Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably depends on the context. Like, if you write it so that Bligs is a Trump analogue (i.e. wants to build a wall or something) then it’d be current politics, but if all you’re doing is using the picture then you’re probably good.
Then why use the picture if you're not commenting on his politics?
The mere use of it brings up a discussion.

Generally when people make fictional politicians and wish to use images they use images from real life, which image they use dosen't always determine an analogue.
Most people who do that tend to use slightly less well known ones who tend not to be involved in current politics. Since they know they'll get comments about who it is and their politics.

upload_2019-1-30_8-37-33.png

As long as the Democratic dominance since 2048 was, only interrupted by an independent President in the 60s, it all had to end at some point. President Firouze Glass was a popular president, but the Democratic brand was only getting more and more unpopular, especially as the economy stagnated.

People were calling for fiscal sustainability and blamed the "bloated" Democratic-built state apparatus that "dragged down the economy". They wanted a slimmer state, but certainly not a starved one. This wasn't the Second Gilded Age, for one! And the GOP wasn't calling for die-hard paleoliberalism. Merely what they played up as their miracle cure - a "social market economy", on the line of the EuroFed.

While they were happy to take cues on the economy from the EuroFed, the Republicans were generally sceptical of the Democratic grand project, namely the euro-dollar ("eddie" for short). Nevertheless, the war on that was comprehensively lost after twenty years, and new voters by 2088 grew up with the eddie. So the Republicans had to shift tack. The Democrats' new idea was that of pegging the eddie and the Asian Union's yupee together to form a new economic zone enveloping the majority of the world. Republicans cried foul at this idea, decrying it as "further distilling American influence over its money".

And indeed, the majority of Americans were unconvinced by the idea. Perhaps it was mere Sinophobia, maybe it was the concerning news coming out of the Chinese Consortium regarding their controversial way of managing their people. But in the end, Americans stood opposed to the idea of a global economic zone. The Republicans used this to make historic gains in the midterms, finally winning the House for the first time in 40 years. President Glass was concerned.

As the Republicans started to dream once more of finally returning to the White House, the Democrats went on the offense. Arguing that the Republicans' domestic policy would enable "the corruption of Americans' very own humanity" by legalising transhumanism and allying with radical transhumanist states such as Emain Ablach (Ireland). President Glass would be seen attending several swing states such as Oklahoma, Utah, North California and Alabama in order to shore up Democratic support in those states that were seen as vulnerable to a Republican swing.

The Republicans ended up nominating the charismatic Governor of Francisco, Summer Cardona, who decided to run with Senator from Alabama Everett Hudson in an attempt to unite the urban and rural wings of the party. Cardona campaigned hard on "the dignity of labour" and "Putting Americans First". She campaigned primarily on the social market economy and relaxing "moralistic" laws such as the "unreasonable" ban on transhumanism the Democrats imposed on to the American people. However, emerging from a strongly-held convention, President Glass would not go down without a fight. With Vice President Levi Sifuentes of Puerto Rico by her side, she hit the GOP hard and played up the Democrats as the party of safety and the only party that could be trusted by all of America.

Unfortunately for Glass, by 2088 the American people wanted change. And they voted for that in a clear victory, with the Republicans increasing their hold on the House, gaining in the Senate [albeit not winning it due to unfavourable states being up] and the cherry on the top was that their woman, Governor Summer Cardona, would be going to the White House, ending a 20 year streak of Democratic control and a 40 year Republican drought.

As Cardona made her victory speech surrounded by the cheering students, part of the new conservative generation of students that supported the GOP, the world felt America tremble as a new era started. America was now under new management.

So I have a sorta-timeline going where green parties are really popular in some parts of Europe (more on dA); possibly the most popular green movement in Europe is the Italian green movement in the form of the Greens in Italy alliance, led by the New Greens. The first Green president of Italy was elected in 2010, but the alliance has held a majority of seats in the Chamber of Representatives since the 2007 election. They have continued to grow in popularity since, peaking in 2016-17, during which time they won both major elections in landslides. Said elections are detailed here.

EtNADYo.png

0vLAS40.png

As the Republicans started to dream once more of finally returning to the White House, the Democrats went on the offense. Arguing that the Republicans' domestic policy would enable "the corruption of Americans' very own humanity" by legalising transhumanism and allying with radical transhumanist states such as Emain Ablach (Ireland).

Interesting.

What is the origin of Democrats' opposition to transhumanism?

An Alternate 1916 election, with Hughes winning, and the use of the German presidential infobox, which is far superior than the English version.

1916 US Presidential Election (infobox).png

1916 US presidential election results.png

Last edited:
So I have a sorta-timeline going where green parties are really popular in some parts of Europe (more on dA); possibly the most popular green movement in Europe is the Italian green movement in the form of the Greens in Italy alliance, led by the New Greens. The first Green president of Italy was elected in 2010, but the alliance has held a majority of seats in the Chamber of Representatives since the 2007 election. They have continued to grow in popularity since, peaking in 2016-17, during which time they won both major elections in landslides. Said elections are detailed here.

EtNADYo.png

0vLAS40.png

Utterly magnificent.

Deleted member 81475

This is all the governors (ca. game start) in my WIP politician quest Jackass in a Hailstorm. The primary POD is a few decades before the present though others have occurred enough that no OTL politicians exist. Not much info because this was mostly a visual aid for myself as I developed the characters the player might interact with (though I'd answer any questions!). There are similar files not yet completed for the Senate and House of Representatives.

JlpRAvC.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is all the governors (ca. game start) in my WIP politician quest Jackass in a Hailstorm. The primary POD is a few decades before the present though others have occurred enough that no OTL politicians exist. Not much info because this was mostly a visual aid for myself as I developed the characters the player might interact with (though I'd answer any questions!). There are similar files not yet completed for the Senate and House of Representatives.

bxcGQ2G.jpg
Woah what game

Deleted member 81475

Woah what game

I guess the closest AH equivalent is a climb game, though most of what I've put together is based on quests I used to play in or run on SB and SV. The players will run chargen deciding the PC's identity and home state, go through a quick tutorial which gives some traits, relationships, and a chance to determine initial ideological leanings, and then they're dumped into the quest world with the goal of achieving political success. The win condition is becoming president but that really just unlocks the next half of the game which will depend a lot on when the player gets there and some choices they've made along the way (Bartlet or Underwood).

A lot of dice rolling, stats (Charisma, Management, Legalism, Issue Familiarity, Chicanery, Campaigning, Fundraising, various sub-skills), and the world is sort of set up around a seasonal system where the player gets a number of actions each season depending on their position. Major (plot arcs which involve multiple updates, rolls, meeting new characters, new hooks), Minor (smaller arcs and problems to deal with), Machine (building your staff and team, your campaign apparatus), Personal (your life and family and so on), and Free (things which don't take time or effort to do but you can choose whether or not to do in a seasonal plan). As examples:
  • Representative or Average City Mayor: 1 Major Action, 2 Minor Actions, 1 Machine Action, 2 Personal Actions, ∞ Free Actions
  • Incumbent President of the United States: 4 Major Actions, 6 Minor Actions, 4 Machine Actions, 6 Personal Actions, ∞ Free Actions

Right now I've been working on building up the supporting cast. Governors, senators, representatives, state level officials, mayors, cabinet members, staffers, and so on who the player might interact with - and plot hooks which can develop who the player becomes and what they're known for. There's a path, for example, which has the player fill the role of Leo Ryan or Jackie Speier. Hopefully the dice favor them or the players have earned enough Destiny Points to invest in boosting their rolls.

Deleted member 81475

Incumbent Senators in Jackass in a Hailstorm as of Game Start

Happy to answer any questions about anyone here. Like the governors, the names, genders, and so on were generated from a randomizing list I made, but I've got a pretty good grasp of who everyone is now. Red is Democrat, Blue is Republican, Green is (D-caucasing) Independent. Currently no R-caucasing independent (which would be yellow).

Senate Leadership:
Senate Majority Leader Stephen Samaras (D-DE) & Senate Majority Whip Ethan Kaʻanāʻanā (D-HI)
Senate Minority Leader Osman Gray (R-ID) & Senate Minority Whip Dominic de la Rocha (R-FL)

s0OcAOwg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.