Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Glide08, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

Very, very interesting! I always thought that this world was quite interesting. I was a reader of Tantalus in Tartarus, and so I was wondering if it might be okay to ask a few questions regarding this world?

2. Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

Very, very interesting! I always thought that this world was quite interesting. I was a reader of Tantalus in Tartarus, and so I was wondering if it might be okay to ask a few questions regarding this world?

3. TheHolyInquisition Opinionated

The uneasy line between SocDem and DemSoc
    Come on dude, there was just a post about this.
    Don't hit reply on the whole post just highlight a bit and reply to that.

The Professor likes this.
  4. Morraw ME

Thanks for the support, and yes, you can ask any questions regarding the world; however, it'll be better if you posted it in the new thread HERE.

5. gap80 gap80

Thanks!

I'd love to, but that series isn't over yet! The creators said they might go up to season 5 to complete the story! And Season 2's ending, which I won't spoil here, suggested more danger and destruction will befall the town. How can I make a wiki box for something that hasn't happened yet? We won't know what happens to the town in 1983 (which would determine how it'd be presented on a wiki article in the present) until the series concludes! Sorry (I say in th nicest way)...
    Thank you the compliment!

I'm actually referring to the events of some Stephen King books.
    (when I was younger, I tried reading some of them, but "It" has over a thousand pages - I only got 1/5th of the way through)
    Thanks for the compliment!
    --------------------------------
    While I'm here...

Confusing Campaigns

Rand enters politics early, but doesn’t give his running mate selection a second thought:
    [​IMG]

The compromise/unity ticket that nobody liked, nor wanted:
    [​IMG]

A literal “who’s who” in politics:
    [​IMG]

"Nepotism? What’s That?":
    [​IMG]

Well at least these two aren’t related:
    [​IMG]

Wait, who’s leading the ticket again?:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  6. lord caedus Very legal and very cool

I'm going to start working the federal results for the "X-in-Canada" series, but first, here's this, the ultimate X-in-Canada that will definitely be in the federal series and is not at all a joke:

-------------------​

The 2018 Bhutan general election was the 20th election held in Canada's remote Himalayan province. The government of Premier Jigme Thinley's Bhutanese People's Party (BPP) sought re-election, seeking to be the first non-Liberal government in Bhutan to achieve such a feat. Thinley had performed ably in the ten years since he had taken office, but the long political fights over social issues and the government's attempt to increase the scope of the Notwithstanding Clause to allow for the re-criminalization of homosexuality in Bhutan had damaged his reputation in both the province, whose views on homosexuality had become increasingly liberalized since the end of the 20th century, and in the eyes of Ottawa.

The Liberals, led by Tshering Tobgay, saw the opportunity to regain the party's role as the dominant party in Bhutan, although without the unofficial endorsement and support of the Lieutenant Governor Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, the traditional "Dragon King" whose family had, by political convention, always been appointed to the lieutenant governor's position regardless of prime minister. The young Lieutenant Governor had eschewed his family's traditional support of the Liberal machine in favor of being a strictly non-partisan symbol and thus, had allowed traditional Bhutanese to pick their own government without pressure. Tobgay had managed to convince former New Democratic Party (NDP) leader Dorji Choden to cross the floor to join the Liberals shortly after the 2013 election and went into the election campaign hoping to see his party overwhelmingly take the anti-BPP vote.

The NDP under new leader Lily Wangchuk, however, had other plans. Their plans to improve the "gross provincial happiness", including a generous program of childcare, infrastructure spending in remote areas and effort to increase the opportunity for women and girls to attend schools halted and then reversed the expected decline after Choden's defection. Thinley, having lost his political luster after ten years in power, had a spot of hope, but even with younger Bhutanese, especially younger female voters, flocking to the NDP, the Liberals consistently led in the polls before election day.

xjokebhutan.png

Once the results became clear, the Bhutanese people could only smile at just how truly Canadian they were.

The BPP and Liberals had almost exactly flipped the number of seats each party had at the beginning of the previous parliament, with the Liberals' voting efficiency and first-past-the-post enabling them to win over 70 percent of seats on 42 percent of the vote. The NDP, for its part, managed to win one more seat over their 2013 performance, but Wangchuk narrowly failed to make it into the National Assembly.

The new premier has a strong mandate, and has begun to act on it. Premier Tobgay, after considerable debate, has recently decided to end the challenge to expand the Notwithstanding Clause, and has begun to strengthen the environmental policies of the Thinley goverment to the point where Bhutan plans to be "carbon-negative" by 2025. With Bhutan rarely deviating from its national assembly sit for its full duration and a healthy majority, it seems like the Liberals will have five years to prove if they are deserving of a renewed mandate, this time without help from the Dragon King.

-------------------​

• This is so non-canon.
    • No, I'm not making any more joke X-in-Canada boxes for this series, no matter how funny it would be to see Central African Republic-in-Canada.

X-in-Canada
    Minnesota
    Dakota
    Alaska
    Wisconsin
    Maine
    Oregon
    Montana
    New Hampshire
    Michigan

7. Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

Sorry, I wasn't aware that we could that.

killertahu22 likes this.
  8. krinsbez Well-Known Member

I'm aware that you're reffing a bunch of SK's stuffs, but I was asking cuz, as I understand it, the book, miniseries, and film versions of It all have different dates.

gap80 likes this.
  9. maonsie Ruler of the Crossing, King of the Weald

I've changed it up a bit, added some more baronial titles and differenced it more appropriately.

[​IMG]

RGB, Charger24, gap80 and 3 others like this.
  10. Gonzo Grumpy Poujadist Norn Person

Boy the TV debates there must have been riveting. :p Great box nonetheless, I have to say it is amazing you could find politicians to put in for each party there.

True Grit likes this.
  11. The Professor Pontifex Collegii Vexillographiariorum

Even without the new additional quarter that looks good!

12. True Grit Creek

At this point you should just lean in to things and make a Canada-in-Bhutan. Think of the possibilities!

13. Britannicus Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports

Just out of curiosity, how did you create those Bhutanese ridings?

14. Glide08 "Oh yeah. That guy exists."

The Existing Bhutanese NA constituencies, I guess...

Also, [fanrage: ON] Y NO ISRAEL IN CANADA?

15. Britannicus Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports

But there are only 47 Bhutanese constituencies in our timeline, and this Bhutan-in-Canada has 49.

Is there a secret Boundary Assistant-style website for Bhutan?

TPL99, Utgard96 and Youngmarshall like this.
  16. Glide08 "Oh yeah. That guy exists."

cades would tell you, bit then he'd have to kill you.

17. maonsie Ruler of the Crossing, King of the Weald

Lilies & Lions
    Charles VII (22 February 1403 – 21 April 1429) was the self-proclaimed King of France following his father's death late in 1421.

In the midst of war with the Kingdom of England, Charles VII inherited the throne of France under desperate circumstances. Armies of the Kingdom of England and the Duchy of Burgundy occupied Guyenne and northern France, including Paris, the most populous city, and Reims, the city in which the French kings were traditionally crowned. In addition, his father Charles VI the Mad had disinherited him in 1420 and recognized Henry V of England and his heirs as the legitimate successors of the French crown instead. At the same time, a civil war raged in France between the Armagnacs (supporters of the royal House of Valois) and the Burgundians (supporters of the House of Valois-Burgundy allied to the English).

With his court removed to Bourges, south of the Loire River, Charles was disparagingly called the “King of Bourges”, because the area around this city was one of the few remaining regions left to him. Seeing little other choice at legitimacy, Charles had himself crowned king following his father's death in 1421. His bitter rival, the now proclaimed Henry II, King of France, was quick to pursue.

Charles died in battle near the city of Vienne in 1429; his death secured the succession for Henry, and ended the age of Capet rule in France.

In legacy, Charles' short, tumultuous reign is painted as one of great ruin to the House of Valois.

[​IMG]
    ~~~ LILIES & LIONS ~~~
    Henry of Luxembourg (25 September 1397 – 9 April 1471) was a Duke of Milan, as well as the crowned King of the Lombards, and the first from the Imperial House of Luxembourg. He was the second-born son of Emperor Sigismund I and Mary of Hungary.

Whilst his brother focused upon succeeding as Emperor, Henry was dispatched by Sigismund in 1445 to seize the Duchy of Milan due to the death of Filippo Maria Visconti. As a result of this war, Henry brought about Imperial dominance to the north of Italy.

[​IMG]

I'm super, super happy with it. The moment I added the new torteaux, I knew exactly how it needed to look. That was a brilliant suggestion!

18. Utgard96 basically a load of twaddle about freedom

I love your drawings.

19. Kenst Banned

Possibly the most beautiful thing on AH.com.

20. The Professor Pontifex Collegii Vexillographiariorum

No worries. Arms ideas and variants is a minor obsession of mine. You can bet on me commenting where improvements are needed ;).
    Definitely following your series!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.