Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya, I hear ya. It's a good idea, now that I think about it. I think this could be something that maybe Amblimation might wanna get involved with instead. If they exist still ITTL that is.

Amblimation still does exist ITTL. Their distribution is with Geffen, which in turn, releases their stuff thru Warner Bros.

On the other hand, Metromedia is searching for a way to consolidate DiC, Saban and the Samuel Goldwyn Company under a singular name.

I sent a proposal to @OldNavy1988 via PM on the subject of a possible Superman '97, which includes Fourth World involvement. I was just curious, what casting choices would you make for Darkseid and his elite? My thoughts were this:

Michael York as Kanto
Rene Auberjonois or Charles Dance as Desaad
Ron Perlman as Darkseid

Don't have any ideas for Kalibak or the others though. Would Ed Asner in a wig work for Granny Goodness? :p

I hear ya, I hear ya. It's a good idea, now that I think about it. I think this could be something that maybe Amblimation might wanna get involved with instead. If they exist still ITTL that is.

And if you liked OTL’s Hades this version’s Hera/Juno is basically a female Hades personality-wise.

@Pyro I think that Ed Asner is a casting choice that only works in animation.

I sent a proposal to @OldNavy1988 via PM on the subject of a possible Superman '97, which includes Fourth World involvement. I was just curious, what casting choices would you make for Darkseid and his elite? My thoughts were this:

Michael York as Kanto
Rene Auberjonois or Charles Dance as Desaad
Ron Perlman as Darkseid

Don't have any ideas for Kalibak or the others though. Would Ed Asner in a wig work for Granny Goodness? :p

Just got the message.

Auberjonois would be nice. Perlman too.

Not too familiar with Granny Goodness. Maybe Angela Lansbury or Bea Arthur?

That was a joke. :biggrin: Personally, I think Bea Arthur would be a good choice as I think her appearance and voice closely resemble the character.

As for Kalibak, part of me is tempted to suggest Michael Dorn or Michael Clarke Duncan for the role.

And if you liked OTL’s Hades this version’s Hera/Juno is basically a female Hades personality-wise.

Who would play this hades-esc Hera then? Perhaps Phyllis Diller might be interested? She's like James Woods only, well, not a complete prick.

Amblimation still does exist ITTL. Their distribution is with Geffen, which in turn, releases their stuff thru Warner Bros.

On the other hand, Metromedia is searching for a way to consolidate DiC, Saban and the Samuel Goldwyn Company under a singular name.

Here's hoping that little venture falls through. Less competition means less effort. WWE is a prime example, as is Disney after the 90s IOTL.

So Navy, we're all ready for Bride of Frankenstein, I feel. When can we expect to see it? :)

Oldnavy are you still open to the idea of a Disneyland in Seoul. Also how about butterflying the Kim Jong Nam Toyko Disneyland incident. Kim Jong Nam is probably best guy the west could hope for as leader in North Korea. He is was an advocate of free markets and more interested in being a playboy then politics. The west could easily influenced with expensive gifts. It possible that the army may try a coup and place one of his sibling in charge but there a good chance that China would nam in power and they could easily send in troops to protect him.

I’ve just got an idea for another Disney film. We’ve talked about a Disneyfied 1984, and that got me thinking. Could there be a Disney animated post-apocalyptic movie made? A movie showing hardworking people surviving trying times before getting a happy ending. It sounds like prime Bluth material there.

Call the company Orion, Metromedia Productions, United Metromedia Productions, or Andromeda

Call the company Orion, Metromedia Productions, United Metromedia Productions, or Andromeda

We could also go with First national (that was the name of an early film disubior that was bought out by Warner Brothers) or Macromedia could buy out the new Republic Pictures for there name.

Who would play this hades-esc Hera then? Perhaps Phyllis Diller might be interested? She's like James Woods only, well, not a complete prick.

Here's hoping that little venture falls through. Less competition means less effort. WWE is a prime example, as is Disney after the 90s IOTL.

So Navy, we're all ready for Bride of Frankenstein, I feel. When can we expect to see it? :)

Phyllis Diller sounds like a good choice for Juno. The timeline in question cast Angelina Jolie in the role based on this version of Hera/Juno’s similarities with Maleficent.

Why would you want it to fail? “Less competition means less effort” translates to “resting on one’s laurels”. Being able to get away with less effort in filmmaking doesn’t translate into making good films. Hence why OTL’s Disney Robin Hood is somewhat tainted by all the recycled animation. “Less effort” equals laziness. And laziness equals terrible animation.

I vote for Orion. Hopefully DiC can still continue to operate as Orion Animation.

Speaking of lazy animation, here's hoping that the much more fierce competition going in the animation business has done away with the 'recycled frames' bit of laziness, or at least made it much, much less common. I get it for stuff like transformation sequences and other 'once per episode' stuff, but otherwise it's just really lame.

Phyllis Diller sounds like a good choice for Juno. The timeline in question cast Angelina Jolie in the role based on this version of Hera/Juno’s similarities with Maleficent.

Why would you want it to fail? “Less competition means less effort” translates to “resting on one’s laurels”. Being able to get away with less effort in filmmaking doesn’t translate into making good films. Hence why OTL’s Disney Robin Hood is somewhat tainted by all the recycled animation. “Less effort” equals laziness. And laziness equals terrible animation.

I vote for Orion. Hopefully DiC can still continue to operate as Orion Animation.

Why don't we go with andormmda to add a touch of originality

Updated animation pipeline 1996-1999
Updated animation pipeline for the remainder of the 1990's...

Star Trek: First Contact (Paramount/Nelvana)
Princess Gwenevere (Universal/Hasbro/Gemini)
Balto (Amblimation/Geffen/Warner Bros)

Star Wars: Rise of the Sith (Disney)
The Eleventh Hour (DiC)
Cats Don't Dance (United Artists)

Mulan (Disney)
1984 (Disney; B-squad)
Prince of Egypt (Amblimation/Geffen/Warner Bros)
Star Trek: Insurrection (Paramount/Nelvana)
The Rugrats Movie (Nickelodeon)

The Phantom Menace (Disney)
Fantasia 2000 (Disney)
Doug's First Movie (Hemdale)
The Iron Giant (RKO Radio Pictures)
Cats (Amblimation/Geffen/Warner Bros)
Princess Mononoke (Ghibli/Geffen/Warner Bros)

TBD
Dog of Flanders
Herman's Head (Disney)
Chronicles of Narnia
Tarzan
Hercules and Xena (Columbia/Screen Gems)
Stuart Little
The Sign of the Seahorse (DiC)
Untitled Oz Project (United Artists)

If there is anything you'd like me to add, please let me know.

I'll also need a story outline for the writeup of Bride of Frankenstein.​

Last edited:
Updated animation pipeline for the remainder of the 1990's...

Star Trek: First Contact (Paramount/Nelvana)
Princess Gwenevere (Universal/Hasbro/Gemini)
Balto (Amblimation/Geffen/Warner Bros)

Star Wars: Rise of the Sith (Disney)
The Eleventh Hour (DiC)

Mulan (Disney)
Prince of Egypt (Amblimation/Geffen/Warner Bros)
Star Trek: Insurrection (Paramount/Nelvana)
The Rugrats Movie (Nickelodeon)

The Phantom Menace (Disney)
Fantasia 2000 (Disney)
Doug's First Movie (Hemdale)
The Iron Giant (RKO Radio Pictures)
Cats (Amblimation/Geffen/Warner Bros)
Princess Mononoke (Ghibli/Geffen/Warner Bros)

TBD
Dog of Flanders
Herman's Head (Disney)
Chronicles of Narnia
Tarzan
Hercules and Xena (Columbia/Screen Gems)
Stuart Little
The Sign of the Seahorse (DiC)

If there is anything you'd like me to add, please let me know.

I'll also need a story outline for the writeup of Bride of Frankenstein.​

Pokemon The Movie at Grand Diamond for '99 and Dog of Flanders should go to Warner Bros. Though Prince of Egypt should be the first film to open with this

whilst Mononoke should open with this

Status
Not open for further replies.