Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope doing so what hurt Cyprus gardens.

Why do you want Circus World's success to hurt Cypress Gardens? I'm thinking that if the success of the new Circus World affects their profit margins enough they could become the second theme park that the new joint venture (not yet known as "Luna Parks") buys in the southeast.

Last edited:
Why do you want Circus World's success to hurt Cypress Gardens? I'm thinking that if the success of the new Circus World affects their profit margins enough they could become the first theme park that the new joint venture (not yet known as "Luna Parks") buys outside of the New England-Ohio area.
Opps i forgot the to type the word won't before hurt. I like the idea of being associted with Luna Parks. Do you like the idea of them lincessing Grand Diamond character or Dic character.

Opps i forgot the to type the word won't before hurt. I like the idea of being associted with Luna Parks. Do you like the idea of them lincessing Grand Diamond character or Dic character.

The benefit of having Cypress Gardens be associated with Luna Parks is that it keeps a certain Danish toy company away from the theme park.

Why not? I'm guessing that getting the license to either Grand Diamond's or DiC's characters would be inexpensive enough for the newly-created venture to afford. Assuming you still exist in this world, what character would you have loved to have a costumed meet and greet in Americana Park? I'd probably have to go with Inspector Gadget personally.

A suggestion @Igeo654 made earlier about a Justice Society film gave me an idea of how to divvy up National's superheroes by era/teams.

Justice Society of America (1940s-early 50s): Johnny Quick, Liberty Belle, Hourman (Rex Tyler), Doctor Fate, Sandman (Wes Dodds), Starman (Ted Knight), Spectre, Shining Knight, Crimson Avenger, Star-Spangled Kid, Stripsey, Tarantula, Robotman (Robert Crane), Vigilante, Air Wave, TNT, Guardian

Justice League of America (Present Day): Superman, Batman, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Zatanna, Firestorm, Vixen, Starman (Will Payton), Commander Steel, Doctor Light (Kimiyo Hoshi[1]), Blue Devil, Booster Gold[2]

Batman's Outsiders: Batman, Geo-Force, Metamorpho, Katana, Halo, Looker

[Teen] Titans: Nightwing, Supergirl, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg, Changeling/Beast Boy, Tempest (Formerly Aqualad), Red Arrow (Roy Harper, formerly Speedy), Hourman II (Rick Tyler), Bumblebee, Guardian (Mal Duncan), Hawk and Dove

Young Justice (post-1998): Robin (Tim Drake), Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore), Superboy (Conner Kent), Jesse Quick[3], Arrowette, Hotspot

Legion of Super-Heroes (30th Century): More or less the same as the 80s line-up. Without the forced retcons and reboots of the 80s and 90s, it will probably look drastically different from OTL.

Undetermined/Unaligned: Any of the Global Guardians, any Fourth World character, Doom Patrol, Challengers of the Unknown, Power Girl, Huntress, Suicide Squad, Swamp Thing, John Constatine, Morpheus (Dream)

[1]Albeit under different circumstances, since the genesis of the character came from OTL's Crisis on Infinite Earths, which I believe was butterflied.

[2]I assume his creator, Dan Jurgens, was working at National since the 80s.

[3]Butterflied as the granddaughter of Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle.

A suggestion @Igeo654 made earlier about a Justice Society film gave me an idea of how to divvy up National's superheroes by era/teams.

Justice Society of America (1940s-early 50s): Johnny Quick, Liberty Belle, Hourman (Rex Tyler), Doctor Fate, Sandman (Wes Dodds), Starman (Ted Knight), Spectre, Shining Knight, Crimson Avenger, Star-Spangled Kid, Stripsey, Tarantula, Robotman (Robert Crane), Vigilante, Air Wave, TNT, Guardian

Justice League of America (Present Day): Superman, Batman, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Zatanna, Firestorm, Vixen, Starman (Will Payton), Commander Steel, Doctor Light (Kimiyo Hoshi[1]), Blue Devil, Booster Gold[2]

Batman's Outsiders: Batman, Geo-Force, Metamorpho, Katana, Halo, Looker

[Teen] Titans: Nightwing, Supergirl, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg, Changeling/Beast Boy, Tempest (Formerly Aqualad), Red Arrow (Roy Harper, formerly Speedy), Hourman II (Rick Tyler), Bumblebee, Guardian (Mal Duncan), Hawk and Dove

Young Justice (post-1998): Robin (Tim Drake), Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore), Superboy (Conner Kent), Jesse Quick[3], Arrowette, Hotspot

Legion of Super-Heroes (30th Century): More or less the same as the 80s line-up. Without the forced retcons and reboots of the 80s and 90s, it will probably look drastically different from OTL.

Undetermined/Unaligned: Any of the Global Guardians, any Fourth World character, Doom Patrol, Challengers of the Unknown, Power Girl, Huntress, Suicide Squad, Swamp Thing, John Constatine, Morpheus (Dream)

[1]Albeit under different circumstances, since the genesis of the character came from OTL's Crisis on Infinite Earths, which I believe was butterflied.

[2]I assume his creator, Dan Jurgens, was working at National since the 80s.

[3]Butterflied as the granddaughter of Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle.

If they do make anything Teen Titans related I hope its not like the 2003 series; with Young Justice don't make it like the show, both were awful due the main characters being whiny

If they do make anything Teen Titans related I hope its not like the 2003 series; with Young Justice don't make it like the show, both were awful due the main characters being whiny

Well, take note that when I say "Young Justice" I refer to the unrelated comic books series by Peter David. The team shares nothing in common with the OTL show aside from the name.

The benefit of having Cypress Gardens be associated with Luna Parks is that it keeps a certain Danish toy company away from the theme park.

Why not? I'm guessing that getting the license to either Grand Diamond's or DiC's characters would be inexpensive enough for the newly-created venture to afford. Assuming you still exist in this world, what character would you have loved to have a costumed meet and greet in Americana Park? I'd probably have to go with Inspector Gadget personally.

I felt the grand old dame of trandial florida amusent parks being turn into legoland was an insult to amusent park hertiage

Well, take note that when I say "Young Justice" I refer to the unrelated comic books series by Peter David. The team shares nothing in common with the OTL show aside from the name.

Good, because Justin/Superboy was well.... see Confused Matthew's reviews of Lion King and Star Wars Episodes 2 and 3 to see what I think of him

November 1996 Movies
The English Patient
Released by Grand Diamond, The English Patient runs the same and would go on to win the same number of Oscars as OTL.

101 Dalmatians
Live action remake which runs the same as OTL. Disney reissues Walt's 1961 version on VHS and Laserdisc to help promote the film. Modest success at best.

King Kong Meets Godzilla
Touted by RKO Radio Pictures as the studio's holiday season blockbuster, it carries many similarities to Universal's OTL import of the 1962 film produced by Toho.

Select cast
BD Wong as Osamu Sakurai
Jason Scott Lee as Kazuo Fujita
Kevin Spacey [1] as Eric Carter
George Takei as Yutaka Omura
Donald Sutherland as Dr Arnold Johnson

Upon its theatrical release, King Kong Meets Godzilla was hailed by critics as a worthy throwback to 60's camp.

[1] He and Anthony Rapp never meet ITTL but I might still bring in another actor to take over his OTL roles in a few years unless someone else has a better idea.

Why are you complaining about the good Teen Titans series? That show's characters had good reasons to be angsty. Raven, for instance, was a ticking time bomb for an apocalypse. Said Raven being one of the best roles of an incredibly talented voice actress's career.

I felt the grand old dame of trandial florida amusent parks being turn into legoland was an insult to amusent park hertiage

I can understand how a foreign company (almost) completely erasing a decades-old theme park would seem like an insult to history. It's not like I'm a stranger to wanting to rescue failing theme parks. The creation of the yet-to-be-named "Luna Parks" can attest to that. The most galling thing is that it wasn't their own failure that caused it to become Legoland Florida. It was a few years of low tourism following 9/11 and the company that bought them going under. Both were factors beyond the control of Cypress Gardens. Hopefully being a part of a more successful theme park company would keep Danish toy companies far away from Cypress Gardens ITTL.

Do you think who ever take geroge w bush place could get wind of 9/11 and prevent the attack
I suspect there are more than enough butterflies in play to prevent it by now; but on the off chance there aren't the only thing it would take to prevent it is to make the alphabet soup of government intelligence and law enforcement cut their little interdepartmental pissing matches and share their notes!
The CIA, NSA, and FBI all had bits and pieces, but nothing solid....until you put them all together. Then it was clear and obvious that shit was going down, and where and when it was starting.

1996 Presidential Election
Ladies and gentlemen, the polls on the west coast have closed and we now have a clear winner.

33085_med.jpeg

President Al Gore: "I'd like to congratulate President Elect Dole and Vice President Elect Kemp on their victory in last night's election."

1996_gore_st_petersburg_fl_605.jpg

Up next:

Balto
Mars Attacks
Princess Gwenevere

Ladies and gentlemen, the polls on the west coast have closed and we now have a clear winner.

33085_med.jpeg

President Al Gore: "I'd like to congratulate President Elect Dole and Vice President Elect Kemp on their victory in last night's election."

1996_gore_st_petersburg_fl_605.jpg

Up next:

Balto
Mars Attacks
Princess Gwenevere

Well, here comes the dark days are a'coming. good luck in 2000 or 04.

Hopefully, Balto will be done better than our timeline.

Well, here comes the dark days are a'coming. good luck in 200 or 04.

Hopefully, Balto will be done better than our timeline.

At least this incompetent President doesn't have Dick Cheney as a Vice President. Hopefully, Kemp is competent enough to do damage control. Still, SNL is going to have a motherlode of gaffes to parody. So the next four years will at least be hilarious.

At least this incompetent President doesn't have Dick Cheney as a Vice President. Hopefully, Kemp is competent enough to do damage control. Still, SNL is going to have a motherlode of gaffes to parody. So the next four years will at least be hilarious.

Hopefully. Maybe three of the planes will be saved and the Pentagon will be completely destroyed instead. Something tells me Spelling image in the UK is gonna be fine too. Depends on who the pm is now.

Any updates on the Animation pipeline @OldNavy1988 ?

Nope, sorry. Disagree. Both shows were iconic and beautiful. Neither of them should be butterflied at all, in fact, I'd argue that a JSA cartoon with the exact style and feel of the YJ cartoon should be created in its place. And as for teen titans, it deserves to be created the way it was.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.