibli busy with Princess Mononoke however, realistically it would be up to Toei to do the animation and distribute the film in Japan, while maybe Saban or that Lionsgate coalition you mentioned earlier, dubs and distributes it in the west in time for maybe...October of 99? Would that be possible, do you think?

Lionsgate will likely be the new name for the DiC/Saban/Goldwyn/Metromedia group unless I can find something better.

I think it's a great idea! And their studio's opening logo could even be improved by the inclusion of the MGM lion if Goldwyn still has the rights to it. :)

I think Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson could still be cast as the Scorpion King. He just needs better special effects in this timeline.

I completely agree with that. But given the discussion about WCW and WWF earlier in this timeline and the different routes they might take, if WWF decides to remain family friendly while WCW goes strong style, I think it's safe to assume that Rock would still be touting the Rocky Maiavia name, minus all the cheese that came with it IOTL, and as a result, it would most likely become his stage name professionally in the Film biz.

Last edited:
I'll probably give Shrek to Amblimation.

And perhaps with Turner and Golden Harvest working together on Narnia, maybe it can be produced in both Hong Kong and the US.

I'll probably give Shrek to Amblimation.

Do you think that CGI-Animation will still have a place in this world in terms of fully animated movies? It'd be nice if Brad Bird and some Pixar alumni joined Amblimation and sent them down that path.

Maybe you could hand Tarzan to them instead of Disney, and have them release it in 2000 in the summer. It'd give them something to do at any rate and it'd possibly allow Disney to do Dog of Flanders for 1999.

Last edited:
Love the idea of an Animated Cats musical. Will it be more normal looking cats talking, or anthropomorphic, human-like cats, do you think?

Personally I'd go with the latter, the look and design of the characters in the show is quite iconic that it help give the film it's own identity IMO :p

Last edited:
Also, I'm not sure if you remember this but several pages ago, I suggested an animated version of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds musical in two parts, to be produced by either Ghibli or Toei Animation. The first part coming out in 1999 (My title for that being ''Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds: The Coming of the Martians.'') With Ghibli busy with Princess Mononoke however, realistically it would be up to Toei to do the animation and distribute the film in Japan, while maybe Saban or that Lionsgate coalition you mentioned earlier, dubs and distributes it in the west in time for maybe...October of 99? Would that be possible, do you think?
Actually since it is the mid '90s now, there's another studio that's (hopefully) coming to prominence right about now: Sunrise

Actually since it is the mid '90s now, there's another studio that's (hopefully) coming to prominence right about now: Sunrise

True, but is their style right for a film like this? I chose Toei as a substitute for Ghibli, due to their work on the Digimon shorts that made up the movie. Their style there seems to fit a lot more than Sunrise's.

But let's just say for a moment that Sunrise does do the animation for it and releases it as a two-part OVA in Japan instead of Toei. Who would be the distributor and dubber in the West?

True, but is their style right for a film like this? I chose Toei as a substitute for Ghibli, due to their work on the Digimon shorts that made up the movie. Their style there seems to fit a lot more than Sunrise's.

But let's just say for a moment that Sunrise does do the animation for it and releases it as a two-part OVA in Japan instead of Toei. Who would be the distributor and dubber in the West?

Grand Diamond...maybe?

Grand Diamond...maybe?

I think I'd prefer RKO or Fox TBH.

Also, looking at their work On Big O, Dinozaurs and the Gundam series, I'm starting to realise that Sunrise are the most equipped to animate something of this magnitude. In other words, I say let em have it.

Speaking of RKO, has their opening logo changed at all lately? I'm guessing it looks something like this now.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Hurt should still be in 1984 tbh

Different Adaption. The virgin film still exists ITTL. By now, 1984 is less a future dystopia novel and more of an ''Alternate History'' type deal. All the same, Maybe Hurt could have a role in this new one. Maybe as Mr. Charrington/Goldstein. Speaking of casting choices, My personal preference for Winston would have to be Christian Bale. With no Pocahontas ITTL, I can't help but feel he's been somewhat gipped out of a good deal. Plus according to the ending of Empire of the Sun, he used to have quite the singing voice as a kid.

As for Julia, maybe Kate Winslet? She's not only is she quite the actor, but she's also a great singer too. ^^

Also, seeing as how Oceania basically covers ALL of the Americas, Maybe we could have someone American doing the voice of Tom Parsons, like maybe H. Jon Benjamin? He'd have been doing Dr. Katz for two years round about this time, so maybe Disney could give him a nice, big break.

Last edited:
I feel that Grand Diamond has potential for licensing to theme parks. Perhaps they should license their characters to Cedar Fair, Fun-time or Luna parks. Also we need an updated lincesse of who owns what park. Also will please answer the following question. I have asked several times and never got a response. Has Trump turned around Circus World or sold it. I kinda of like the idea of him selling it to Luna Parks because one of it's parents is Circus Circus.

Last edited:
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
On the eve of Halloween 1996, seven years after The Last Crusade, Hyperion Pictures released Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, the fourth adventure for the daredevil archaeologist.

This time, Indy (Harrison Ford) teams up with former archaeologist turned psychic Sophia Hapgood (Sigourney Weaver) to search for the hidden continent of Atlantis before the Nazis can get their hands on a deadly secret that heralded the continent's doom.

maxresdefault.jpg

Upon its release Fate of Atlantis knocked Bride of Frankenstein off the top spot after three weeks. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is due for release in 1999.

Oldnavy please answer the following question. I have asked several times and never got a response. Has Trump turned around Circus World or sold it. I kinda of like the idea of him selling it to Luna Parks because one of it's parents is Circus Circus.

Last edited: Today at 5:44 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.