沒有國民黨就沒有中國, Without the Kuomintang there would be no China, A Republic of China Story

While it is unlikely, I put some unlikely events in my TLs for narrative purposes.

Given what Li Ao did after Taiwan democration, he became ATL Chinese head of state gave chill down my spine. Being Fortunate Son of Imperial Japan cozy Formosa Family, Lien Chen won KMT presidential nomination and won the election as well also felt ASB.

Last edited:
Given what Li Ao did after Taiwan democration, he became ATL Chinese head of state gave chill down my spine. Being Fortunate Son of Imperial Japan cozy Formosa Family, Lien Chen won KMT presidential nomination and won the election as well also felt ASB.
Li Ao is certainly an interesting character, and I'm sure that readers who look him up will be surprised at some of what they learn about his later life. Basically everything went right for Li Ao in order for him to win in 1990, and in normal circumstances he wouldn't have gotten anywhere near power.

As for Lien Chan, his father was an important figure in the government OTL and TTL. This gives Lien a lot of connections, and he also serves within the Chiang Ching-kuo and Wang Sheng administrations. He avoids doing anything controversial in the Summer of 1989 and becomes a unifying figure unlike Wang Sheng, Hau Pei-tsun, or Liang Surong. He gets the support of those who want to keep the KMT from being a Chiang Dynasty as well. That was my reasoning for Lien Chan winning the nomination. And then he wins the election due to Li's unpopularity (but only barely because the KMT is also unpopular in 1996).

Damn it, I thought there was a new update.
Well it has been 50 years since the POD(during which Lien was just 10 years old apparently), IMO with the nation as big as China, all bets are kinda off on whether this is still ASB or not since the butterfly really flapping with this POD.

Last edited:
One of the best KMT TLs here that isn’t outright wank and shows how a KMT victory isn’t really sunshine and roses. Really sad to see it go tbh

One of the best KMT TLs here that isn’t outright wank and shows how a KMT victory isn’t really sunshine and roses. Really sad to see it go tbh
Second this. A lot of KMT timelines basically assume you can replicate Taiwan on the mainland and this one was clear-eyed about the upsides and downsides of continued Chiangism alike.

That said the handover in 1997 is a very sensible conclusion and an epilogue at some point catching us up to present day would be satisfactory as a one-off follow up

Very much wonderful! I don’t know what else could he covered except some fields we missed like develops in cultural, how that connected to the outside world and so on.

However in my case I wasn't born until 2003 so even if I were to exist and still be of the same gender there is only the possibility that my personality would be a heavily different one influenced by the very things that made me like this TL so much.

Since China is already democratic by the 1990s in this timeline I guess that the 99% percent of the spammers that often attacked this very site will come from Myanmar instead of China.